PDA

View Full Version : The Rumor Mill; Portland Gone, NHLanigan Gone?

Pages : 1 [2]

Insomniac
10-08-07, 01:00 PM
You could see the owners team going to the IRL before N/H/L? OK, now you're just being silly. ;)

Hehe, I just meant I could see PG and DP closing up shop before N/H/L went to the IRL. :)

extramundane
10-08-07, 04:26 PM
I don't agree with your Lanigan scenario. Presumably, they have signed contracts that would not allow him to just give the races to the IRL. It is also in his financial interest for those events to be successful. Trying to destroy what is left of CC won't really help his events. Sure, maybe Haas could get the Dallara parts supply deal (I'm surprised one of the super teams doesn't have it already). And what happens with Graham Rahal?

The way I see it, all bets are off in US Open Wheel at this point. Anything can and probably will happen (except, of course, for 1 unified successful series).

'Sides, Spikkly agreed with me, so that proves I'm right. :D

G.
10-11-07, 01:22 PM
Despite the mess that is CC, to me, it just seems like N/H/L is the last team to leave before FCR and PKV. (I could see Rocketsports gone before N/H/L). I guess I believe there will be a 2008 season. If there wasn't, then I could see N/H/L in the IRL.Close. It's RuSport that's leaving. Apparently.

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 01:24 PM
Close. It's RuSport that's leaving. Apparently.

When do the car count threads start?:)

Can't wait! You know, there is quite of bit of fun in following a dieing sport. :cool:

Insomniac
10-11-07, 01:50 PM
Close. It's RuSport that's leaving. Apparently.

I'm not surprised. Carl left and then another series owner bought the team, dropped one car and with talk that CDW is done it's obvious the only reason the it wasn't shut down last year (heh, before hitting submit, I realized this year isn't over) was JW and CDW.

Insomniac
10-11-07, 01:51 PM
When do the car count threads start?:)

Can't wait! You know, there is quite of bit of fun in following a dieing sport. :cool:

Why bother. If there is a 2008 season, there will be at least 16 cars one way or another. I'd hate to think what the count would be if there was no minimum car count requirement.

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 01:54 PM
Why bother. If there is a 2008 season, there will be at least 16 cars one way or another. I'd hate to think what the count would be if there was no minimum car count requirement.

The fun of is that the minimum keeps getting lowered and some tracks don't have minimums at all IRC. Party pooper.

Oh, and there's always car count threads. :wink:

Insomniac
10-11-07, 03:24 PM
The fun of is that the minimum keeps getting lowered and some tracks don't have minimums at all IRC. Party pooper.

Oh, and there's always car count threads. :wink:

I don't remember, but last season, were the threads us trying to figure out how it would hit 20. This year, it might be, what teams are coming back. Right now, the 22-24 really looks bad. But hey, it's like my raise. I expected the same old and I got more. I was happy instead of mad for once! I expect 16. If they somehow do less, I take back what I said before. I won't watch to the bitter end.

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 03:35 PM
I don't remember, but last season, were the threads us trying to figure out how it would hit 20. This year, it might be, what teams are coming back. Right now, the 22-24 really looks bad. But hey, it's like my raise. I expected the same old and I got more. I was happy instead of mad for once! I expect 16. If they somehow do less, I take back what I said before. I won't watch to the bitter end.

Yeah, I would hope (and expect) they can pull together 16.

NismoZ
10-13-07, 10:34 PM
KK has just said that even if RuSport leaves (which sounds likely) "I'm not worried about car count at all next year." Translation?:confused:

greenie
10-13-07, 10:58 PM
KK has just said that even if RuSport leaves (which sounds likely) "I'm not worried about car count at all next year." Translation?:confused:

It's funny, there are many ways to interpret that statement, many dire. :D

I think that it's a sign that they've come up w/a solution to fill the field next year. Maybe new teams, maybe some creative franchising deal, who knows? But it sure seems to me that there will be a Champ Car season next year. That leaves the most dire interpretations unlikely IMO.

:fingers crossed: :gomer:

cameraman
10-14-07, 12:23 AM
KK has just said that even if RuSport leaves (which sounds likely) "I'm not worried about car count at all next year."

Okay, I'll bite. Said where?:irked:

Rogue Leader
10-14-07, 02:57 AM

"because our new contracts specify as long as the hauler and two seater show up we are good!"

Gnam
10-14-07, 03:30 AM

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8130/alfredeneumanxr2.jpg

as always, Hear what you want:
[bif] Hooray! There is no next year...sTrEEt RaCE losErz! Ha Ha! [/bif filter]

Hooray! They'll be turning teams away 'cause pit lane is only so long.

[chilly willy] Hooray! Uncle Kev will be able to spend more time with us instead of worrying about his atmosphere polluting, ice melting, dumb ole racecars.[/killer whale snacks]

I hope he's not worried 'cause they've got it handled, but I expect he said he wasn't worried because it's good PR.