PDA

View Full Version : Weber-Vettel Crash video

Fio1
10-04-07, 01:38 PM
From a Japanese fan. This video was pulled off youtube by F1, but the Italian newspapers don't care what F1 have to hide!

http://mediacenter.corriere.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=8bb8a9ba-7275-11dc-a7a8-0003ba99c53b

Check it out and you decide who is at fault! What was Hamilton doing?:rolleyes:

Sean Malone
10-04-07, 01:41 PM
Cooling his tires in deeper water. :gomer:

ilferrari
10-04-07, 02:24 PM
The cameraman sure did a great job of keeping calm and focused on the action.

Do FOCA have the right to pull someone's home video at a racetrack?

oddlycalm
10-04-07, 02:34 PM
Check it out and you decide who is at fault! What was Hamilton doing?:rolleyes: Welcome to 20 minutes ago....:p

oc

cameraman
10-04-07, 02:36 PM
The cameraman sure did a great job of keeping calm and focused on the action.

Pretty much yes.

jonovision_man
10-04-07, 03:38 PM
Wow... everyone repeat after me: "I'm sorry Vettel!!!"

Why didn't Webber mention that instead of getting on him so hard?? :confused: He called him a ****ing this and ****ing that.

jono

Methanolandbrats
10-04-07, 04:00 PM
Wow... everyone repeat after me: "I'm sorry Vettel!!!"

Why didn't Webber mention that instead of getting on him so hard?? :confused: He called him a ****ing this and ****ing that.

jono
I know the answer to that one, Weber is an *******.

cameraman
10-04-07, 04:19 PM
In the end it was my fault, I am not here to blame anybody but I think it is clear the rhythm was not there. We are all sitting in the same boat. At that point I was distracted, looking to the right. I was sure he (Hamilton) was retiring, he seemed to have no power any longer, but by the time I looked back I was already in Mark's rear end.

I don't think anyone should be penalized for that. It was a "racing" incident in truly stupid conditions. Hamilton was driving like a jerk much of the time, speeding up and drastically slowing down. The Speed crew commented on it several times. Webber was erratic as hell also and following just as close or closer than Vettel was. Sure Vettel was the one who got caught out but there is no way the kid deserves a ten spot penalty for that.

Robstar
10-05-07, 12:05 PM
I know the answer to that one, Weber is an *******.

They'll (now) blame Hammo, but they're driving race cars... That Merc was aquaplaning...
Webbo''ll whinge for years... snooze & looze...

He's just dirty thst everyone on the big bucks, gets more ***** than him...

cameraman
10-05-07, 12:20 PM
Holy **** the stewards actually used their brains:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good for Vettel.

Robstar
10-05-07, 12:39 PM
Holy **** the stewards actually used their brains:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good for Vettel.

Why, cause he admitted guilt?

TrueBrit
10-05-07, 01:44 PM
Looks to me like a overcooked the entrance to the right hander and wanted to stay out of the spray form the pace car so he went far right in the left-hander...

The person at fault here is Vettel for going up Webber's backside...and Webber is just a whinging ****...

ferrarigod
10-05-07, 04:22 PM

how so? this wasn't a F1 camera, and the person paid the price of admission. how exactly can F1 control something they don't ban at the racetrack?

maybe i've missed the laws from the FIA/FOCA/EU.

cameraman
10-05-07, 04:34 PM
Why, cause he admitted guilt?

No because Webber effectively brake checked Vettel in the middle of a curve in a rain storm.

cameraman
10-05-07, 04:35 PM
how so? this wasn't a F1 camera, and the person paid the price of admission. how exactly can F1 control something they don't ban at the racetrack?

maybe i've missed the laws from the FIA/FOCA/EU.

It is true of any and all professional sports. Take a home movie of the superbowl and post it on youtube. You will be hearing from the NFL.

Robstar
10-05-07, 05:39 PM
Not sure if you guys got the ITV coverage...

James & Martin cross to Louise to ask Mark Webber about the incident...

Louise: "So, Mark - It must be very disappointing... Tell us what happened?"

MW: "Kids with no experience, think they're doing well & then they ***k it all up"

Louise: I think we'll leave it there, back to you James...

Brilliance :thumbup:

jonovision_man
10-05-07, 09:45 PM
No because Webber effectively brake checked Vettel in the middle of a curve in a rain storm.

It wasn't Webber's fault - he's technically not allowed to pass Hamilton, what was he supposed to do?

jono

Methanolandbrats
10-05-07, 09:58 PM
The only solution is to add some form of high tech progressive brake light to the cars..............I'm emailing Max because it probably has road car applications :gomer:

Accipiter
10-06-07, 01:05 PM

He barke checked Vettle so he wouldn't overtake Hamilton and incur a drive-through penalty. Which was probably Lewis' intent when he parked off line like that.

Aquaplaning? BS.

Keeping heat in the brakes? BS.

Worried about Webber hitting him from behind (his excuse in the press conference)? BS.

But in any case, I hate post-facto penalties, so as far as I am concerned, he got away with it. But apparently he got roundly condemend for his tactics in the driver's meeting.