PDA

View Full Version : Fred's move over

Hard Driver
09-18-07, 06:48 AM
I have not seen anything about the "aggressive" move by Alonso at the start pushing Hamilton off the track.

Personally, I think that was worse that the Schumacher swerve. Hamilton was next to him and Alonso turned his hands to swerve left into his teammate. If Hamilton had not left the track, then it would have been a huge wreck in front of the field.

Now I know F1 does not have the no blocking rules that Champcar has, but there are still some things that go over the boundries of safe driving.

Alson has just proved again that he is a cheap shot artist. I thought that Schumacher was a cheater with with his ramming Villeneuve and so forth. Alonso with his blackmail of his team and swerving at his teammate is proving to be no better.

Warlock!
09-18-07, 07:04 AM
I liked the fact that Alonso tried to make it sound like hamilton was cheating because he used the runoff area as a racing line and was able to run back onto the track and get along side Alonso. Paraphrasing, "I don't think he would have tried this move if there was no runoff in that area".

:rofl:

opinionated ow
09-18-07, 08:46 AM
a fair and legitimate move. hamilton did not end up out of the race, and very nearly got the position back. no harm no foul.

Insomniac
09-18-07, 10:41 AM
I thought it was Hamilton that did that to Alonso at first (I know, I wasn't paying attention). I certainly thought it was something he would do at that moment. Kudos to him though. The kid has shown he has no fear all season. He didn't slow at all and kept the pressure on Alonso. I look forward to the two of them taking each other out in the future. :)

Boatdesigner
09-18-07, 11:27 AM
I saw Alonso move over 2-3 car widths directly into the side of LH's car. If LH hadn't moved off the track there would have been a wreck. Seemed pretty unsportsmanlike to me. If Schumacher had done it, the boards would be lit up with all the people claiming he was a cheater and dirty driver and he should be banned for dangerous driving and . . . . Purposely running someone off the track is not a legitimate move to me, not in a sport where people die.

Ankf00
09-18-07, 11:29 AM
Dirty cheating long-haired bastard.

Hamilton's done the same to Alonso, but not to that degree. That was as blatant one could possibly be.

Methanolandbrats
09-18-07, 11:59 AM
It's too bad we won't get to see Lou and that gypsy bastard go into the 130R side by side. That would pretty much sort out who is gonna be World Champion. :D

chop456
09-18-07, 12:31 PM
Racism.

Boatdesigner
09-18-07, 01:04 PM
Hamilton does seem to have mastered the starting line chop that MS invented. He doesn't even bother to line up straight, as he just points his car across the track. It must disconcerting for the guy in the row behind and opposite, knowing he is launching in a different direction to everyone else on the grid. I am surprised they don't have some rule about lining up nice and neat, everything else is regulated!:shakehead

RichK
09-18-07, 01:20 PM
Alonso's move was really bad. It's hard to have a favorite driver in F1. I guess I hope Kimi kicks all their butts the rest of the year and wins the WDC. Maybe the McLarens will take each other out @ Mt. Fuji.

Gnam
09-18-07, 02:25 PM
If that car had been a Ferrari or a BMW, Alonso's attempted ram would be acceptable, by F1 standards anyway. Normally, trying to wreck your teammate hurts the team's chances at the WCC. But, Alonso is now driving for himself, and only himself. I would expect more, 'I cut you, you cacaroach' behaviour from Alonso in the future.

Methanolandbrats
09-18-07, 02:33 PM
Racism.
http://www.ancoraimparoblog.com/Blog/Images/imus.jpg

emjaya
09-18-07, 05:22 PM
Alonso's move was really bad. It's hard to have a favorite driver in F1. I guess I hope Kimi kicks all their butts the rest of the year and wins the WDC. Maybe the McLarens will take each other out @ Mt. Fuji.

I'm a McLaren fan but it's hard to warm to either Alonso or Hamilton. I'm hoping they spend so much time beating each other they let Kimi take the WDC. :)

greenie
09-18-07, 11:56 PM
By the title, I assumed the rumors were true and he was coming to Champ Car! :gomer:

TrueBrit
10-03-07, 12:51 PM
Saw the replay over the weekend. Super-Grass is a punk-ass-beotch and that was a punk-ass-beotch move...I hope Jesus Hamilton wins the WDC in a walk and Uncle Ron makes Alonso fetch his slippers and his tea for the remainder of his contract...Serve the little snitch right...