PDA

View Full Version : Another Brit In ChampCar?

NismoZ
09-21-07, 01:20 PM
Conquest Racing will give a test at Sebring to James Winslow (Australian F-3 and Asian V-6 Series) Looking for better drivers or just chasing $$? I think one of the two rumored additional Euro rounds MUST be in England.

Andrew Longman
09-21-07, 01:23 PM
I think one of the two rumored additional Euro rounds MUST be in England.

Brands Hatch? The full curcuit? :thumbup:

NismoZ
09-21-07, 01:46 PM
My thought exactly, but I hear Ol' Donnington has been getting a big face lift and could be a factor. I've even heard of a possible street festival in Birmingham! Maybe if BE cans Silverstone someday and horny British fans (and teams) jump in on a CC Euro expansion...? TB? Check back in 14 months.:)

TrueBrit
09-21-07, 02:01 PM

That would be awesome....but economically questionable for me to go...especially if the dollar continues to plummet...It kind of smarts when you have to pay double for everything over there...

Sean Malone
09-21-07, 02:01 PM
Conquest Racing will give a test at Sebring to James Winslow (Australian F-3 and Asian V-6 Series) Looking for better drivers or just chasing $$? I think one of the two rumored additional Euro rounds MUST be in England.

As long as it's in the 'contract'.

Spicoli
09-21-07, 02:02 PM

I remember reading that 4 were in the works for Yurp. Of course they are talking to 438 cities interested, but only 4 will win the right to have CC stage a race there.

NismoZ
09-21-07, 04:58 PM
Yeppie. Deutchland wants one for Nico Hulkenburg, Robbie Kerr would be a great fit for Jolly Old and Estoril is still being mentioned. (By The League, even!) Don't know any Greek drivers but I wouldn't be against an airport race along the Adriatic. If they were successful I wouldn't be opposed to 4 rounds in Europe, a couple or 3 in AussiAsia, 2-3 in Canadaland and 6-8 in the US. Which 6? Go ahead name 6 you couldn't live without. Most of you will only go to 1-3 anyway. True, Mexico is shaping up like a disaster (Watch Dominguez get "The Call.:D ") and many here decry the lack of a schedule with an identity but that's no reason to stop looking for one. Is it?:confused: We joke about "Visions 1-33" but CC has to change theirs also when things don't pan out. I think. Good luck...and all that. I believe it's fairly clear ChampCar is going global and if the whole thing survives it just may be a series where only a third to half the events run in the US/Americas.

Gnam
09-21-07, 06:37 PM
...especially if the dollar continues to plummet...you have to pay double for everything over there...
I can just picture Steve-O Johnson sitting at home on the phone talking to whoever he talks to.

"No, see. $1 dollar there is like $2 here. There's GOLD! in them thar Yuropeans." :gomer:

NismoZ
09-21-07, 08:04 PM
It's the only reason they'd do it. Won't know 'til ya try.

opinionated ow
09-21-07, 08:39 PM

I have had the privilege to observe James Winslow at close quarters for most of his 2007 Australian F3 run. Calm, calculated and consistent all come to mind. Quite a nice bloke too. Would make a good CC driver if there is a series for him to come to next year.

ferrarigod
09-24-07, 03:30 PM
That would be awesome....but economically questionable for me to go...especially if the dollar continues to plummet...It kind of smarts when you have to pay double for everything over there...

ummm what? that just means champ car can ask for a good amount of money USD and UK can pay half as much. Who's exactly paying double? The fans? Like anyone will book a trip to the UK or anywhere overseas when ChampCar cancels events like a bodily function.

ferrarigod
09-24-07, 03:31 PM
I have had the privilege to observe James Winslow at close quarters for most of his 2007 Australian F3 run. Calm, calculated and consistent all come to mind. Quite a nice bloke too. Would make a good CC driver if there is a series for him to come to next year.

Got any youtube videos of him? I hear thats where you do your best scouting of American Midget/Sprint racing.

TrueBrit
09-24-07, 03:51 PM
ummm what? that just means champ car can ask for a good amount of money USD and UK can pay half as much. Who's exactly paying double? The fans? Like anyone will book a trip to the UK or anywhere overseas when ChampCar cancels events like a bodily function.

Ummm, the last time they raced at Brands I went....

opinionated ow
09-25-07, 12:57 AM
Got any youtube videos of him? I hear thats where you do your best scouting of American Midget/Sprint racing.

a) i don't use youtube to keep up to date with spridget racing
b) i attend 75% of f3 series rounds, several test days and have seen him at all i have attended this year. formula 3 is my first love, and i am well known within the f3 community. winslow wouldn't know me from a bar of soap, but most of his team does.

emjaya
09-25-07, 08:53 AM
winslow wouldn't know me from a bar of soap, but most of his team does.

If he's a brit, he wouldn't know a bar of soap either. :rofl:

RHR_Fan
09-25-07, 09:31 AM
If he's a brit, he wouldn't know a bar of soap either. :rofl:

Oh snap!

Methanolandbrats
09-25-07, 10:40 AM
If he's a brit, he wouldn't know a bar of soap either. :rofl: Actually it's the French who enjoy the pungent scent of soapless, hairy women. The British are unfamiliar with toothbrushes.

NismoZ
09-25-07, 12:28 PM
13th and last on day one at Sebring at :55+. Let's see how much he can improve on day 2.