PDA

View Full Version : The Andretti "Whinery"

Chief
08-27-07, 12:14 PM
Taser Martin still has an IRL reporting gig?....This is a good one on the AGR IMPLOSION occuring. Honda must be proud that Mikey is running the whole operation into the ground.
The Andretti Whinery (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=1&id=2992422)

Can you see Dario doing 38 races in a season? He has a hard enough time with our 17-race schedule.
Yeah, with all the concussions and road rash on the scalp skull and brain...

Andrew Longman
08-27-07, 01:03 PM
I became an Andretti fan when he won Indy. It was also the moment I became an OW fan. I was 8 years old. He also live 30 minutes from me so I feel obliged.:gomer:

Many times I cursed Mario for knucklehead moves stemming from over agressiveness. Crashing in the pits at Pocono while leading in about 77 or 78 comes to mind.

Michael made me cringe many time over the years, especially his words, but his aggressive style is what it is. And his whining also contained an element of the truth. One thing you could never say about an Andretti is they would race for points or be as sterile and corporate as the Penske troop.

But Mario has become an eloquent and reasoned elder spokesperson. And I had high hopes for Marco that he would be more/learn more from his grandpa than dad. Interiviews with him last year and sometimes this year showed he was more like Pop pop than dad.

But this has been a terrible year for him. He's ended up upside down too often and found himself in bad press moments too much. Bobby Rahal almost certainly took a better route ensuring that a third party not only sets his sons salary but sets his race strategy.

cart7
08-27-07, 08:27 PM
"I think Dario should have had patience. He had a teammate that would have let him by and fall in and finish second. Dario should have had more patience than that."

:laugh:

IIRC during the race, he added "that's how you win championships"

I guess that explains why the section on your resume with season championships heading only has one entry.

:gomer: