PDA

View Full Version : Alonso to Ferrari

Andrew Longman
09-25-07, 04:19 PM
So says this:http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/24/breaking-alonso-to-ferrari-for-40-mil/

Another fight over who's #1? :rolleyes:

Massa to Toyota? what a waste.

Methanolandbrats
09-25-07, 04:47 PM
Makes sense, Fred already knows how the Ferrari is built.

Dr. Corkski
09-25-07, 05:43 PM
Makes sense, Fred already knows how the Ferrari is built.:laugh:

stroker
09-25-07, 05:50 PM
good riddance, bitch.

jonovision_man
09-25-07, 06:11 PM
Just a rumour, nothing to see here... never say never I guess, but unlikely.

jono

TrueBrit
09-26-07, 09:56 AM
Makes sense, Fred already knows how the Ferrari is built.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sean Malone
09-26-07, 10:08 AM
Well, he's not going to be at McLaren next year, that's a given. So, back to Renault? Red Bull? Ferrari is as good a guess as any other I s'pose.

opinionated ow
09-26-07, 10:36 AM
back to renault i hope. my fav team and driver reunited! why doesn't renault just swap mclaren piquet jr for alonso?

NismoZ
09-26-07, 11:57 AM
Latest I heard has Massa saying no to all that. He says he has an '08 contract with Ferrari and is already working on extending it to '09. "The story of me going to Toyota next year does not exist."

jonovision_man
09-26-07, 02:00 PM
Well, he's not going to be at McLaren next year, that's a given.

I wouldn't say that just yet...

jono

Sean Malone
09-26-07, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't say that just yet...

jono

So Ron Dennis is leaving?

Insomniac
09-26-07, 02:14 PM

How long is Alonso's contract? I'd expect it to be bullet-proof. Alonso won't leave for a bad team. I'd expect him to make McLaren pay him if he can't get a top drive elsewhere. Whether McLaren lets him drive their car while paying him is a whole other story.

Sean Malone
09-26-07, 02:32 PM
How long is Alonso's contract? I'd expect it to be bullet-proof. Alonso won't leave for a bad team. I'd expect him to make McLaren pay him if he can't get a top drive elsewhere. Whether McLaren lets him drive their car while paying him is a whole other story.

Exaclty.

eiregosod
09-26-07, 02:57 PM
Montoya, Kimi & Alonso.

Ron Dennis has a hard time keeping his best drivers.

Methanolandbrats
09-26-07, 03:14 PM
Montoya, Kimi & Alonso.

Ron Dennis has a hard time keeping his best drivers.

Monty sucked, Kimi was tired of driving grenades and Fred is an *******.........I'm not sure these things are Ron's fault.

Spicoli
09-26-07, 03:29 PM
Exaclty.

ron would prolly pay good money to watch him sit on the sidelines.

Might teach him a lesson.*

*him = Fred.

indyfan31
09-26-07, 04:29 PM
Monty sucked, Kimi was tired of driving grenades and Fred is an *******.........I'm not sure these things are Ron's fault.

Wasn't JP driving the same hand grenade as Kimi?

gjc2
09-26-07, 06:13 PM
Monty sucked

I think Montoya has an attitude problem, and if not for that would be a top tier F1 pilot. It's really a shame and a waste of talent.

George

formulaben
09-26-07, 06:51 PM
Wasn't JP driving the same hand grenade as Kimi?

Yes. The difference is that Kimi was in position to win a Championship. He got screwed.

jonovision_man
09-26-07, 07:08 PM

No. They're going to have a sauna together and fall back in love. :D

Whatever they're doing, whoever they are or aren't talking to, it's still working when the car hits the track. Alonso could well be champion again this year (I'd say he's the favourite now that Hamilton is looking a bit lost), and if not talking to Ron Dennis is the key to that success, then who cares if he talks to Ron Dennis? It won't be the first uncomfortable team situation in F1, won't be the last.

I don't think he'll be going.

Sidebar - it's ridiculous how infantile these race teams are as organizations go...

jono

JohnHKart
09-26-07, 07:39 PM
I think Montoya has an attitude problem, and if not for that would be a top tier F1 pilot. It's really a shame and a waste of talent.

George

True. At the end of 2005 Montoya was beating Raikkonen.

John

NismoZ
09-26-07, 07:51 PM
I believe for awhile Montoya and Schumacher both in Ferraris would have been the only real "race" in F-1.

Methanolandbrats
09-26-07, 07:56 PM
>>>Originally Posted by gjc2
I think Montoya has an attitude problem, and if not for that would be a top tier F1 pilot. It's really a shame and a waste of talent. >>>

Yes, million dollar reflexes controlled by a 10 cent brain.

Sean Malone
09-26-07, 10:47 PM
No. They're going to have a sauna together and fall back in love. :D

Whatever they're doing, whoever they are or aren't talking to, it's still working when the car hits the track. Alonso could well be champion again this year (I'd say he's the favourite now that Hamilton is looking a bit lost), and if not talking to Ron Dennis is the key to that success, then who cares if he talks to Ron Dennis? It won't be the first uncomfortable team situation in F1, won't be the last.

