PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Notes from Chicagoland

pressdog
09-11-07, 10:03 AM
It was a great show.

Deluxe Notes from Chicagoland (http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2007/09/delux-notes-fro.html)

robot9000
09-11-07, 12:15 PM
While dissing Danica might be poor form, The Princess was hardly in the "Knife Fight" with Dario. :cry:

She hung out in 6+ most of the race because she hasn't learned to draft in the last 2 seasons. And once she got to the front, she promply passed Dashly.

I doubt she spun on purpose though. She isn't good enought.

pressdog
09-11-07, 12:22 PM
While dissing Danica might be poor form, The Princess was hardly in the "Knife Fight" with Dario. :cry:

She hung out in 6+ most of the race because she hasn't learned to draft in the last 2 seasons. And once she got to the front, she promply passed Dashly.

I doubt she spun on purpose though. She isn't good enought.
I disagree. I watched her most of the race and she was doing her best to push Dario. According to the lap chart, she spent 114 laps of 200 right behind Dario in the running order (many of them she was close enough to try and push him) and only passed him when Dario wanted to conserve fuel. I'm very far from a Danica fan, but, I hate to break it to you, she's not bad.

Chief
09-11-07, 01:36 PM
She not bad? What does that mean.....she's BAD at coming into the pits, she's BAD at exiting the pits. She's BAD on flat spotted tires and she's real twitchy BAD when in a 5 car sandwich.

She's not bad when cruising in Dario's wake or when Dario wants to save fuel. She's a gimmick.....didn't you get the note?

G.
09-11-07, 01:42 PM
Milkers is BAD. Danican't is average. Midpack. Sometimes laughable (they need alarms in the pits for when she crosses the line, you know, for safety.), occationally respectable. Never good. Average.

cameraman
09-11-07, 02:01 PM
She pretty much is a rolling definition of mediocre.

Elmo T
09-11-07, 02:58 PM
Milkers is BAD.

I am glad Ms. Judd pointed out the obvious that eveyone knows but won't admit.

Indy
09-12-07, 10:49 AM
Brie with Ashley -- Everyone, take a HUGE hit of beer, because this is going to be something you'll need to be braced for. Ashley -- I'm extremely proud. Tough break for the Target Number 9 car. We did not have a great car (Ashley the engineer. Dude, your car was top 5 all day. Define "great car" for me.) Plus it was the worst nightmare with no help whatsoever. (DISSING DANICA. Come on, Ash. I'm certainly no Danica fan, but she worked her ass off for Your Husband. Dude. Seriously. She was right in the knife fight swinging the whole day. She's no master at drafting, but still. She did what she could. That's cold to diss her on TV.) My sweet little husband (I would have pissed if she would have said "my right-sexy wee bastard") with the bloody sharks just sharking him all day.

(Pause here to hurl into a trash can. Yeah, poor helpless Dario.)

Now Ashley calls out Brian Barnhart, says that Milka should be banned. "10 miles per hour off the pace is not appropriate." Get her off the track before someone gets killed, Ashley said.

I say busting on another car right after your dear sweet husband won the race is not that appropriate.
How about talking about how awesome Dario is?

Finally they have the car in front of the stands. Tony appears to be making out with Dario who is still in the car. Now Ashley is making out with Dario, probably checking him for shark bites and asking if he agrees Milka should be banned from the track.

Great recap, pressdog! I think the comedy meter was pegged with this one.