PDA

View Full Version : anyone watching the busch race?

devilmaster
09-01-07, 11:19 PM
I just caught it flipping past and the annoucer sounded very solemn....

They showed a replay of a nasty crash....

Any word?

Sean O'Gorman
09-01-07, 11:36 PM
Awake and alert

devilmaster
09-01-07, 11:39 PM
yep. being airlifted for xrays....

when i flipped onto the race I think it had more or less just happened... he hit the safer wall almost nose first at about 160 mph. it threw the car into the air, and the bottom of the car was hit by the hood and windshield of 'Dinger's car, then the right rear rode the top of the safer wall for almost all of turn 2.

devilmaster
09-02-07, 12:36 AM
85cPM_smROU

greenie
09-02-07, 12:42 AM
Nuts! SAFER saved that hayseed.

Rogue Leader
09-02-07, 11:17 AM
Did I miss something? Dinger is driving a Ganassi Dodge? Wheres the Toyota?

Methanolandbrats
09-02-07, 11:45 AM
BFD........that was'nt head-on, only messed up one corner. 6/10 at best.

NismoZ
09-02-07, 11:59 AM
Yep, AJ in Ganassi/Busch next 5 races.

TKGAngel
09-02-07, 02:23 PM
BFD........that was'nt head-on, only messed up one corner. 6/10 at best.

They showed the left side of Dinger's car, and the sheet metal was completely torn away, with one of the roll cage bars bent. It could have been a lot worse.

I was shocked at how the safety team got Kesolowski out of the car. They pulled him out, and about 4 safety workers were holding him like a sack of potatoes until they could bring the backboard over to him. It was a complete contrast from the work of the Champcar safety team.

devilmaster
09-02-07, 02:58 PM
I was shocked at how the safety team got Kesolowski out of the car. They pulled him out, and about 4 safety workers were holding him like a sack of potatoes until they could bring the backboard over to him. It was a complete contrast from the work of the Champcar safety team.

I should go find that quote from ken schrader when he said he'd rather have a track volunteer safety group than a dedicated safety team who deal with race crashes and practice those things on a regular basis. :shakehead

extramundane
09-02-07, 03:47 PM
I should go find that quote from ken schrader when he said he'd rather have a track volunteer safety group than a dedicated safety team who deal with race crashes and practice those things on a regular basis. :shakehead

Wasn't there even an official statement from NASCAR management, stating basically the same thing?

Accipiter
09-03-07, 09:44 AM
Did you here Rusty Wallace's gem during the Cup pre-race? Apparently, according to him, they crash so hard in California because they are going really fast. :saywhat:

Who'd have guessed? :laugh:

Andrew Longman
09-03-07, 11:50 AM
Nuts! SAFER saved that hayseed.

And his HANS.

Saw in the paper this morning he was released from the hospital. Lucky guy between the hit and how the safety team handled him.

Sean O'Gorman
09-03-07, 04:59 PM
Did you here Rusty Wallace's gem during the Cup pre-race? Apparently, according to him, they crash so hard in California because they are going really fast. :saywhat:

Who'd have guessed? :laugh:

Also, he said four tires cure cancer. :saywhat:

Fio1
09-03-07, 09:38 PM
What a shunt! Without the Hans he would have been a goner.