PDA

View Full Version : What would you think if Ralf Schumacher came to CCWS?

Fio1
08-28-07, 09:47 AM
Talk in the European press is that Ralf's days are numbered at Toyota and F1 for that matter. DTM & CCWS are his best options. Would you welcome Ralfie to the series if he decided to mke the trip?

I would, I still think he's one of the best drivers around. It would be great for the series.

Chief
08-28-07, 09:49 AM
Naaah, he's tainted goods. IRL can have him...they still won't draw flys.

Methanolandbrats
08-28-07, 10:07 AM
He does'nt need the work, should have plenty of Yoda Bucks saved up.

Boatdesigner
08-28-07, 10:08 AM
I would think the publicity of having a multiple GP winner come to CCWS would be positive. If we could get Scott Speed as well, then we would really get some press and possibly a better reputation for the quality of drivers in the series. Say what you will about Ralf, but he has won races in the top series in the world. He isn't an Alonso or Kimi, but he is probably faster than the vast majority of race drivers. If it helped bring sponsors as well, then it would really be a bonus.

Wheel-Nut
08-28-07, 10:13 AM
Does his wife play volleyball?

http://estb.msn.com/i/F0/6DCF1AD2ADCC2A3CCBC5A4B9BBAB7.jpg

pchall
08-28-07, 10:14 AM
I can hear it now: "Is that a real Schumacher in your series, or a fake one?"

Send him to NASCAR to annoy the 'necks.

If any F1 pilot comes here in 2008 it should by Alonso on his sabbatical after the debacle at McClaren this season.

Cam
08-28-07, 10:23 AM
I If any F1 pilot comes here in 2008 it should by Alonso on his sabbatical after the debacle at McClaren this season.

Peter Peter Peter....:shakehead

whaaat
08-28-07, 10:42 AM
DTM

Methanolandbrats
08-28-07, 10:42 AM
I vote for Vantanio Leeoozzee...........Champcar's answer to Ms. Wheldon. Or Coulthard could begin another decade long stint as a professional mid-packer.

Accipiter
08-28-07, 11:03 AM
I bet if he can't get an F1 ride, he'll just stay home and count his money.

extramundane
08-28-07, 11:25 AM
Ralf is a less-talented Jos Verstappen without the fanbase. I'd rather see Dan Clarke stick around than see Ralf in CC.

SteveH
08-28-07, 11:46 AM
Don't want to see him in the series pouting all season long.

Rus'L
08-28-07, 12:08 PM
Naaah, he's tainted goods. IRL can have him...they still won't draw flys.

Actually, I'd love to see him in CCWS -- so he can get humbled so bad, he'll finally admit that the only reason he got into F1 was because of his brother.

Wally
08-28-07, 12:16 PM
I'll take a pass on Shuey the lesser....:thumdown: :shakehead

Ziggy
08-28-07, 12:33 PM
I would welcome any drivers who pedigree was higher than a fume sucker in GP1

after all, he's no Neil Jani or Tonis Kassamets

jonovision_man
08-28-07, 12:36 PM
I'd be very surprised if he'd consider ChampCar.

He'd be crap here anyway, he doesn't know how to make a pass to save his life. He's a boring driver with a personality to match, he's a whiner, and while he's been fast on occasion he's never put it together consistently enough to do anything with it. If things aren't perfect he's MIA.

Useless. No. NOOOOOO!!! :thumdown:

jono

pchall
08-28-07, 12:53 PM
Peter Peter Peter....:shakehead

So, I mistyped... :p At least I didn't call them Team MacSheepdip. :p

NismoZ
08-28-07, 01:01 PM
Way to go em, we are 2 fer 2 today!:thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
08-28-07, 02:19 PM
Would he be bringing his chain of adult video stores to America too? :saywhat:

spinner26
08-28-07, 02:30 PM
I'm hearing Dario and PT have been hanging together, look for Dario to either replace Herta and race w/ his brother in the XM car or come back to CCWS. No wait, he'd want a paycheck, scratch the return to CCWS.:p

cameraman
08-28-07, 02:52 PM
Why on earth would driving in CCWS even cross Ralf Schumacher's mind?
The man is all about the paycheck.

Rus'L
08-28-07, 03:16 PM
Why on earth would driving in CCWS even cross Ralf Schumacher's mind?
The man is all about the paycheck.

Like he's going to get that anymore in F1... :laugh:

Insomniac
08-28-07, 03:19 PM
I think more important than him driving in CC is retaining drivers for a longer period of time. I don't see any point if he won't be in CC for multiple years. If he would be, then I'm all for it.

STD
08-28-07, 03:44 PM
I think there is no need to think about it.

Gnam
08-28-07, 03:58 PM
I would like to see what he could do in a DP01. But if he comes back, he has to race for Coyne, just like Shorty. :p

RS racing in ChampCar
Pros:
1) Stay busy. I doubt Toyota will want him to stick around like his brother was asked to at Ferrari.
2) Have fun. Less pressure in a ChampCar paddock, plus he can talk to the other ex-F1 drivers about the good ole days.
3) Tour America. He'll be able to see exotic, happening places, like Houston and Phoenix, without the bother of fans or media types hounding him. Plus with no USGP next year, he won't have to face those meanies in F1 for a whole year.
4) Points, Podiums, Victories. When's the last time Ralf had a shot at any of these on a regular basis?
5) 'Over here' the other Schumacher races dragsters.

Cons:
1) No Mo' Money. Can he live on a budget?
2) No Mo' Europe. Can he handle North America?
3) No Mo' Scape Goats. If he sucks, it's all on him.
4) No Mo' F1. It's a one way trip, but there's always NASCAR. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
08-28-07, 04:46 PM
I'd be happy if he used some of his money to buy/start a team and add cars to the CC grid. More care is good and having his "star power", if you want to call it that, would lend a lot to the credibility of the series.

Don't care if he races though. I was never impressed.

Fio1
08-28-07, 07:15 PM
Why would Ralfie even consider racing in CCWS?

Maybe his wife wants to be like Victoria Beckham and live the Hollywood life style and be sides what else is he going to race?

emjaya
08-28-07, 07:39 PM
Why would Ralfie even consider racing in CCWS?

Maybe his wife wants to be like Victoria Beckham and live the Hollywood life style and be sides what else is he going to race?

D.T.M.

It has as much repect in the motor racing world as ChampCar, if not more.

Indy
08-28-07, 09:06 PM
Errrr, Gnam, Phoenix? :shakehead

stroker
08-28-07, 10:49 PM
The Lesser needs to get a Cup ride so he and Jacques can figure out which of them truly were the most overpaid driver of all time.

Methanolandbrats
08-28-07, 10:50 PM
The Lesser needs to get a Cup ride so he and Jacques can figure out which of them truly were the most overpaid driver of all time.:rofl:

Fio1
08-29-07, 12:08 AM
The Lesser needs to get a Cup ride so he and Jacques can figure out which of them truly were the most overpaid driver of all time.

:laugh: