PDA

View Full Version : The OC recipe page....

Pages : 1 2 [3]

trish
01-26-11, 03:25 PM
Thank you! I went for a teaspoon after 1/4 tsp didn't seem like enough. I'm set to chow down by 6 so fingers crossed. I don't cook ya know. lol

Anyway, somebody should have told me that tapioca came in sizes. :saywhat:

trish
01-27-11, 10:21 PM
Oven Beef Stew

This is great. We had this recipe for about ten years before we first made it. We regret not trying it much sooner. Great to make on a cold winter day, as the oven is on for four hours.

1 1/4 lbs stew beef
4 large carrots
1/2 medium onion
2 large potatoes
2 stalks celery
6 tsp tapioca
1 C tomato juice
1/3 C frozen baby peas
1T Sugar

Set oven to 250.

Place beef in bottom of pan. Add onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes. Mix salt, sugar, tapioca and tomato juice. Pour over veggies and cover. Bake three hours and thirty minutes, add peas, cook for an additional thirty minutes.

The beef stew was delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

JLMannin
02-01-11, 06:42 PM
I suggest a teaspoon, but salt use is always subjective. And keep in mind you can always add it, but removing it is not easy (you can use potatoes to help mitigate too much salt).

-Kevin

Agreed. About a teaspoon.

KLang
02-05-11, 01:58 PM
Has anyone here tried Alton Browns steam and bake Buffalo Wing recipe? I think I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.

dando
02-05-11, 03:54 PM
Has anyone here tried Alton Browns steam and bake Buffalo Wing recipe? I think I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.

Yes, I have with a modified version. Worked out well (I just used our steamer basket rather than building my own like he did).

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-06-11, 03:37 PM
decision made: frito pie - 3.5 lb top bottom round, 1 lb chili grind chuck, 4 ancho pod (dried poblano), 2 cascabel pod, 2 fresh poblano for brightness roasting in the broiler.

rosawendel
02-06-11, 10:40 PM
I saw this thread popping back up from time to time. This time it reminded me to upload my super bowl chili recipe, even if ony to know where it is from time to time.
(post 113, page 5)

another year, another batch:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9154/photohz.jpg

nrc
02-07-11, 12:29 AM
Skyline Chili made with Dreamfields pasta.

KLang
02-07-11, 09:28 AM
Yes, I have with a modified version. Worked out well (I just used our steamer basket rather than building my own like he did).

-Kevin

:thumbup: The cooking method worked great. Crisp outside, moist tender inside. Sauce needs work.

dando
02-07-11, 12:15 PM
:thumbup: The cooking method worked great. Crisp outside, moist tender inside. Sauce needs work.

Yeah, his method is to basically blanch the wings like when you make french fries. I've never made his sauce. I was raised on BWs wing sauce, so I just use that...usually via IV. :D

-Kevin