PDA

View Full Version : PCM drop Dalziel for Stooopid Mario

G.
09-20-07, 05:44 PM
confirmed.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/40426/

In a surprising move, Pacific Coast Motorsports announced today that it has dropped longtime driver Ryan Dalziel in favor of Mexican Mario Dominguez for the final two rounds of the 2007 Champ Car World Series, in Australia and Mexico City.

Dalziel’s involvement with the team dated back to PCM’s sports car racing days, and he was a rival and friend of teammate Alex Figge, son of PCM owner Tom Figge, from back when the duo raced in Atlantics.

KLang
09-20-07, 05:53 PM
:thumdown:

I'm guessing they are doing this as a favor to Champ Car to try to generate more interest in the Mexico City race.

Hopefully Ryan will get his seat back in '08.

spinner26
09-20-07, 06:12 PM
more proof cc is fugged.:shakehead

cameraman
09-20-07, 06:13 PM
Tagliani dodged the bullet:rolleyes: :shakehead

DagoFast
09-20-07, 06:13 PM
:thumdown:

I'm guessing they are doing this as a favor to Champ Car to try to generate more interest in the Mexico City race.

Hopefully Ryan will get his seat back in '08.

Hopefully he'll find a far better ride in a better series and stick them with stoopit Mario.

opinionated ow
09-20-07, 07:05 PM
what total and utter bs.

TKGAngel
09-20-07, 07:07 PM
Talk about ass-backwards. Dalziel was actually doing well for the team this year.

Funny thing: google "Ryan Dalziel." First link that comes up is to Ryandalziel.com. Click on that, and you're taken to Mario Dominguez's listing on the PCM homepage. The team totally erased Dalziel's existence!

Indy
09-20-07, 07:31 PM
This sucks. :irked:

cyclepath
09-20-07, 08:08 PM
Tagliani dodged the bullet:rolleyes: :shakehead

Not yet! I'll be surprised if a ride buyer doesn't replace him. PG is looking for $$ and no one is safe!!

shaggy_socal
09-20-07, 08:31 PM
SHENANIGANS!!!

doppelganger
09-20-07, 09:17 PM

I agree. :shakehead

Sean Malone
09-20-07, 09:49 PM
The down side; amateur hour continues. The upside; the race is still on...so far.

Spicoli
09-20-07, 10:08 PM
And PCM gets NO assistance.......:shakehead

Where the F you think this directive came from?:thumdown:

meadors
09-20-07, 10:24 PM
Talk about ass-backwards. Dalziel was actually doing well for the team this year.

Funny thing: google "Ryan Dalziel." First link that comes up is to Ryandalziel.com. Click on that, and you're taken to Mario Dominguez's listing on the PCM homepage. The team totally erased Dalziel's existence!

Apparently Ryan has caught that little problem and put up a temporary fix.
at http://www.ryandalziel.com/

RHR_Fan
09-20-07, 10:57 PM

No ****. :thumdown: :shakehead :yuck:

RusH
09-20-07, 11:39 PM
Is Mexico selling tickets yet? If not, this may be the result of some effort to save it. :shakehead

Hesketh
09-21-07, 05:11 AM
It's an effort to fulfill the contract, which calls for 2 Mexican drivers.

Sean Malone
09-21-07, 08:11 AM
It's an effort to fulfill the contract, which calls for 2 Mexican drivers.

So run more cars.

extramundane
09-21-07, 08:47 AM
So run more cars.

That would require Kalkhoven & Forsythe to actually care, which I'm not sure they do, PT's editorial not withstanding.

Spicoli
09-21-07, 09:03 AM
So run more cars.

there are no more cars

:laugh:

humor aside, i completely agree. these fuqwads should have seen this coming and addressed it back in oh, say JANUARY????

It's good guys like Serbia who get the shaft over all this internal screwups, I mean how the hell do you think he feels? S stupid contract stipulation forces him AND Ryan D out of a ride. Just so we have the PC/contractual amount of Mexibillies in cars? Do you think the average Jose gives a crap about these token dribers? I'd be insulted. And believe me, I know insults!

robot9000
09-21-07, 10:38 AM
Um, So why didn't they kick Legg outta the Coyne holding pen? I like Legg, but she is light years behind even Ryan, who was struggeling.

