cameraman
10-01-07, 07:19 PM
Dude...

Surfer's Oct 21
Mexico Nov 11

RTKar
10-01-07, 07:23 PM
I haven't heard about any races in awhile. Who won? :shakehead

Not any fans that remain glued to this series with bated breath & intense anticipation.

nrc
10-01-07, 07:27 PM
I'm just thankful it's not going to dribble on over into December.

jonovision_man
10-01-07, 07:34 PM
Dude...

Surfer's Oct 21
Mexico Nov 11

Just three more weeks! :D

jono

Wabbit
10-02-07, 10:49 AM
One of you missed the sarcasm.

Methanolandbrats
10-02-07, 11:56 AM
I haven't heard about any races in awhile. Who won? :shakehead Be patient, six weeks between races gives the teams time to prepare. Can't you feel the excitement? And it's not easy to find 17 Mexicans to race in the season finale.......Champcar is working on it :thumbup:

DagoFast
10-02-07, 01:36 PM
Be patient, six weeks between races gives the teams time to prepare. Can't you feel the excitement? And it's not easy to find 17 Mexicans to race in the season finale.......Champcar is working on it :thumbup:

Thats because Tijuana taxi drivers are used to being paid year round. Same deal with the bus drivers.

Steve Johnson might have to try a monastery, maybe 15 monks will drive for Jeebus.

RHR_Fan
10-02-07, 05:57 PM

I thought the same thing. It is always bad when a race is cancelled, but part of me was happy that I wouldn't have to wait longer in between for races.

~Nicole

RichK
10-02-07, 07:02 PM
But we've got Cirque! But we've got Cirque! We don't need those grumpy ex-CART fans!

Insomniac
10-02-07, 07:33 PM
I quit paying attention after Europe. I get all my information about ChampCar here. I'll probably remember to record the 2 remaining races and watch them on Monday. The gaps are ridiculous and I think this is the most apathetic I've ever been when it comes to ChampCar.

cart7
10-02-07, 08:12 PM
Racing? This series gets far more press from all the cancelled venues this year than they have from the racing..

Portland anyone? :gomer:

jonovision_man
10-02-07, 08:27 PM
I quit paying attention after Europe. I get all my information about ChampCar here. I'll probably remember to record the 2 remaining races and watch them on Monday. The gaps are ridiculous and I think this is the most apathetic I've ever been when it comes to ChampCar.

The on-track action has been really decent this season. The grid is really entertaining, I've really enjoyed Doornbos especially, Bourdais will be missed by me but I've enjoyed watching his final CC season, there's a lot of guys who can win on any given weekend and that's exciting and good. :thumbup: The car's been a success, too bad there's only 17 of them.

For that reason I've been making a point of catching the races.

It's really too bad about all the other ********. Small grid, disappearing races, series struggling... sponsors don't care, nobody watching on TV, it's just so much D&G and rightfully so. Hard to imagine this lasting much longer.

jono

cart7
10-03-07, 06:33 AM

c'mon. Santa driving the pacecar?

Priceless... :cool:

opinionated ow
10-03-07, 07:40 AM

I quit paying attention before Europe (and there is a race within 1000km of me in 3 weeks). I get all my information about ChampCar here. I'll probably forget to record the 2 remaining races and watch them at all. The gaps are ridiculous and I think this is the most apathetic I've ever been when it comes to ChampCar.

Insomniac
10-03-07, 09:44 AM
The on-track action has been really decent this season. The grid is really entertaining, I've really enjoyed Doornbos especially, Bourdais will be missed by me but I've enjoyed watching his final CC season, there's a lot of guys who can win on any given weekend and that's exciting and good. :thumbup: The car's been a success, too bad there's only 17 of them.

For that reason I've been making a point of catching the races.

It's really too bad about all the other ********. Small grid, disappearing races, series struggling... sponsors don't care, nobody watching on TV, it's just so much D&G and rightfully so. Hard to imagine this lasting much longer.

jono

I agree the racing has been good. I record all the races. I said before ChampCar has turned into a DVR sport. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't watch the calendar/clock to be sure to tune in. It's more about sticking with something I grew up loving. I'll go down with the ship and look back and wonder why I stuck with it to the end (like the Sopranos).

TrueBrit
10-03-07, 12:48 PM
I quit paying attention before Europe (and there is a race within 1000km of me in 3 weeks). I get all my information about ChampCar here. I'll probably forget to record the 2 remaining races and watch them at all. The gaps are ridiculous and I think this is the most apathetic I've ever been when it comes to ChampCar.

Me too...I went to RA and to be honest was more interested in the ALMS race than the CC "follow-the-McDonald's-Car" parade...

G.
10-03-07, 01:13 PM
Me too...I went to RA and to be honest was more interested in the ALMS race than the CC "follow-the-McDonald's-Car" parade...TB, not to bust on you, and I can't question your interest, but do you care to share with the class how much of the CC RACE you saw at RA??

This is the WORST offseason I've been through, and it hasn't even started yet.

Yep, worse than Chapter 11 (13?).

TrueBrit
10-03-07, 01:30 PM
TB, not to bust on you, and I can't question your interest, but do you care to share with the class how much of the CC RACE you saw at RA??

This is the WORST offseason I've been through, and it hasn't even started yet.

Yep, worse than Chapter 11 (13?).

The Race? None of it. I made it home in time to watch the parade on the telly.

Fio1
10-03-07, 02:13 PM
Kind of a big gap between races, isn't it? :shakehead What CCWS want to do, make sure they were the last major series to hold a race this season? :p

formulaben
10-04-07, 01:10 AM
Be patient, six weeks between races gives the teams time to prepare. Can't you feel the excitement? And it's not easy to find 17 Mexicans to race in the season finale.......Champcar is working on it :thumbup:

Sad but true. :irked:

ferrarigod
10-04-07, 01:30 AM

i just got a message from youtube, they noticed you aren't watching champ car vids anymore and they are very concerned.

stop being so a pathetic.

opinionated ow
10-04-07, 02:20 AM
i just got a message from youtube, they noticed you aren't watching champ car vids anymore and they are very concerned.

stop being so a pathetic.

a tip for you. stop being a total and utter pain in the ass...

Spicoli
10-04-07, 02:21 AM
a tip for you. stop being a total and utter pain in the ass...

a tip for you. stop being a total and utter pain in the ass...:thumbup:

opinionated ow
10-04-07, 02:47 AM
a tip for you. stop being a total and utter pain in the ass...:thumbup:

i have not done one offensive or rude thing on this forum. don't know what your problem is?