PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe Check Writing Contest!

NismoZ
09-12-07, 10:54 AM
David Martinez wins, Servia loses. I say sit Tracy!

Methanolandbrats
09-12-07, 11:05 AM
Servia out? F**k it, I'm done with this crap. I'll check in next spring to see if it's a racing series or the four-wheeled equivalent of vanity publishing.

jonovision_man
09-12-07, 03:25 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=218114&hubname=auto_racing

In the end, it was not financially possible for Forsythe to run three cars.

"It is a shame we aren't able to keep Oriol," said Neil Micklewright, the vice president of team operations. "He has done a great job this year and has been a valuable member of Forsythe Racing."

He's done a great job. As a result, he's been fired.

That is all.

jono

Wally
09-12-07, 03:31 PM
......:shakehead .....:thumdown:

Boatdesigner
09-12-07, 04:33 PM
Pathetic! They should have sat PT, at least Oreo is competitive. I may be done for the year, this is getting too stupid to enjoy anymore.:irked: :shakehead :thumdown:

cameraman
09-12-07, 04:38 PM
Complete and utter ********.

I don't ****ing care about the economics, you want me to follow the damned series quit screwing with the drivers

:flame:

SteveH
09-12-07, 05:17 PM
Is there a requirement for X number of Mexicans to be in the field at Mexico City? It would not surprise me.

Oriol is a good guy. I hope he ends up somewhere permanent next year. However it seems like once you're on the outside looking in, its tough to break back into the series. Had Bruno not hooked up with Coyne he would be in the same situation. A ride, any ride is better than spectating

nissan gtp
09-12-07, 05:24 PM
very unfortunate

bet the IRL is on the phone already :thumdown:

Ed_Severson
09-12-07, 05:30 PM
Is there a requirement for X number of Mexicans to be in the field at Mexico City?

Yes.

cameraman
09-12-07, 05:36 PM
So if X = 2 who are they going to park to give Mario a ride?:shakehead

So does Tagliani lose his ride after Surfer's or are they just counting on Speedy Dan doing something stupid and getting parked again?

Andrew Longman
09-12-07, 05:54 PM
So if X = 2 who are they going to park to give Mario a ride?:shakehead

So does Tagliani lose his ride after Surfer's or are they just counting on Speedy Dan doing something stupid and getting parked again?

Hopefully, repeat hopefully, since it is the last race of the season someone will put him in a spare car.

Alright maybe that's too ,,,,,,,

RTKar
09-12-07, 06:54 PM
Absolutely pathetic. A bush move by a bush operation.

swift
09-12-07, 07:43 PM
Here's to another helping of mediocrity. The series is telegraphing to the world and its remaining fans:

"we don't have our s*** together."
"we're not willing to make it work"

FTG
09-12-07, 09:30 PM
Servia out? F**k it, I'm done with this crap. I'll check in next spring to see if it's a racing series or the four-wheeled equivalent of vanity publishing.

How can we miss you, when you won't leave?

pkvracing12
09-12-07, 11:18 PM
B.S just stupid another iron man gone becuase of open wheel stupidity forsythe is an idiot! :flame:

Methanolandbrats
09-12-07, 11:20 PM
How can we miss you, when you won't leave?Thanks for the warm thoughts :D I ain't leaving the most intelligent outpost on the interweb, I'm just not interested in watching the last two races this year.

Chief
09-13-07, 12:37 AM
Weak move...bush is correct.

robot9000
09-13-07, 08:59 AM
Isn't this the exact situation we keep Coyne around for?

Ditch Legge and put the New Guy there.

Ziggy
09-13-07, 09:45 AM
Wow, really a pro move isn't it?

Which driver is ranked higher in the championship?

Very bush, but expected

Cam
09-13-07, 10:03 AM
I still believe that GF quit giving a crap, about this time last year when AJA dumped a large turd on the production room floor with the NeckCar announcement. Revive a drivers future from the abyss that it can be and then betray your saviour...

DIE Mfer! Not cool. :rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
09-13-07, 10:44 AM
>>>Quote:
In the end, it was not financially possible for Forsythe to run three cars.

"It is a shame we aren't able to keep Oriol," said Neil Micklewright, the vice president of team operations. "He has done a great job this year and has been a valuable member of Forsythe Racing." >>>

Probably not financially possible because it is really expensive to keep fixing the cars Tracy crashes while he's battling for 15th place.

jonovision_man
09-13-07, 10:52 AM
I still believe that GF quit giving a crap, about this time last year when AJA dumped a large turd on the production room floor with the NeckCar announcement. Revive a drivers future from the abyss that it can be and then betray your saviour...

DIE Mfer! Not cool. :rolleyes:

So if GF ends up pulling out of ChampCar, and if that leads to its demise... then AJA killed ChampCar?? ;)

I wonder who has lost more money in CCWS/CART, GF or KK? GF was buying up all those CART shares, he really took a bath there. Maybe he sat down with his accountant one day and added up his losses.

jono

KLang
09-13-07, 11:00 AM
Sucks about Servia. :thumdown:

I expect Tracy has a contract and Servia does not. Parking Tracy is probably not an option.

Insomniac
09-13-07, 11:03 AM
So if GF ends up pulling out of ChampCar, and if that leads to its demise... then AJA killed ChampCar?? ;)

I wonder who has lost more money in CCWS/CART, GF or KK? GF was buying up all those CART shares, he really took a bath there. Maybe he sat down with his accountant one day and added up his losses.

jono

Have to be GF right? All the CART stock plus he owns the same amount of CC as KK so they should have the same loss on CC operating expenses. I'd also say KK is only a partial owner of his team and they seem to have had more sponsorship than FCR.

Wally
09-13-07, 11:18 AM
Just curious are there any spare DP1O1's around the paddock or would FCR have to buck up and buy a new tub?

Dirty Sanchez
09-13-07, 11:42 AM
I'm sure they are just getting a jump on evaluating drivers for next season :laugh:

cameraman
09-13-07, 11:51 AM
Just curious are there any spare DP1O1's around the paddock or would FCR have to buck up and buy a new tub?

Coyne does have a third car but it costs money to put Servia in a car and no one is willing to fund or able to find sponsorship for it. Therefore Servia is parked. It is very weak sauce from a very weak series.

Dr. Corkski
09-13-07, 12:00 PM
They didn't have a choice. GF had to overpay to keep his boytoy around, and KK is busy doing his part for Title IX.

Tony George
09-13-07, 12:02 PM
...and KK is busy doing his part for Title IX.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Indy
09-13-07, 10:54 PM
Bush is a good word for it.

Maybe they should not call the team "Forsythe," because to say Forsythe can not afford anything is ridiculous. Forsythe has chosen to minimize his expenses this season, that is all. The subsidies are not gone (obviously), but the partners are doing as little as possible.

Spicoli
09-19-07, 10:08 AM
more hate from David Phillips:

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/40376/

http://www.usf1racing.net/forums/images/smilies/fighting0029[1].gif

Ruben Barrios
09-19-07, 04:39 PM
Probably not financially possible because it is really expensive to keep fixing the cars Tracy crashes while he's battling for 15th place.

Now this is priceless!!

I'm betting Forsythe is as good as gone, and I consider it to be a benefit to CCWS. Show Mr. Forsythe the door along with PT, then we can get back to be a competitive semi-professional series...

TedN
09-20-07, 08:24 AM
Extract from Tracy's latest column on autosport.com ...

That's just the tip of the iceberg of what's been happening at the team, and what's gonna happen over the next couple of months. A lot of things which we can't really go into - or personnel changes that won't mean a whole lot to you - have been happening within the last couple of weeks at Forsythe. I phone for updates from Neil [Micklewright, team VPO] two or three times a day.

And the mood within Forsythe is good. Apparently at the Chicagoland IndyCar race, there was some bulls**** going around that Jerry Forsythe was going out of business, or shutting the team down, and so on.

But when I spoke to Neil, he said that Jerry has told him that we're committed to two cars for next year and we're revamping the whole team. I don't know who my teammate next year's going to be, but I know we're in talks with a couple of drivers.

I don't know who's going to be engineering which car and that kinda thing but Neil and Tom will make those kinda decisions. But apparently the team line-up will look very different next year.

Ted

Insomniac
09-20-07, 09:49 AM
Now this is priceless!!

I'm betting Forsythe is as good as gone, and I consider it to be a benefit to CCWS. Show Mr. Forsythe the door along with PT, then we can get back to be a competitive semi-professional series...

That is ridiculous. GF owns so many assets related to ChampCar including a big piece of ChampCar. PT is slowing down, but he's still the most famous driver in ChampCar. Losing him does not raise ChampCar's profile.

opinionated ow
09-20-07, 10:11 AM
how big a cheque do you have to write?

Ruben Barrios
09-20-07, 12:52 PM
PT is slowing down, but he's still the most famous driver in ChampCar.

Sorry to burst your bubble but, outside of CCWS fans no one has heard of him... He is as famous as KK is... not truly dinner table material...

If he is CCWS biggest asset... Wow, just the thought of it is disturbing...

G.
09-20-07, 01:17 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but, outside of CCWS fans no one has heard of him... He is as famous as KK is... not truly dinner table material...

Hold on, in general you are probably correct, but I took a n00b and his son to RA this year (they'll be back!) and to quote the n00b, "Hell, even I know who Paul Tracy is!"

It surprised the **** outta me. He really doesn't know crap about AOWR, but he knew PT.

Sean Malone
09-20-07, 01:25 PM

Semantics really. Dinner table with whom, race fans, football fans, people who don't follow sports at all? Is Paul Tracy a house hold name like Michael Jordan, Payton Manning, Lance Armstrong etc? No. But is he an "international auto racing star"? I would say that is a true statement. It depends on your definition of star. I would say that anyone with a passing interest in any auto racing outside NASCAR i.e. sports cars, F1 has heard of Paul Tracy thus qualifying him as a 'star'. A star within the sport? Sure, but I disagree with your statement that no one has heard of him outside of CCWS fans. And yes, Paul Tracy is more "famous" than KK.

Insomniac
09-20-07, 02:23 PM

Please tell me which current ChampCar driver is more famous than PT. You would think the 3-time champion would be, but he's not.

cameraman
09-20-07, 04:01 PM
Please tell me which current ChampCar driver is more famous than PT. You would think the 3-time champion would be, but he's not.
Justin Wilson and probably Doorknobs would give him a run for his money anywhere outside of the US. Everywhere F1 is the series.

TKGAngel
09-21-07, 08:36 AM
The new Autoweek had an FCR employment ad in the classified section. The team appears to be looking for positions ranging from engineers and mechanics to chief cooks and bottle washers.

Spicoli
09-21-07, 09:04 AM
The new Autoweek had an FCR employment ad in the classified section. The team appears to be looking for positions ranging from engineers and mechanics to chief cooks and bottle washers.

are these all volunteer positions?

Indy
09-21-07, 09:25 AM

Only Mexibillies need apply.

TKGAngel
09-21-07, 09:27 AM

I just read the ad, I don't write it. :)

Spicoli
09-21-07, 11:12 AM
I just read the ad, I don't write it. :)

If its all vlolunteer, we must let the punctuation followers in on it.

Or not.