PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the road to Indy.....

devilmaster
09-28-07, 09:13 AM
well, maybe not. But i'm going to enjoy the trip ;)

Thanks to a local detroit sports forum and its chief bottle-washer, in a couple weeks I'm getting a chance to strap in to a FWD 4-beater and do some racing in the dirt on 1/5 mile track in a rookies race. What the hell, its not WoO, but I look at it as a chance to do something i've never done before.

I would be remiss if I didn't also thank you guys and OC. The main reason I got this chance is that what I've learned by reading all the posts here, translated into some great conversations between me and him over at the other forum.

So I know a few of you have done the dirt, so any tips and tricks? ;)

Sean Malone
09-28-07, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a blast! Wear a helmet, hell, wear two!! And have someone take pictures!:thumbup:

Andrew Longman
09-28-07, 10:12 AM

Turn the wheel to the left. :gomer:

emjaya
09-28-07, 10:22 AM
Rubbin is racing.And if you hit 'em hard enough, they go away. :gomer:

Have fun. :)

Methanolandbrats
09-28-07, 10:27 AM
FWD beater on dirt? All you need to know is foot to floor and steer. :D Hell, it's kinda like an IRL car except you can get sideways and not end up 20 feet in the air.

cart7
09-29-07, 09:06 AM
Juan
JV
Dario

and now

Steve?

The migration continues.. :tony:

opinionated ow
09-29-07, 09:43 AM
enjoy yourself. one day when i have money i have decided to buy myself a midget, and i want that day to come sooo fast lol:rofl:

devilmaster
10-06-07, 08:49 PM
tomorrow is the day. :) so no F1 race for me tonite. :irked:

the mini-stocks are the only ones at the track, so it looks like alot of track time, hopefully.

Since its the canuckle long weekend, I'm draggin no one but myself, so I hope someone there takes shots....

trish
10-06-07, 08:52 PM
Travel safely, good luck, and have fun. :)

devilmaster
10-09-07, 08:29 PM
too :cool: had a blast. :thumbup:

I didn't do so hot in my heat, ended third after getting stuck behind the 94 car who started 2nd.

I'm drivin the 13, starting 3rd. (its the red car with the white trunklid.)

X4RA3JUgVE0

emjaya
10-10-07, 09:41 AM
:thumbup: :)

extramundane
10-10-07, 11:07 AM
The best part? You're now officially an expert on all forms of motorsport.

Except autocross, but few can truly grasp the intricacies therein.

opinionated ow
10-10-07, 11:17 AM
top stuff...our short track season is just kicking off. i won't make it out to the track for a few weeks yet, but I can't wait until I can. 50+ 410 sprints makes my mouth water (it will hit at least 70 several times this season, and over 100 are expected for the AUSTRALIAN Championship in February)

Methanolandbrats
10-10-07, 11:20 AM
I see some car control that reminds of Montoya's CART debut at Homestead :thumbup:

Indy
10-10-07, 06:17 PM
I am not sure, but I think you may be a gomer now. :gomer:

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 10:12 PM
Eh hmm, DM, if you're stuck behind someone, push the bitch out the way!:D

Fun stuff!

dando
10-10-07, 10:31 PM
:thumbup:

Steve, next time use the chrome horn (or @ least get close enough to the car in front to use it). :gomer:

:cool:

-Kevin

CRC Director
10-13-07, 08:04 AM
well, maybe not. But i'm going to enjoy the trip ;)

Thanks to a local detroit sports forum and its chief bottle-washer, in a couple weeks I'm getting a chance to strap in to a FWD 4-beater and do some racing in the dirt on 1/5 mile track in a rookies race. What the hell, its not WoO, but I look at it as a chance to do something i've never done before.

I would be remiss if I didn't also thank you guys and OC. The main reason I got this chance is that what I've learned by reading all the posts here, translated into some great conversations between me and him over at the other forum.

Chief bottle-washer reporting for duty !!

OW
10-13-07, 09:03 AM
Have fun man...... you deserve it :thumbup:

Next Up: Australia

7 days 14h : 25m : 44s