I'm not suprised that they got rid of Ryan, I mean, they aren't going to fire the owners son. But aren't there other dead branches that can be pruned?

spinner26
09-21-07, 10:45 AM
And believe me, I know insults!

Cam says you got no game.:saywhat: :laugh: :rofl:

extramundane
09-21-07, 11:04 AM
Dalziel (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/40435/):

"I was in the shop on Tuesday night talking about some changes for the test next week, I flew the redeye home to Florida and Wednesday night about 11 p.m. I got a call from
Tyler (Tadevic, PCM team manager) and he told me I was through," related Dalziel on Thursday night.

"All I can figure is that Mario found a big sponsor or Champ Car needed two Mexican drivers for their contract so PCM whored me out for money."
[...]
"To end a three-year relationship like this is what is so disappointing," said Dalziel, who teamed with Figge in Grand Am before they moved to Champ Car. "We were talking about next year a couple days ago and now I'm done? I'm totally confused.

"I don't know whether to blame PCM or Champ Car but I can't take too many more of these things from Champ Car. This has really been a bad day."

'Course, Robin Miller wrote the article, so the quotes are probably fabricated. :gomer:

Spicoli
09-21-07, 11:11 AM
Cam says you got no game

Cam is a pointy chinned chop blocking AusTard ego-driven forum owner. :rofl:

He's just pixzled at MacLaaaaren getting caught.:gomer: Plus i kinda fired myself I spose.

Still here. :thumbup:

Sean Malone
09-21-07, 11:13 AM
Dalziel (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/40435/):

'Course, Robin Miller wrote the article, so the quotes are probably fabricated. :gomer:

Damn, I feel for the guy.

Champ Car should make Atlantics like the minors in baseball. "we're sending you down for a race son. chin up, look at it as more tracktime".

From the larger perspective, how amateur is it that the Mexican race contract dictates two Mexican drivers.

Maybe that's why China keeps falling through? :)

Easy
09-21-07, 11:14 AM
I honestly hope Ryan catches on with a nicely paid IRL ride and has a great career there and makes tons of money. If Champ Car is going to treat talented pros like this they do not deserve them.

I think this seals my interest level in the 2007 season. Attended RA, and watched one race on Tivo which I fast forwarded through much of. I may peek in on Surfers if I remember its on (or maybe just wait for the V8 race on Speed this winter) but MCDF will not even register on my radar. Maybe next year, maybe not. No big deal anymore.

Sean O'Gorman
09-21-07, 02:21 PM
I honestly hope Ryan catches on with a nicely paid IRL ride and has a great career there and makes tons of money. If Champ Car is going to treat talented pros like this they do not deserve them.

Watch him become an overrated hack who just flat foots it around the track, because running a second or two behind a Champ Car around a road course is considered slow...

Insomniac
09-21-07, 03:21 PM
No stability. The only "upside" is no one is paying attention. The ChampCar season isn't over?

Gnam
09-21-07, 06:30 PM
It sucks PCM wasn't more upfront with Ryan about Mexico, but I'm suprised they are scrapping the relationship. Why not tell Ryan they have to run MD for the last two races, but they still want to keep him on for next year?

Figge should stand aside.

Insomniac
09-21-07, 08:39 PM
It sucks PCM wasn't more upfront with Ryan about Mexico, but I'm suprised they are scrapping the relationship. Why not tell Ryan they have to run MD for the last two races, but they still want to keep him on for next year?

Figge should stand aside.

Would you kick your son out of the car?

TRDfan
09-21-07, 09:22 PM
I dunno.....I've about had it.....disjointed schedule......revolving door drivers.....<heavy sigh>

G.
09-21-07, 09:51 PM
Let's face it - this year is a wash, if that's the right term. I'll watch the races, but I'm going to wait for next year with [SNL music] Lowered Expectaaations [/SNL music].

If I'm not encouraged in the offseason, my Sundays might be a bit more free next year. My travel budget will be spent elsewhere.