I don't think he'll be going.

Sidebar - it's ridiculous how infantile these race teams are as organizations go...

jono

Bookmarked. Fred won't be at McLaren next year. ;)

Methanolandbrats
09-26-07, 11:18 PM
I'm praying Fred and Jesus take each other out and Kimi is WDC :thumbup:

Sean Malone
09-27-07, 08:19 AM
I'm praying Fred and Jesus take each other out and Kimi is WDC :thumbup:

Me too!:thumbup:

Indy
09-27-07, 08:59 AM
I think Montoya could have been champion. McLaren's corporate culture seemed to be a complete mismatch with his personality. I never was a big fan of his, and I have a lot of respect for McLaren and what they represent, but I still think he had the mind and skills to be a champion, but that he suffered from a bad driver-team pairing. It is unfortunate that Buttmacher was too big an egocentric prick to allow real competition within Ferrari, because Montoya could have thrived there.

I wonder where Kimi would shine, if anywhere. He just doesn't seem to care.

I think Ron should have pulled Alonso and made him sit out the remainder of this and next season.

Insomniac
09-27-07, 09:19 AM
Me too!:thumbup:

I know I'm waiting for the inevitable coming together.

NismoZ
09-27-07, 10:51 AM
Yep, the pinochle of motorsports.

jonovision_man
09-27-07, 11:02 AM

I won't speak quite as confidentally as you here... :) I don't think he'll be going, I'll be surprised if he goes, but given the situation with Dennis I can't say it's not possible.

jono

Sean Malone
09-27-07, 11:14 AM
I won't speak quite as confidentally as you here... :) I don't think he'll be going, I'll be surprised if he goes, but given the situation with Dennis I can't say it's not possible.

jono

Spicoli gave me his crystal ball. :)

dando
09-27-07, 12:30 PM
I think Montoya has an attitude problem, and if not for that would be a top tier F1 pilot. It's really a shame and a waste of talent. >>>

Hence why he truly belongs in Cabs with Jesus V. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
09-27-07, 12:30 PM

Can you check on whether Danicle is preggers yet? :gomer:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
09-27-07, 03:40 PM
if fred comes to Maranello, i'm gonna have some serious issues.

indyfan31
09-27-07, 03:56 PM

:thumbup: ... nailed it!

jonovision_man
09-27-07, 06:24 PM

LOL... he hasn't had that thing serviced in years, I'd be careful with it! :D

jono

jonovision_man
09-27-07, 06:26 PM
Well now:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7016137.stm

Alonso vows to stay with McLaren

But the Spaniard, who is in the first year of a three-year contract, said: "For next year I have a contract with this team and I don't see any problem.

"I have won four races and I'm fighting for the championship so everything is going quite well and I'm happy."

jono

cameraman
09-27-07, 07:00 PM
Everybody else must have turned him down:rolleyes:

jonovision_man
09-27-07, 08:04 PM
Yeah right. Nobody wanted the reigning WDC who is poised to do it again.

He has a contract and fast car.

jono

Spicoli
09-27-07, 09:55 PM
LOL... he hasn't had that thing serviced in years, I'd be careful with it! :D

jono

Would you like to see my ball?

Methanolandbrats
09-27-07, 10:30 PM
Would you like to see my ball? You've only got one :confused:

jonovision_man
09-27-07, 10:44 PM
Would you like to see my ball?

I see... Alonso.... back at McLaren... :D

http://scienceblogs.com/intersection/upload/2007/06/crystal%20ball.jpg

jono

ferrarigod
09-28-07, 12:14 AM
I see... Alonso.... back at McLaren... :D

http://scienceblogs.com/intersection/upload/2007/06/crystal%20ball.jpg

jono

you're guilty of being a jerk.

:tony:

EDwardo
09-29-07, 06:35 AM
"I have a contract with this team for next year and I don't see any problem," Alonso said

Ron Dennis and Fernando Alonso have not spoken since the Hungarian Grand Prix the team boss revealed at a FIA hearing. That is only 7 weeks and 3 races.
Over blown I say!
And it has only been 2 weeks since Hamilton, who will try and catch up with team-mate Fernando Alonso to talk about the Spaniard's actions at the Belgian Grand Prix two weeks ago, and Fred have spoken.

Perfect harmony.

Methanolandbrats
09-29-07, 07:37 AM
<<<<Quote:
"I have a contract with this team for next year and I don't see any problem," Alonso said >>>>

Nobody should question Fred's networking skills ;)

Winston Wolfe
09-29-07, 12:32 PM
:thumbup: ... nailed it!

same has been said about Robby Gordon more than a few times on this board as well. Monty showed some serious game when he took over at TCGR when Zanardi left for F1 - his debut at LBGP was nothing less than awesome. He never could become the F1 "drone" that dribbers are supposed to evolve into.

mueber
09-29-07, 03:32 PM

Perhaps no one else wants him, or he's just plain stuck with McLaren, and McLaren is stuck with him.