PDA

View Full Version : Deadman Pummeling: Tony George getting brains kicked in by a GHOST!

Chief
09-25-07, 10:36 AM
Big Bill kicks INDY/IMS/IRL where the sun don't shine (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/orl-hinton2107sep21,0,5320190.column)

Brian France does not own the hallowed Indy track, nor does he need to. It lies prostrate at his feet, beholden to him. Without Indy's NASCAR race, the Allstate 400, speedway chieftain Tony George could ill afford to keep pouring money down the hole of his folly, the Indy Racing League.
OUCH! Geez.....throw in the towel....I don't believe the IRL can get up off the canvas after this bloody pummeling.:eek: :laugh: :thumbup:

eiregosod
09-25-07, 10:51 AM
why shoud anyone bother to listen to what is printed in the Orlando sentinel?

it's just sloth florida show boating, chest thumping, etc etc...

:tony:

Andrew Longman
09-25-07, 10:52 AM
Time was when there was no greater achievement for a driver, anywhere, than winning the Indianapolis 500. Now, it might get you a NASCAR ride, with zero guarantee of success there.

Ouch.

It is a Florida columnist though. And NASCAR still sucks every way except commercially. :irked:

Sean Malone
09-25-07, 11:02 AM
NASCAR is so successful I wonder why they or any media covering them even bothers mentioning other racing. I know Bill France wanted world domination of his "sport" (seriously, he was quoted as saying that his ultimate goal was for NASCAR to be the biggest sport in the world), but for the media to continue this tired "comparison" shows that they may be deflecting. Possibly unwilling to compare against the NFL who NASCAR is desperately trying to compete with and even emulate in some ways.

Chief
09-25-07, 11:40 AM
NASCAR is so successful I wonder why they or any media covering them even bothers mentioning other racing.
I look at it this way.....they can't just call out Tony George for being an idiot. So, they use what's given to them.....INDY 500 cars and stars, the Brickyard 400, and the truth.

Tony George is the world's greatest auto racing masochist. In fact, masochism defines the entire IMS/IRL/INDY clan and it's fans: the tendency to find pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.

Spicoli
09-25-07, 12:05 PM
Remember when TG said IRL was going to be bigger than F1 AND NasTards???:shakehead

If I were Bill, or any of his tribe, I would kick the living **** out of that *******. :flame:

TG can;t even hit the winner's circle in his own league. Yeah, the league HE OWNS. :laugh:

mueber
09-25-07, 12:07 PM
Nevermind