PDA

View Full Version : FCR Ad in Autoweek

Elmo T
10-05-07, 07:59 AM
Not sure if this is new - but it is the first I've seen of it.

There is an ad in the latest issue of Autoweek for employment opportunities for FCR. The positions include 4 different classifications of mechanics, transport drivers, damper technicians, fabricators, machinists, chief engineers, front office personnel, data aquisition engineers - and this is not even the compete list.

Highlighted in the ad - "Primary consideration will be given to those individuals who can show previous experience in Champcar, Champcar Atlantics, or similarly technically challenging series." (The emphasis is mine)

Is that an uncommon number of open positions? Major turnover at FCR? New team?

Also, what would be the definition of a technically challenging series?

Sean Malone
10-05-07, 08:11 AM
Not sure if this is new - but it is the first I've seen of it.

There is an ad in the latest issue of Autoweek for employment opportunities for FCR. The positions include 4 different classifications of mechanics, transport drivers, damper technicians, fabricators, machinists, chief engineers, front office personnel, data aquisition engineers - and this is not even the compete list.

Highlighted in the ad - "Primary consideration will be given to those individuals who can show previous experience in Champcar, Champcar Atlantics, or similarly technically challenging series." (The emphasis is mine)

Is that an uncommon number of open positions? Major turnover at FCR? New team?

Also, what would be the definition of a technically challenging series?

Wasn't it our very own Spicoli who mentioned a re-org at FCR last week?

Elmo T
10-05-07, 08:17 AM
Wasn't it our very own Spicoli who mentioned a re-org at FCR last week?

If so, then I will personally welcome myself to last week. ;)

Given the listing of open positions, it must be a serious housecleaning or mass exodus.

Sean Malone
10-05-07, 08:43 AM
If so, then I will personally welcome myself to last week. ;)

Given the listing of open positions, it must be a serious housecleaning or mass exodus.

Actually it was TKAngel who mentioned it in the "FCR Check writing" thread.

Don't you read every word of every thread? geez! ;)

KLang
10-05-07, 08:53 AM
I think PT wrote in his column in ? that there was a major housecleaning going on.

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-07, 09:15 AM
Would you rather have them write IRL? I'm sure alot of mechanics in Indy have experience in the IRL, and thus would be suitable for the positions they are looking for.

Easy
10-05-07, 10:26 AM
"similarly technically challenging series". These days that would equate to Asian Formula Renault V6.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-07, 10:36 AM
"similarly technically challenging series". These days that would equate to Asian Formula Renault V6.
I think they mean NASCAR and the subtle sciences of duct tape, spring rubbers and cutting edge engine technology.

TKGAngel
10-05-07, 10:53 AM
Actually it was TKAngel who mentioned it in the "FCR Check writing" thread.

Yup, I mentioned it in relation to Spicoli's comment about PT's column.

I can't keep track of all the rumors floating around, but is FCR rumored to be leaving the series as well, hence the "similarly technically challenging series" comment?

Insomniac
10-05-07, 12:05 PM
Yup, I mentioned it in relation to Spicoli's comment about PT's column.

I can't keep track of all the rumors floating around, but is FCR rumored to be leaving the series as well, hence the "similarly technically challenging series" comment?

There is no way FCR is leaving ChampCar for anything else.

cameraman
10-05-07, 12:27 PM
PT stated very plainly in his column that FCR was going to do some major hiring during the off season.

Elmo T
10-05-07, 01:54 PM
Would you rather have them write IRL? I'm sure alot of mechanics in Indy have experience in the IRL, and thus would be suitable for the positions they are looking for.

I don't care what they write - I don't even change my oil. ;)

It was their choice of words that I found interesting. "Technically challenging series" means something to race mechanics and teams? I don't doubt there are plenty of skilled team members in the IRL, but where is that technically challenged cut-off point?

Lacking inside knowledge, the ad reads like they are forming a new team or they are starting with a clean slate.

Easy
10-05-07, 02:58 PM
Usually they write something along the lines of, "experience in Champ Car, IRL, Formula 3000/GP2 or similar."

cameraman
10-05-07, 04:17 PM
So let me get this straight, if they had written "Primary consideration will be given to those individuals who can show previous experience in Champcar, Champcar Atlantics, or the IRL." you would immediately say they were switching over to the IRL but since they wrote "Primary consideration will be given to those individuals who can show previous experience in Champcar, Champcar Atlantics, or similarly technically challenging series." you are saying they are switching over to the IRL. :rolleyes:

Sean Malone
10-05-07, 04:23 PM
At least it doesn't say "looking for tube benders and sheet metal workers. Must like BBQ pork rinds". :)

Elmo T
10-05-07, 06:23 PM
At least it doesn't say "looking for tube benders and sheet metal workers. Must like BBQ pork rinds". :)
:thumbup:

I guess I wasn't clear in my post above. I am not reading into the part about qualifications - I am reading into the listing of open positions. I don't have the ad in front of me now - but there were no fewer than a dozen different positions listed. And these weren't of the "we need someone to sweep the floor" type positions. To me, the listing of positions read like someone looking to fill every position - short of the driver. Thus my point: the ad reads like someone starting a new team (not implying any specific series - only one that is technically challenging ;) ) or they've cleaned house in the CCWS team.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-07, 06:58 PM
Maybe Tracy thinks a new crew will help.........it won't :gomer:

Easy
10-08-07, 05:03 PM
So let me get this straight, if they had written "Primary consideration will be given to those individuals who can show previous experience in Champcar, Champcar Atlantics, or the IRL." you would immediately say they were switching over to the IRL but since they wrote "Primary consideration will be given to those individuals who can show previous experience in Champcar, Champcar Atlantics, or similarly technically challenging series." you are saying they are switching over to the IRL. :rolleyes:

If that was for me:

I'm not making any predictions, just saying that wanted ads for wrenches and engineers usually mention those series specifically. I read nothing into FCRs ad other than they are hiring and don't want apps from a 17 year old jr mechanics from SCCA Club prep shops.

Sean O'Gorman
10-08-07, 06:42 PM
What if they have experience with Alfa Romeos? :laugh: