PDA

View Full Version : The schedule was due out in 2 weeks and what?

Spicoli
10-03-07, 09:04 PM
Was that aboot 2 weeks ago?

:confused:

juss axin.

jcollins28
10-03-07, 09:13 PM

juss axin.

Yes on a normal calendar . Two weeks has not passed on the "Steve Johnson" calendar though.

Sean Malone
10-03-07, 09:26 PM
Their reeling from the shock.

jonovision_man
10-03-07, 09:33 PM
Maybe the Penguin Whisperer is back out of town? :D

jono

greenie
10-03-07, 11:17 PM
There's not a lot of honesty (or anything really) coming from the Champ Car hierarchy, so why should this be any different? Champ Car almost always been way late in releasing a schedule, but since their schedules are notoriously unreliable anyway what does it matter?

ferrarigod
10-04-07, 01:27 AM
best way to find a schedule is to pick a city. a city we haven't been kicked out of yet, and have yet to milk of money. for instance, pick london. now type in londongp.com.

rinse. wash. repeat. until you figure out what cities are missing. then divide by 2 b/c most races will go unsponsored and cancelled(leaving denith on the island instead of in phoenix for the december race).

but there's nothing wrong,,,,,steve told me.

pchall
10-04-07, 06:24 AM
I understood the schedule was to be out in mid-October. Since when is the 4th anywhere near the middle? Try again on Tuesday the 16th.

Insomniac
10-04-07, 09:12 AM
Announcement: ChampCar will release their 2008 schedule by March 31, 2008.

Any date before that is just wishful thinking and some idiot in management making one of their everyday promises.

Spicoli
10-04-07, 09:49 AM

Any date before that is just wishful thinking and some idiot in management making one of their everyday promises.

:D

nrc
10-04-07, 12:34 PM

juss axin.

Actually, the story was just a week ago. http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=208400#post208400

But maybe u haz a sors.

pchall
10-04-07, 03:29 PM
But maybe u haz a sors.

Nah, he's just got sores. ;)

Hesketh
10-04-07, 03:31 PM
There's not a lot of honesty (or anything really) coming from the Champ Car hierarchy, so why should this be any different? Champ Car almost always been way late in releasing a schedule, but since their schedules are notoriously unreliable anyway what does it matter?

That's exactly right! :cool:

Racing Truth
10-04-07, 05:44 PM
One more week, Spickles, one more week.

RHR_Fan
10-04-07, 06:14 PM

juss axin.

Shouldn't you be happy just to have Nelsonmania back. ;)

Spicoli
10-04-07, 09:12 PM

:rofl:

Yep.

TU Homer
10-08-07, 12:57 PM

ANy of those "sponsors" on our best looking driver from DaddyNelson? Or are they from bidness folk looking for bidness opportunities from Nelsonmania?

Funny, it looks sorta like a Player's car.

Tim
10-08-07, 01:44 PM
2 days to go.

cameraman
10-08-07, 01:56 PM
Until what, Wednesday?

Tim
10-08-07, 02:00 PM
until the 2 weeks is up.

Sean Malone
10-08-07, 02:05 PM
until the 2 weeks is up.

If a skej isn't out this Wednesday, will CCWS fans around the world spontaneously combust? Just curious. :)

dando
10-08-07, 02:41 PM
If a skej isn't out this Wednesday, will CCWS fans around the world spontaneously combust? Just curious. :)

More like spontaneous implosion. :( OTOH, if it does come out, a spontaneous de-socksification may occur.... :)

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-08-07, 02:44 PM

I think we'll survive, much like the doomsday predictors did. :)

Boatdesigner
10-08-07, 02:55 PM
We'll just debate which races will be cancelled! Which will turn into another meltdown.:shakehead

Spicoli
10-09-07, 09:54 PM
Tomorrow is Wednesday. :D

Won;t that be 2 weeks?

found elsewhere:

The announcement was quoted on 9-26-07, so tomorrow (10-10) is the day...

"We will have our calendar in two weeks, but you can see the smile in my face and in the people around me. When you see our calendar, you will see a world class one, but you have to wait two weeks" confirm the series president( Steve Johnson, CCWS).

devilmaster
10-09-07, 10:31 PM
I don't care what anyone says. I'm still not holdin my breath. Hell, i ain't even gonna hold on to my hollyhocks. ;)

pchall
10-09-07, 10:44 PM
I don't care what anyone says. I'm still not holdin my breath. Hell, i ain't even gonna hold on to my hollyhocks. ;)

Are you using The Official OffCamber Hollyhocks Tethers™ instead?

Sean Malone
10-09-07, 10:58 PM
Tomorrow is Wednesday. :D

Won;t that be 2 weeks?

found elsewhere:

SJ was using a little biz lingo there spicoli, not being literal. He said "when we get the schedule". the he says "when you see it". Two different things.

Just sayin'.

Spicoli
10-09-07, 11:16 PM
SJ was using a little biz lingo there spicoli, not being literal. He said "when we get the schedule". the he says "when you see it". Two different things.

Just sayin'.

Mebbe Stevey is tryin to tricks me cause I not smart like him. :tony:

Methanolandbrats
10-09-07, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna saty up all night hitting refresth cause Im excited.:thumbup:

Gnam
10-10-07, 02:38 AM
2008 ALMS Schedule (http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/FREE/71005007/1024/FREE) released last Friday.

The American Le Mans Series once again will participate in doubleheader weekends with the Champ Car World Series at Long Beach, Houston and Road America...

March 15, Sebring, Florida
April 5, St. Petersburg, Florida
April 19, Long Beach, California
April 26, Houston
May 18, Salt Lake City
July 12, Lakeville, Connecticut
July 19, Lexington, Ohio
Aug. 9, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Aug. 24, Bowmanville, Ontario
Aug. 30, Detroit
Oct. 4, Braselton, Georgia
Oct. 18, Monterey, California

Two things:
1) No Portland for ALMS = No Portland for Champ Car?
2) if you add the May 18, Laguna Seca date... that's 4! confirmed races without a confirmed schedule. :thumbup:

extramundane
10-10-07, 08:12 AM
1)) No Portland for ALMS = No Portland for Champ Car?

pchall's (and my) favorite stuffed kid's toy said this today; Grain of salt, etc, etc.

Portland still is without an agreement with Champ Car to run a race, and the city-owned track isn’t on anyone else’s calendar. They’re negotiating, but far apart. Remember when CC and Road America couldn’t agree on the big bucks sanctioning fee? There ya go.

2) if you add the May 18, Laguna Seca date... that's 4! confirmed races without a confirmed schedule. :thumbup:

4 AMERICAN races, no less. It's,,,all,,,coming,,,together,,,

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 09:36 AM
Mebbe Stevey is tryin to tricks me cause I not smart like him. :tony:

I forgot my commas. But no, you're not as smart as Steve Johnson, but who is?

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 11:10 AM
Sho nuff is quite 'round these parts! The suspense is killing me!

china may surprise,,,south africa told to me by cant say,,,possibility,,,chin up,,,heads high,,,new day,,,sunshine,,,new sponsors,,,steve working hard,,,hasn't slept,,,called last night to pass good news,,,things are looking great,,,you'll see,,,this just in,,,tasmania festival,,,,little bird just told me baltic swing,,,latvia,,lithuania and estonia,,,negavtive doodooheads will eat their words,,,,

peace in baltic racing,,,,

Spicoli
10-10-07, 12:21 PM

china may surprise,,,south africa told to me by cant say,,,possibility,,,chin up,,,heads high,,,new day,,,sunshine,,,new sponsors,,,steve working hard,,,hasn't slept,,,called last night to pass good news,,,things are looking great,,,you'll see,,,this just in,,,tasmania festival,,,,little bird just told me baltic swing,,,latvia,,lithuania and estonia,,,negavtive doodooheads will eat their words,,,,

I noticed over yonder that they kicked off a guy cause he didn;t renew his LBGP tix. Said he had too many questions surrounding the series.

yo. Stoopid.:shakehead

Spicoli
10-10-07, 04:07 PM
one hour to go. :gomer:

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 04:34 PM
one hour to go. :gomer:

last minute hurdle,,,stay tuned,,,things to work out,,,sponsorship,,,not a big deal,,,steve working hard to fix,,,wont be long,,,no sleep tonight,,,kittens,,,

Spicoli
10-10-07, 05:18 PM
Buzzzzzzz.....

Oh well, broken promise # 3,591 from your pal Steve Johnson!!!:shakehead

cameraman
10-10-07, 05:47 PM
Color me not surprised.

Personally I would expect them to announce a schedule during the Surfer's weekend but I am not holding my breath.

opinionated ow
10-10-07, 08:39 PM
Color me not surprised.

Personally I would expect them to announce a schedule during the Surfer's weekend but I am not holding my breath.

why? it will only get covered in v8 supercrap anyway

nrc
10-10-07, 09:44 PM
There have been a couple of stories about negotiations to renew the Aussie date. Could be a sticking point on the schedule release.

dando
10-10-07, 10:24 PM
Well, @ least my socks are safe. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Spicoli
10-10-07, 11:42 PM
There have been a couple of stories about negotiations to renew the Aussie date. Could be a sticking point on the schedule release.

do I have to break out the "apologistic" word again? :eek:

See, herein lies the prollem with these tards. They overpromise and underdeliver. ALOT. Its sad, and its embarrassing.

Respect your fans, tell them when to expect something, then deliver. Pretty ****ing simple if you axe me.:shakehead

SJ = Loser.:thumdown:

greenie
10-11-07, 02:12 AM
I would have been floored if SJ lived up to his statement.

He's a proven fool, and needs to shut up not only for Champ Car's sake, but for the good of humankind.

Let's face facts, all of the critics of Champ Car are proven right after each of these type statements are yet again proven false. What the hell is going on with these imbeciles?

I give credit to KK and GF for making a major run at this, I'd love to see them clean house and get down to running a respectable race series, but the time's now.

PG - OUT
SJ - OUT

New idea: Quit lying to everyone immediately

New idea: The bootlickers aren't helping, throw them under the ****ing bus, yesterday

There's a lot invested in this series, and I think it's salvageable.

Longshot though.

Racing Truth
10-11-07, 10:35 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

devilmaster
10-11-07, 10:57 AM
They overpromise and underdeliver.

Agreed. Once again, i'm going to throw out a quote from Chicago Indoor Racing owner Tony Stewart (no, a different Tony):

'Never promise what you can't deliver, and always deliver what you promise.'

When I first heard it, I thought - what a great axiom to follow. Hey CCWS, you can use that too, ya know. :irked:

Gnam
10-27-07, 06:57 PM
The story so far:

Date_______Race________________(source)___
April 13, Las Vegas (?)
April 20, Long Beach, California ... (ALMS schedule)
April 27, Houston ..................... (ALMS schedule)
May 16, Laguna Seca ............... (ChampCar press release)
June 8, Portland (?)
June 22, Cleveland (?)
June 29, Mont Tremblant (?)
July 6, Toronto ........................ (Toronto GP employee (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1024263&postcount=94)) :p
July 20, Edmonton .................... (race website (http://www.grandprixedmonton.com/purchasetickets/))
Aug. 10, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin ... (ALMS Schedule)

No news from the Far East, the Middle East, or Europe (East,West,Old or New).

6! confirmed races without an official schedule.

I like how Champ Car keeps things spontaneous and casual.
Maybe they'll tell us where they're racing, maybe they won't.
Who are we to be all up in their businesss?
Why don't we just give them some space and stop stalking them online?
Things just aren't working. But we're great, really. It's not us, it's them. :gomer:

jonovision_man
10-27-07, 09:40 PM
With so few confirmed races, a merger for 2008 should be a piece of cake. :)

jono

greenie
10-27-07, 09:48 PM
It's a sorry state of affairs.

The only sign of life is on the Atlantics front - without Champ Car it would seem that there's no Atlantics so maybe there's a heartbeat?

SJ should be run out of town for his lies and general stupidity - PG, obviously as well. It is amazing that the incompetence at the top of the organization hasn't been fixed w/a swift ax. Which makes me wonder if the entire deal is so FUBAR that they aren't even going to bother.

Rogue Leader
10-28-07, 01:40 AM
It's a sorry state of affairs.

The only sign of life is on the Atlantics front - without Champ Car it would seem that there's no Atlantics so maybe there's a heartbeat?

And its surprising how healthy Atlantics is considering that I'm sure people are looking at WHERE they have to go should they master Atlantics... They aren't seeing much.

But then again 15-20 years ago there was a lot of talent in atlantics (and it was much cheaper) and a lot of seats to fill in the move up, now theres less talent, more kids with money, so you have the same size grids, but the true talent is all that gets past and into a race seat cause there aren't any!

stroker
10-28-07, 11:28 AM
And its surprising how healthy Atlantics is considering that I'm sure people are looking at WHERE they have to go should they master Atlantics... They aren't seeing much.

But then again 15-20 years ago there was a lot of talent in atlantics (and it was much cheaper) and a lot of seats to fill in the move up, now theres less talent, more kids with money, so you have the same size grids, but the true talent is all that gets past and into a race seat cause there aren't any!

Kinda makes me wonder why not make Atlantics into the new CC series (and probably have to put a turbo on 'em, natch... :rolleyes: ) and come up with a new feeder series that's half again as expensive. For all the screwing around we're doing philosophically we might as well--both "drivers" series, yadda, yadda, yadda...

pchall
10-28-07, 12:20 PM
pchall's (and my) favorite stuffed kid's toy said this today; Grain of salt, etc, etc.

When Murphy the Bear poops in the woods, he always comes back to report that his smells better than the Pope's.

ferrarigod
10-28-07, 03:05 PM
The announcement was quoted on 9-26-07, so tomorrow (10-10) is the day...

"We will have our calendar in two weeks, but you can see the smile in my face and in the people around me. When you see our calendar, you will see a world class one, but you have to wait two weeks" confirm the series president( Steve Johnson, CCWS).

ok, follow me on this one. 2 weeks from when steve stated that was like 10-10 at 5pm Gomer Time.

However, for us to realize it is a world class schedule, 'but you have to wait two weeks.' SOOOOOOOOOO. 10-24 was the actual date when WE realized it was world class.

has anyone looked since then? I bet steve wouldn't lie, it must be on the internets somewhere.

greenie
10-28-07, 06:05 PM
ok, follow me on this one. 2 weeks from when steve stated that was like 10-10 at 5pm Gomer Time.

However, for us to realize it is a world class schedule, 'but you have to wait two weeks.' SOOOOOOOOOO. 10-24 was the actual date when WE realized it was world class.

has anyone looked since then? I bet steve wouldn't lie, it must be on the internets somewhere.

Well done. :D

Insomniac
10-28-07, 07:21 PM

devilmaster
10-28-07, 08:13 PM
Following the example of the last few years.....

I know, hell, I guarantee that the complete, unabridged and finalized schedule for the 2008 Champcar season will be released sometime before 11:59 pm on December 31st 2008.

Anything before that is TBA. :\

now watch CC prove me wrong out of spite. ;)

extramundane
10-28-07, 09:11 PM
Who needs the rigidity of a schedule anyway? Isn't a freeform, spur of the moment feel exactly what this series needs right now? Y'know, to break up the cold, overly professional feel of the last couple years?

greenie
10-28-07, 09:39 PM
Who needs the rigidity of a schedule anyway? Isn't a freeform, spur of the moment feel exactly what this series needs right now? Y'know, to break up the cold, overly professional feel of the last couple years?

Cannonball Champ Car! :cool:

devilmaster
10-28-07, 09:44 PM
Cannonball Champ Car! :cool:

I don't wanna know where you got him! ;)

Spicoli
10-29-07, 09:49 PM
:yawn:

:shakehead

sad idn't it?

TKGAngel
10-30-07, 08:34 AM
I had an email from the Cleveland GP people this morning, promoting a kickoff party for the 08 race. They've listed the 08 race weekend as June 20-22. I guess that's another hole we can fill in on the schedule.

chop456
10-30-07, 08:58 AM
the complete, unabridged and finalized schedule for the 2008 Champcar season will be released sometime before 11:59 pm on December 31st 2008.

February 30th is what I've been hearing.