Wow. How much damage when it landed?

G.
08-25-07, 08:44 PM
weak.

Dario gets much better air than that.

:tony:

Chief
08-25-07, 10:29 PM
Makes ya wonder why the CC's don't blowover....and IRL sleds do.

Ziggy
08-26-07, 02:03 AM
Come on Chief, you know your just trying to pick a fight :cry:

could it be that as far as aero *dynamics* go, this machine is in a know way and subjected to such high airflow numbers. It is not sustaining speeds that say, a Superspeedway would deliver .

*dynamic* a function of several sets of known forces interacting upon each other simultaneously (your spelling my vary, I know mine does):p

The simple fact that twelve years on into the split, we Internet "experts" figure when reading a thread titled, " Dominguez flight tests DP01" We (I) think that somebody has gotten upside down in a racing car.

and that is sad.......

That is a nice picture, as kurb hopping in such a highly sprung car with that much acceleration potential (depends on who is driving it eh) can really leap off the track (and those curbs help as well)

glad he didn't bust his tailbone.........

Chief
08-26-07, 08:01 AM
Respectfully, 12 years of statistics don't lie Ziggy. Even internet experts know the current unbalanced Dallara and GeForces of yesteryear have a propensity to flip flop and fly when the nose gets pitched upward. At just about any speed.....

Internet experts also can't figure out why the IRL is powerless to correct the problem, even after 5 or 6 years of the currrent generation of car. Domingez maybe didn't break back? Maybe CCWS took necessary steps to fix the problem. Who knows....

Ruben Barrios
08-26-07, 05:11 PM
Title should read "DP01 flyes", as SB, PT and others flew in that chicane...

pchall
08-26-07, 06:58 PM
Title should read "DP01 flyes", as SB, PT and others flew in that chicane...

Yes. I should be flogged for practicing "yellow journalism" in that headline. :cool:

Ruben Barrios
08-27-07, 11:24 AM
^^^ Let the flogging begin ;)