PDA

View Full Version : Jazzfest in New Orleans

turn1
05-08-03, 12:14 AM
Got back Monday from Nawlins and the JazzFest - if you love music you must do one of the weekends - rock, pop, jazz, blues, gospel, zydeco, rap, and the like all in one place on different stages. Plus cheap beer, great food, and girls gone wild!

Lizzerd
05-08-03, 01:40 AM
To heck with the music. The beer, food and girls is good enough for me!

devilmaster
05-08-03, 05:43 AM
I did Mardi Gras 2000.

My body still hasn't forgiven me for the 24 hour bars, the hurricanes, and the parties.

One day I want to make it back and enjoy Nawlins without the millions of drunken partiers.

Steve

Warlock!
05-08-03, 08:36 AM
New Orleans... quite possible my favorite town. Never done Mardi Gras (too many people for me), but that place parties all the time! You can walk down the streets of the French Quarter with a beer in your hand anytime you want, Bourbon Street is courdoned(sp?) off every night for a party, and beads and boobies are flyin everywhere... and mmmmmmmmm... crawdads and oysters...

When are the other "fests" you mentioned, like the Rock or Blues weekends?

Warlock!

turn1
05-08-03, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by devilmaster
I did Mardi Gras 2000.

My body still hasn't forgiven me for the 24 hour bars, the hurricanes, and the parties.

One day I want to make it back and enjoy Nawlins without the millions of drunken partiers.

Steve

As much as big events and Bourbon Street are a blast, after a couple trips to Jazzfest, my bachelor party, and another trip for fun I am beginning to enjoy other sections of the quarter just as much since it isn't as nuts. But, nothing beats an afternoon of drinking Hurricanes in the courtyard of Pat O'Briens! 4oz of rum in every drink!

turn1
05-08-03, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
When are the other "fests" you mentioned, like the Rock or Blues weekends?

Warlock!

JazzFest covers just about everything type of music over two weekends (always the last weekend in April and first weekend in May). Actually, Jazz in only a small part of the festivities.

Check out the schedule from this year:

http://www.nojazzfest.com