PDA

View Full Version : Corvette C6 GT2 in ALMS 2008

pchall
10-05-07, 03:33 PM
Ripped from the ALMS state of the series speech:

New Team/Manufacturers for the 2008 Grid

Three new independent customer teams representing three different auto manufacturers will race in the American Le Mans Series GT2 class next season. Bill Riley and Lou Gigliotti will introduce two Corvette C6's to next season's GT2 grid. The production-based Corvette will feature the standard Corvette C.6 engine which produces approximately 430 horsepower versus the 500-plus horsepower of its GT1 class Z06 engine counterpart.

Joel Feinberg of Primetime Race Group will run a Dodge Viper factory-supported customer team with the intent of running multiple teams beginning at Sebring in 2008.

The third new team is a Ford GT operated by Kevin Doran who intends to run the endurance races and provide cars to other top flight independent programs.

jonovision_man
10-05-07, 04:07 PM
I'd watch it, but would hate to miss ARCA. ;)

jono

Sean Malone
10-05-07, 04:09 PM
I thought Dodge pulled factory support of the Viper. Or did they just stop their own manufacturer team but still support anyone who wants to run one?

cameraman
10-05-07, 04:27 PM
The Viper and Ford GT are GT2 also, correct???

It would be nice if they were GT1...

extramundane
10-05-07, 05:27 PM
I thought Dodge pulled factory support of the Viper. Or did they just stop their own manufacturer team but still support anyone who wants to run one?

The Viper entries this year are privateer, modified World Challenge cars, but Dodge has been "watching closely" and is supposedly helping get ACO homologation for the Comp Coupe.

The Viper and Ford GT are GT2 also, correct???

It would be nice if they were GT1...

The Viper is; The Ford GT will be if it ever materializes. Kevin Doran's no fool, but the guy bankrolling the whole deal...

Accipiter
10-06-07, 12:57 PM
I'll take "Cars we'll never see on the grid" for 1000, Alex.

FCYTravis
10-06-07, 04:38 PM
No, the Viper and Ford GT are both GT2 cars. Team owners aren't fools - they're not going to take on the factory insanity that is Corvette/P&M.

Which, of course, means Corvette/P&M might not be back next year.