PDA

View Full Version : Stoner? Anyone?

G.
09-27-07, 11:52 PM
The little snot-nosed kid takes the MotoGP championship. I can't imagine him out with his girlfriend (hot!). "Hi, Miss. Is this your little brother?"

Comments on the season? I didn't watch as many races as last year, but there were some good ones! Few more left, but Stoner pwns.

DagoFast
09-28-07, 12:23 AM
The hot little girlfriend is now his missus. After laying waste to everyone for much of the year, the last 2 races have been a bit ho-hum by his lofty standards. A 3rd and a 6th. Estoril was one of the best races of the season.

The racing in WSBK has been better this season, but MotoGP is still pretty damn good when the tires mfgs are close.

Next year will be much better. Stoner will have Marco Melandri for a teammate, Rossi will have Jorge Lorenzo.

emjaya
09-28-07, 09:24 AM
Stoner. :thumbup:

Props to his Mum and Dad, too.

opinionated ow
09-28-07, 10:00 AM
Stoner. :thumbup:

Props to his Mum and Dad, too.

yes. they have brought up an exceptionally likeable kid. polite, smart, talented-everything you need to be a world champion in motorsport. and ironically, the total opposite of many world champions of years ago....these days its the cricketers that are the womanisers, not the racers!

RichK
09-28-07, 11:50 AM
He did a great job & I like him, but this year feels a little like when Vasser won the CART championship with the right package at the right time (Honda/Firestone/Reynard).

Stoner had the Ducati/Bridgestones this year, and from the last two races where Michelin pulled their head out, you can see that he didn't dominate.

Racing is about man AND machine, but it wasn't as fun watching Rossi get spanked due to inferior tires.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2007/mgp/motegi/y/9.jpg

stroker
09-28-07, 02:20 PM
no pics of the wife?

RichK
09-28-07, 02:35 PM
for you smart-alecks, she's the one on your right. mom's in the middle.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2007/mgp/motegi/2/3s.jpg