robot9000
09-14-07, 10:49 AM
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/17844641__WMSC_Decision_130907.pdf

TrueBrit
09-14-07, 10:53 AM
Thanks for finding that!

TrueBrit
09-14-07, 11:13 AM
After a quick read through the FIA cannot PROVE to any reasonable legal standard that anyone other than Pedro, Grass and Coughlan knew about or attempted to utilise any of the Ferrari info gathered. The FIA also admitted that there were no parts of the McLaren that were Ferrari dupes, nor could they prove that anyone OTHER than the drivers and the engineer knew about any of this info. As soon as this knowledge was shared with a fourth person they were IMMEDIATELY told to knock it off.

The FIA "thinks" that the McLaren explanation is hogwash and decided to fine the team $100m, although they cannot prove it in any legal sense...

Sounds to me like Freddie, who lets not forget was in the middle of a very public pouting session about how Lewis was kicking his ass, and his mate decided to cheat to try and beat Lewis...

Here's the rub...if BOTH cars were "improved" somehow then it was a team issue...if it was just De La Rosa and Snitch's car that was improved I think it becomes more clear what was going on...

It is also interesting that the FIA was forced to publish the fact that their favourite team might be using a 'flexible rear-wing' (3.12) which is a bit of a no-no...

Funny how there hasn't been any grumblings about THAT little nugget from the Ferrari-istas around here...

This makes for very interesting reading and I stand by my guarantee that Uncle Ron will appeal this...he might even suggest that the FIA look into Ferrari's illegal car while they're at it....;)

Indy
09-14-07, 11:42 AM
^^^ Yes.

ferrarigod
09-14-07, 07:50 PM
After a quick read through the FIA cannot PROVE to any reasonable legal standard that anyone other than Pedro, Grass and Coughlan knew about or attempted to utilise any of the Ferrari info gathered.

PDLR had the data. Therefore the testing team had the data. That's enough, and there is no burden of proof with 151c, hence being let go the first time around.

McLaren also knowing about a flex wing and then complaining to the FIA about the Ferrari car, IS PROOF that they tried to gain an advantage by using the insider information gained through Stepney, and known all the way up through the management.

Fine take away the Ferrari points when they used the flex wings that passed certification and weight tests. But punishing Ferrari means McLaren gained something and they should be TOTALLY out of the championship for said occurence.

Ferrari used a gray area, which EVER team in motorsports does(see: McLaren 1997 or 98 3rd brake pedal/traction control)

McLaren outright breached sporting code in a direct respect against all of the drivers super licenses and McLaren/FIA agreements.

RusH
09-14-07, 07:58 PM
Cervantes Vs. Shakespeare

EPIC

ferrarigod
09-14-07, 08:05 PM
9.3 Exceptionally, because primary responsibility must rest with McLaren, in the
interests of the sport and also because McLaren’s drivers were offered immunity
from individual sanction by the President of the FIA in his letter dated 30 August
2007, the WMSC does not consider that it is appropriate to impose any sanction
on them individually or impose sanctions on McLaren which would affect these
drivers’ individual Championship standings. As such, both McLaren drivers will
retain all the drivers’ Championship points they have won so far in the 2007
season and will be permitted to win drivers’ Championship points and attend the
podium in the remaining races of the 2007 season.

I'm guessing Max's letter was a forward of the one Bernie sent him to keep an English driver with a chance at a victory cause its 'good for the ratings.'

this should be overturned, inexcuseable when there are specific email incidents, and I don't believe that the drivers acted alone. Nor do I care if they did or not, the point is they acted.

:shakehead