PDA

View Full Version : men in black

Sean Malone
10-04-07, 02:30 PM
Around the time of the CART bankruptcy proceedings there were a few mentions of a group of ‘shadow-men’ that had a hand in international autoracing ‘proceedings’. Few posters knew about this group and even fewer knew what they actually did, but one thing that was said was that they played hard ball, and if you wanted to race around the world, you had to deal with them, no if, ands or buts.

I assume they negotiate in turn with the FIA or maybe they are a part of the FIA. It was mentioned that CART had a difficult time dealing with this group, led by one guy in particular and that it was rumored that NASCAR, Tony George and BE persuaded this group/man to make things very difficult for the new CCWS. But when international races are mentioned by KK et al, they never mention this ‘shadow group’. Is there really no such thing, was it someone exaggerating? I’ve had it in the back of my mind since the original threads and I’m curious if they are still an issue behind the scenes.

Methanolandbrats
10-04-07, 03:38 PM
I'll bet this guy can find out who they are http://vwt.d2g.com:8081/tinfoil1.jpg

Indy
10-04-07, 08:22 PM
I think they are called the Bilderberg Group.

Sean Malone
10-04-07, 08:40 PM
No one? All the insiders around and they can't come up with one name?

Hmm.

datachicane
10-04-07, 08:46 PM
http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/users/boogles/illuminati.gif

pchall
10-04-07, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a legend propagated at AR1... the MIB were probably just the guys from ACCUS.

Sean Malone
10-04-07, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a legend propagated at AR1... the MIB were probably just the guys from ACCUS.

Bingo. You're right, that does smell like a Sillypony kinda thing. So is ACCUS non players in Champ Cars expansion plans?

pchall
10-04-07, 10:52 PM
Bingo. You're right, that does smell like a Sillypony kinda thing. So is ACCUS non players in Champ Cars expansion plans?

CCWS has been grandfathered with ACCUS through CART's membership since 2004. Since ACCUS deals with the FIA on international driver licensing matters, track safety, and sanctioning of races outside the US, CCWS needs ACCUS membership to pursue their international events.

Part of the summertime scuttlebutt about CCWS having ALMS handle the sanctioning of their events had to do with ALMS' ACCUS membership and easier scheduling of joint event weekends. I thought at the time it might have something to do with CCWS/ALMS weekends in Canada and Mexico, but the rumor has faded away.

Jag_Warrior
10-04-07, 11:30 PM
I think they are called the Bilderberg Group.

Please don't tell the posters at a certain forum about the Bilderbergers. Please don't. Please. Please. Please. :cry:

Methanolandbrats
10-04-07, 11:47 PM
Bilderbergers.........CHampcar would be item #1 on their agenda.........I'm think I'm gonna piss my pants laughing :laugh:

pchall
10-06-07, 04:07 PM
Please don't tell the posters at a certain forum about the Bilderbergers. Please don't. Please. Please. Please. :cry:

Just a bunch of disenfranchised fascists who can't appear publicly at the G8.

Depending on your predisposition, the Bilderberg Council is either a jolly for self-important businessmen and up-and-coming or past-it politicians, or a gathering of 120 of the most powerful people in the world who are bent on moulding global policy to their own ends. What we do know is that this meeting of some of the wealthiest and most influential figures in the Western world is conducted in conditions of obsessive secrecy and security.

Excerpted from Punch magazine, May 1998.