Just remember, they have the car, the races have been good (some great!), no more SB. They have the building blocks, they just need a 9 yr. old with mad lego skillz to put it all together.

The g. isn't employed right now...

(and I like SB, btw. The guy is a racer!)

Sean O'Gorman
09-21-07, 10:52 PM
Why not tell Ryan they have to run MD for the last two races, but they still want to keep him on for next year?

Because they don't have the money to?

Sean Malone
09-21-07, 11:11 PM
Because they don't have the money to?

But rumor has it 'they' have money to lure IRL teams over. :rofl: :shakehead

Insomniac
09-22-07, 10:59 AM
[SNL music] Lowered Expectaaations [/SNL music]

That's MADtv. ;)

Fio1
09-22-07, 12:34 PM
This sucks, but Dominguez brings money and the team needs money....

Jag_Warrior
09-22-07, 01:03 PM

I think this seals my interest level in the 2007 season. Attended RA, and watched one race on Tivo which I fast forwarded through much of. I may peek in on Surfers if I remember its on (or maybe just wait for the V8 race on Speed this winter) but MCDF will not even register on my radar. Maybe next year, maybe not. No big deal anymore.

And ya know, I'm hoping for the same for him. The funniest part will be those in certain quarters who will try to justify attaching an "F" before his name as they speak about him. In one gomerish swoop, PCM goes from being a team that I was hoping I could grow to follow, to just another hack team.

For a time, I was somewhat offended when the Johnny come lately's and the Champ Car Kool-Aid set would go on & on & on about how this Champ Car was not CART. I am no longer offended - I take it as a compliment to CART. While CART was certainly an organization with many (many!) issues, at least it got it right much of the time (up to the point of the IPO anyway). With this latest bunch of silliness, I have to ask, except for having a somewhat better looking car (and not having a single race that gets half decent TV numbers), can anyone tell me how this latest version of Champ Car is any better run or managed than the IRL? Seriously! We even have a set of innernut sycophants to match the best of what TrackForum has to offer. What's the dif? Two sides of the same sad coin, IMO.

Do these people NOT understand that they are alienating more and more of the customer base (fans)? Do they NOT understand why major corporate sponsors avoid them like the plague? And with this move, what driver with a bit of talent and a desire to have a stable future would take a chance on CCWS? I'm preparing for more ride-buyers and half-azzes as time passes. Just the kind of drivers that no one, who doesn't have 20 hours a week to do internet searches, is going to recognize or care about.

The new IRL is trying to be like a bad version of the old CART... and the new CCWS is trying to be like a bad version of the old IRL. Good grief! :irked:

jonovision_man
09-22-07, 02:29 PM
With this latest bunch of silliness, I have to ask, except for having a somewhat better looking car (and not having a single race that gets half decent TV numbers), can anyone tell me how this latest version of Champ Car is any better run or managed than the IRL? Seriously!

Good question.

The Indy 500... that helps IRL management look good. And they still look bad. So let's not get too carried away. :)

But IMO it's CCWS's record of race cancellations that is most damning... it's so absurd that this group can't put a schedule together without scrubbing at least one race before the season ends. This year was just so brutal it's impossible to chalk this up as anything but gross mismanagement. The IRL seems to pull off what they schedule, ChampCar seems to be clueless on how to set up a race and then actually run it.

jono

G.
09-22-07, 03:07 PM
Jag, maybe my hindsight is less than 20-20, but it seems to me that 2007 is the year of the suck. 2006 was ok, but better than earl, fo' sho'.

Other than that, you're prolly right. the MANAGEMENT (Ha!) of CCWS has been <<< earl's management for 2007. The racing of CCWS >>>>>>>>> flying earls. Any year.

Just my dream,,, opinions matter not when knows facts and obscurities,,, faith,, humble,,, denigrates

Spicoli
09-22-07, 03:19 PM
Jag, maybe my hindsight is less than 20-20, but it seems to me that 2007 is the year of the suck. 2006 was ok, but better than earl, fo' sho'.

Other than that, you're prolly right. the MANAGEMENT (Ha!) of CCWS has been <<< earl's management for 2007. The racing of CCWS >>>>>>>>> flying earls. Any year.

Just my dream,,, opinions matter not when knows facts and obscurities,,, faith,, humble,,, denigrates

You know the plastertards are all over RM for his "shoddy" journalism on this report. Evidently he did not speak to the team to get THEIR side of the story. I know, I know.....

So then Ryan's dad chimes in pretty damned pizxed off:

What Robin Miller has said is the truth and the whole TRUTH 100% and NO they have not spoken to each other since they were together at the work shop on Tuesady
Thank you for all your suuport for Ryan as he needs it at this moment
Also they emailed me before Ryan could tell me SORRY
HIS DAD

:eek:

Will CCWS management ever think about the aftershock of such stupid decisions? This season is epic stupid in terms of blunders, miscues and flat out lies....No team assistance? BS.:shakehead:

greenie
09-22-07, 03:35 PM
No stability. The only "upside" is no one is paying attention.

That is the truth, and one begets the other.

It's astonishing how unprofessional the entire operation has become. Canceled races (mid-season, of course :rofl: ), musical chairs drivers, banning Miller, "promoting" a bona fide asstard to president, and on and on.

Truly a pitiful display. :irked:

greenie
09-22-07, 03:38 PM
You know the plastertards are all over RM for his "shoddy" journalism on this report. Evidently he did not speak to the team to get THEIR side of the story.

:laugh:

All quotes must be requoted in an official Champ Car press release and notarized to be believed. :gomer:

meadors
09-22-07, 03:59 PM
Would you kick your son out of the car?

Yes. Yes I would. If I had to make a business decision, I'd keep the best man. But then again, I'm against nepotism and for doing the best for the team/business. Not gonna kick him out of the family, mind you.

Spicoli
09-22-07, 04:45 PM
Yes. Yes I would. If I had to make a business decision, I'd keep the best man. But then again, I'm against nepotism and for doing the best for the team/business. Not gonna kick him out of the family, mind you.

You have any kids?

TKGAngel
09-22-07, 05:14 PM
Apparently, the meaning of the word "commentary" is lost on some people in other places. :)

Pass the popcorn.

Insomniac
09-22-07, 05:35 PM

So you start a CC team so your son can drive in CC and then you're going to kick him out of the car for two races?

Personally, I'm surprised it wasn't someone at DCR. I guess KK didn't want Legge to get the boot and DCR probably wouldn't be too receptive to giving Bruno the boot.

I will never understand that if they needed Mexican drivers that bad, why they didn't just add 2 cars for that race. Surely between the 3 (or 4) owners they have enough spare parts to spare for two cars for one weekend. It's not a street course.

meadors
09-22-07, 06:22 PM
You have any kids?

Yes, and I've coached them, and benched them; employed them and fired them when they didn't work out.

So you start a CC team so your son can drive in CC and then you're going to kick him out of the car for two races?

I'd sure find a way for the son to participate in some way, but if the paid professional is going to give me better results.

I don't remember Dan Gurney putting his son in a ChampCar when AAR was active.

It is just one more point showing how few teams are operating as professional operations.

Spicoli
09-22-07, 06:26 PM

Personally, I'm surprised it wasn't someone at DCR. I guess KK didn't want Legge to get the boot and DCR probably wouldn't be too receptive to giving Bruno the boot.

I will never understand that if they needed Mexican drivers that bad, why they didn't just add 2 cars for that race. Surely between the 3 (or 4) owners they have enough spare parts to spare for two cars for one weekend. It's not a street course.

I think it speaks volumes on 2 areas:

1. Series Management
2. Series Owner's Credibility

Credibility is the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message. Traditionally, credibility is composed of two primary dimensions: trustworthiness and expertise, which have both objective and subjective components. That is, trustworthiness is a receiver judgment based on subjective factors. Expertise can be similarly subjectively perceived but includes relatively objective characteristics of the source or message as well (e.g., source credentials or information quality). Some secondary dimensions include source dynamism (charisma) and physical attractiveness, for example.

matthole
09-22-07, 07:05 PM
I don't remember Dan Gurney putting his son in a car when AAR was active.

I do! :gomer:

http://www.sandcastlevi.com/images/racing/eag-fatl.jpg

:D

greenie
09-22-07, 07:16 PM

I think you answered that in your earlier post - they are mailing it in. No two ways about it.

Nobody cares or pays attention to what's left of the "series" anymore, so they're going to do the bare minimum.

The real question IMO is whether that's it for Champ Car, or if they are trying to somehow regroup for next year. I have no idea what the answer is, but the series has truly reached rock bottom.

meadors
09-22-07, 09:57 PM
I do! :gomer:

http://www.sandcastlevi.com/images/racing/eag-fatl.jpg

:D

Thanks for the smiley
fixed it ;)

Jag_Warrior
09-22-07, 10:44 PM
The real question IMO is whether that's it for Champ Car, or if they are trying to somehow regroup for next year. I have no idea what the answer is, but the series has truly reached rock bottom.

Oh, I have no doubt that they'll answer the bell for 2008. There's still that .250643% of the U.S. TV viewing public that they MUST alienate. No one gets outta here alive!

But I have the puuurfect solution. For 2008, keep Paul Tracy and I guess Justin Wilson. Fire everybody else. There's got to be at least 25 of those Sperafico dudes running around. So hire 15 of them for the other race seats. Say ya have to fire one or two of 'em. It won't matter - just put another one in the seat. I hear their families can't even keep them straight once they put their helmets on. Neither Gordon Kirby nor Robin Miller will be able to keep up with which one is driving for which team. Hell, have them all switch teams every second or third race. That way, no one team always gets the 1 that can drive... or the 14 that suck. And (the most important thing) they seem to have more mystery money floating around than Pablo Escobar's widow. Solid "sponsorship" from these boys. Make up some fake company names (we already have someone on board who can help with that), print the decals and a racing we go!

Oh yeah, we still need a girl racer. Well, I guess one of the Sperafico bros is gonna have to visit one of those transgenbender docs down in Brazil. But according to what I read elsewhere, that would be a small loss for the glory of racin' a Champ Car (this ain't no weenie roast, ya know?!).

Color this once rabid fan jaded.:shakehead

Insomniac
09-22-07, 10:52 PM
I think you answered that in your earlier post - they are mailing it in. No two ways about it.

Nobody cares or pays attention to what's left of the "series" anymore, so they're going to do the bare minimum.

I assume they're planning for running in 2008. But who knows what goes on behind the scenes. FCR boots Servia to help the Mexican driver count. Did PCM boot Dalziel to help CC out or did CC do something for PCM?

I agree with the bare minimum observation. I wonder if they're bootstrapping or giving up?

greenie
09-22-07, 11:55 PM
Oh, I have no doubt that they'll answer the bell for 2008. There's still that .250643% of the U.S. TV viewing public that they MUST alienate. No one gets outta here alive!

Hysterical! (your entire post is spot on too) :cool:

matthole
09-23-07, 03:00 AM
fixed it ;)

:thumbup: Revisionist scum! :rofl: :D

cart7
09-23-07, 06:20 PM
I'm actually hoping some of these teams take the IRL up on that free money and make the switch. As bad as the IRL is it doesn't even come close to this embarrassment and a few more decent teams would make that series at least better than this charade. Now they're tossing drivers over-board and this ship is still going to sink. :thumdown: end this sham now, not later. :shakehead

Insomniac
09-23-07, 10:02 PM
I'm actually hoping some of these teams take the IRL up on that free money and make the switch. As bad as the IRL is it doesn't even come close to this embarrassment and a few more decent teams would make that series at least better than this charade. Now they're tossing drivers over-board and this ship is still going to sink. :thumdown: end this sham now, not later. :shakehead

I don't care if every team went to the IRL. Those cars are ****boxes and those engines sound terrible. I'd have to jam forks in my eyes and pencils in my ears first.

NismoZ
09-29-07, 10:02 AM
Rumor Jensen might run a car at Mexico City for Dalziel... or Perera? (they HAD planned on Phoenix.)

extramundane
09-29-07, 11:55 AM
Rumor Jensen might visit a hospitality tent at Mexico City

Fixered.