PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Lance Briggs

Easy
08-27-07, 12:17 PM
For screwing up my commute this morning. I didn't see his totaled Lambo but the damaged sign was still there. And traffic was sloooow.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-070827edens-crash,0,933588.story?coll=chi-religion-stories

Andrew Longman
08-27-07, 12:35 PM
Briggs contacted state police this morning to discuss the crash, and he will talk with an investigator later today, authorities said.

It was not immediately clear whether Briggs was driving the Lamborghini at the time of the crash or whether anyone else was in the car.

3 am crash. I'm sure he was not driving. Had to be stolen. Couldn't possibly have left the scene of an accident drunk.:rolleyes:

When will these huckleberries (RIP Rizzuto) get it?

Days after Vick pleads guilty he's out wrecking is 300K piece of art at 3am.

And someone please require all professional athletes to get driving lessons before selling them anything more than an Accord.

WickerBill
08-27-07, 12:40 PM
An Accord, that's funny to even think about. Write it into their contracts that if they wreck their 150k+ car, they must drive a Malibu for the next six months.

dando
08-27-07, 12:59 PM
An Accord, that's funny to even think about. Write it into their contracts that if they wreck their 150k+ car, they must drive a Malibu for the next six months.

FYI, Greg Oden (#1 NBA pick) drives a Ford Taurus. No ****.

-Kevin

WickerBill
08-27-07, 01:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/adri1456/ricer%20fun/378078_3_full.jpg

Methanolandbrats
08-27-07, 01:13 PM
The Mikey Waltrip Approach to crashin'

Insomniac
08-27-07, 01:13 PM
3 am crash. I'm sure he was not driving. Had to be stolen. Couldn't possibly have left the scene of an accident drunk.:rolleyes:

When will these huckleberries (RIP Rizzuto) get it?

Days after Vick pleads guilty he's out wrecking is 300K piece of art at 3am.

And someone please require all professional athletes to get driving lessons before selling them anything more than an Accord.

Technically Vick pleaded guilty after his accident. ;)

Brandon Meriweather the head stomper/gun-toter drives a "rusted gold" 1992 Toyota Camry with more than 270,000 miles on it. :)

Don Quixote
08-27-07, 06:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7159428

Lovie Smith says:
Now, how did we get to that part?" Smith said. "We have a one-car accident, and now alcohol is involved? I think that's stretching a little bit to go that far.

Show of hands for everyone that did not immediately think that alcohol was involved in a 3:00 am one car accident. :saywhat:

extramundane
08-27-07, 09:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/adri1456/ricer%20fun/378078_3_full.jpg

That's some fine autocrossin' right there. :thumbup:

nrc
08-27-07, 11:30 PM
After watching the Bengals/Falcons pre-season deposition I'm pretty tired of hearing about Vick. :irked:

WickerBill
08-28-07, 05:25 AM
Oh it's gonna get better Richard.... guess which team plays against the Saints on MNF the same day Vick gets sentenced? You bet... the Falcons.

Andrew Longman
08-28-07, 08:21 AM
Show of hands for everyone that did not immediately think that alcohol was involved in a 3:00 am one car accident. :saywhat:

Hand

Add that he also left the scene of the accident and didn't call police until there was plenty of time to sober up.

Oh, and Vick and his co-defendants pleaded not guilty at first.

WickerBill
08-28-07, 08:37 AM
Pretty smart really... 350k for a car plus fines, vs. losing 4-8 games and being labeled a miscreant.

Not condoning it, but it was pretty quick thinking.

Insomniac
08-28-07, 09:39 AM
Pretty smart really... 350k for a car plus fines, vs. losing 4-8 games and being labeled a miscreant.

Yup, he potentially traded in a DUI (or worse) for a misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident.

nrc
08-28-07, 10:01 AM

Nothing new. It's SOP for repeat offender drunks. One ran into me from behind at some railroad tracks a few years back and then drove away as I was getting out to inspect the damage.

Fortunately the commissioner can act based on what's best for the NFL and he should make it clear that leaving the scene is not going to be a free pass or maybe even a smart move.

Don Quixote
08-28-07, 01:14 PM
That's true. I love the way that in today's world telling a lie that cannot be proven wrong is considered the same as telling the truth. He should write a book entitled "If I Drove the Lambo Drunk, This Is How I Did It".

Methanolandbrats
08-28-07, 01:27 PM
He should write a book entitled "If I Drove the Lambo Drunk, This Is How I Did It".
"I mighta droved dat Lambo like dis, **** off bitches" There, I fixed the book title.

Don Quixote
08-28-07, 01:36 PM
:laugh:

Gangrel
08-28-07, 04:48 PM
"I mighta droved dat Lambo like dis, **** off bitches" There, I fixed the book title.

By whom? Deon Sanders? :laugh:

chop456
08-29-07, 06:37 AM
Nice Apocalypse Now reference in today's Chicago Sun Times headline.

"Hey, Lance..." :tony:

Ziggy
08-29-07, 08:50 AM
Lance will be fine, and tossing your favorite running back around like a rag doll as soon as the schedule come around

bunch of haters, you know whitey is trying to keep him down :gomer:

chop456
08-29-07, 12:19 PM
Drove past the scene of the crime this morning. One hell of a turf job leading up to where it finally came to rest. :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
08-29-07, 12:35 PM
Drove past the scene of the crime this morning. One hell of a turf job leading up to where it finally came to rest. :laugh:
Does it look like he got behind on his steering? :gomer:

High Sided
08-29-07, 02:16 PM

i heard he wrecked the car to avoid running over a dog:gomer:

Dr. Corkski
08-29-07, 02:18 PM
Drove past the scene of the crime this morning. One hell of a turf job leading up to where it finally came to rest. :laugh:That's how they do things in the sexy business.

chop456
08-29-07, 02:27 PM
Does it look like he got behind on his steering? :gomer:

In my estimation, he could have used another turn of wedge.

G.
08-29-07, 02:59 PM
Breaking news: It wasn't Lance driving the car. It was Rex Grossman. Apparently the steering wheel just slipped out of his hands.

:p

Methanolandbrats
08-29-07, 03:04 PM
In my estimation, he could have used another turn of wedge. You're probably correct.

chop456
09-14-07, 02:44 PM
http://home.wi.rr.com/chop456/Image004.jpg

Taken with the finest Nokia camera money can buy. :gomer:

dando
09-14-07, 03:11 PM
Taken with the finest Nokia camera money can buy. :gomer:

Glad to see you didn't follow his tracks off the road taking that pic...but you were prolly going all of 25mph through there anyway. :\

-Kevin

chop456
09-14-07, 07:30 PM
I wish I could go that fast. :laugh: