PDA

View Full Version : Busch Series going to PoTs.

pchall
09-15-07, 09:10 PM
Or would that be PCoTs? or PCoYs?

Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, and perhaps a retro Celica?

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/busch/40293/

dando
09-15-07, 10:02 PM
Or would that be PCoTs? or PCoYs?

Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, and perhaps a retro Celica?

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/busch/40293/

I vote MR2. :gomer:

-Kevin

Fio1
09-16-07, 12:25 AM
I think Nascar are thinking about following the Brazilian Stockcar series; building spec chassis and putting what ever body on them.

emjaya
09-16-07, 07:52 AM
But while they may look like a new Mustang or Camaro, underneath they will still be a POS. And an old POS at that. :rolleyes:

nissan gtp
09-16-07, 08:01 AM
********. same cars, different badge and headlight stickers.

it would be great if Nascar would have the balls to do a silhouette formula, but they all be the same no doubt. :yuck:

Methanolandbrats
09-16-07, 08:10 AM
********. same cars, different badge and headlight stickers.

it would be great if Nascar would have the balls to do a silhouette formula, but they all be the same no doubt. :yuck: The bodies are nothing more than turd wrappers.

Accipiter
09-16-07, 09:18 AM
But while they may look like a new Mustang or Camaro, underneath they will still be a POS. And an old POS at that. :rolleyes:

If they are based on the current Cup chassis, I doubt they will look anything like Mustangs and Comaros.

emjaya
09-16-07, 09:40 AM
If they are based on the current Cup chassis, I doubt they will look anything like Mustangs and Comaros.

Those stickers are pretty real looking, sorta. :gomer: :)

pchall
09-16-07, 11:16 AM
Hasegawa already has a 1/24th kit out of the 2009 retro To¥ota Celica GT PCoY:

http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/pics/721216.jpg

Cam
09-16-07, 11:37 AM
Hasegawa already has a 1/24th kit out of the 2009 retro To¥ota Celica GT PCoY:

http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/pics/721216.jpg

w00t! SillyCar! :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
09-16-07, 12:08 PM
“That way, out top three divisions each have their own models,”

Not a bad idea. But it does tie the series identity to a hope that the auto makers keep making retro ponycars

new models will be built on the old-style NASCAR Nextel Cup chassis, which are in plentiful supply as the Cup Car of Tomorrow will make the older Cup cars obsolete next year.

I thought the CoT was about making ther cars safer. Now they will willingly and knowingly perpetuate a design they know to not be as safe as it can. :rolleyes:

...but on the other hand it’s lost some of its uniqueness as the Busch have become more populated by Nextel Cup regulars and less by young drivers looking to work their way up to Nextel Cup.

That's really the problem with Busch

As far as what model Toyota should use, how about

http://auto.idoneos.com/d/au/auto/Museo_Fangio/Fotos_Museo_03/_files/AAR-Toyota01.jpg

extramundane
09-16-07, 05:02 PM
I thought the CoT was about making ther cars safer. Now they will willingly and knowingly perpetuate a design they know to not be as safe as it can. :rolleyes:

It's all Bill Simspon's fault.

As far as what model Toyota should use, how about

http://auto.idoneos.com/d/au/auto/Museo_Fangio/Fotos_Museo_03/_files/AAR-Toyota01.jpg

Works for me. It's already killed 1 series, might as well go for 2! :thumbup:

miatanut
09-16-07, 07:59 PM
But I thought NASCAR was STOCK car racing? :rofl:

patski
09-17-07, 02:59 PM
But I thought NASCAR was STOCK car racing? :rofl:

Where have you been?

miatanut
09-17-07, 08:54 PM
Where have you been?

Hence rolling on the floor with laughter. They are just taking it another step farther from its roots.

Never been a fan of tube frame series*.

Original TransAm was cool, tube frame not.
Liked the GTP's. The GTO's and GTU's never did the trick for me.

*Bridcage Maserati and other open tube frame sportscars that weren't trying to pretend they were something they weren't being an exception.

pchall
09-18-07, 10:20 AM
Original TransAm was cool, tube frame not.

Weren't the orignal 1966/7 Trans Am cars basically A sedan with more improvements? I remember seeing a picture of a Studebaker Lark running in a Trans Am race that with "A sedan" still behind the front wheelwell in a copy of Sports Car Graphic way, way back. There was a lot of tubing welded into them for a roll cage and added structural strength, but they were made from actual cars from the assembly line.

miatanut
09-19-07, 12:19 AM
Weren't the orignal 1966/7 Trans Am cars basically A sedan with more improvements? I remember seeing a picture of a Studebaker Lark running in a Trans Am race that with "A sedan" still behind the front wheelwell in a copy of Sports Car Graphic way, way back. There was a lot of tubing welded into them for a roll cage and added structural strength, but they were made from actual cars from the assembly line.

Yup! Much like original NASCAR.

My favorite pro series of the last few years was the short-lived North American Touring Car Championship. Dodge Stratus, Honda Accord, I don't recall what the Ford was, and some other stuff. Unibody chassis with major roll cages welded in. That was the first place I ever saw really low-profile tires. They had MAJOR brakes stuffed in those wheels. When the ricers first started imitating that look, they looked silly to me (actually they still do), because they had these teeny street brakes in those over size wheels.

It was an undercard at CART races, but even though I loved CART, the NATCC races were more fun. Former CART drivers going at it tooth and nail. I don't know what killed it, but I always thought part of the problem was the manufacturers got tired of replacing balled-up cars.

eiregosod
09-19-07, 01:33 PM
I think Nascar are thinking about following the Brazilian Stockcar series; building spec chassis and putting what ever body on them.

That just isn't NASCAR :yuck:

:tony:

If NACAR did that it would a swift kick to the nether regions to the other series.

oddlycalm
09-19-07, 08:14 PM
One NASCAR executive asks, "Why don't we race a car what looks sumthin like the one most of duh fans have rusting up on blocks next to their doublewide?" Another NASCAR exec belches in the affirmative and there you have it, the Busch "used to be grand national but them're too much like cup cars" IROC or the future brain fart. :tony:

The real irony will be when the only US race fans will be NASCAR fans with only difference being the face stickers they apply to them...

oc