PDA

View Full Version : Google & Firefox

Warlock!
10-04-07, 12:54 PM
Anybody else having this problem/situation? If I click on a bookmark to my Google page (iGoogle they call it, at www.google.com/ig), it takes Firefox literally 10 seconds to begin loading the page. When it starts loading, it's only a fraction of a second before the whole page is up. The thing is, if I click the back button to go to the previous page, there are 4 other iGoogle pages I have to click thru to get to the previous location. If I open a new tab to iGoogle, the "Back" button should be grayed-out since iGoogle is the first place I've visited on the new tab... but it's not... and opening the back button reveals that there are four iGoogles in my "Back" log.

WTF is up wit dat?

Sean Malone
10-04-07, 01:11 PM
Are you at 2.0.0.7? I use both Firefox and iGoogle all day long with no problems.

Did you try that speed up change that DM posted a few weeks ago? It's been solid for me.

devilmaster
10-04-07, 01:36 PM
Did you try that speed up change that DM posted a few weeks ago? It's been solid for me.

I'm still having hiccups with it.... heavy sites like espn or tsn seem to stall halfway through loading the page....

A little annoying, but a fresh reload of the page usually fixes it.

It is faster though. ;)

Insomniac
10-04-07, 02:35 PM
Anybody else having this problem/situation? If I click on a bookmark to my Google page (iGoogle they call it, at www.google.com/ig), it takes Firefox literally 10 seconds to begin loading the page. When it starts loading, it's only a fraction of a second before the whole page is up. The thing is, if I click the back button to go to the previous page, there are 4 other iGoogle pages I have to click thru to get to the previous location. If I open a new tab to iGoogle, the "Back" button should be grayed-out since iGoogle is the first place I've visited on the new tab... but it's not... and opening the back button reveals that there are four iGoogles in my "Back" log.

WTF is up wit dat?

Do you have some type of add-on that saves redirects as visited pages? Or maybe something that does not allow you to redirect quickly. That seems like what those 4 pages in between may be.

Warlock!
10-04-07, 02:46 PM
Are you at 2.0.0.7? I use both Firefox and iGoogle all day long with no problems.

Did you try that speed up change that DM posted a few weeks ago? It's been solid for me.Didn't try the speedup, as 2.0.0.7 has been working just ducky for me elsewhere.
Do you have some type of add-on that saves redirects as visited pages? Or maybe something that does not allow you to redirect quickly. That seems like what those 4 pages in between may be.Not that I'm aware...

Now that Stevie mentions it, I get the same hang-up problem he explained when I go to Expedia... horrible load times there lately, with a refresh usually finishing the load. That doesn't help, tho, when you've typed in a bunch of places and dates...

Insomniac
10-04-07, 03:17 PM
Didn't try the speedup, as 2.0.0.7 has been working just ducky for me elsewhere. Not that I'm aware...

Now that Stevie mentions it, I get the same hang-up problem he explained when I go to Expedia... horrible load times there lately, with a refresh usually finishing the load. That doesn't help, tho, when you've typed in a bunch of places and dates...

Sometimes hitting F5 resubmits the form data you just submitted.

Methanolandbrats
10-04-07, 03:50 PM
IE 7 loads instantly :gomer:

opinionated ow
10-04-07, 06:18 PM
my computer has gone from using google aus in the search box to google us. how do i change it back?