PDA

View Full Version : I received this through the Champ Car Fan Club.

mueber
08-24-07, 08:52 AM
You know what to do.

http://www.theracingnetwork.com/

TurboV8
08-24-07, 10:26 AM
Anyone find this in thier mailbox this morning?

http://www.ccic-champions.ws/ccic/dropbox/feedbackblast.html

tllips
08-24-07, 10:30 AM
See also this thread: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13353

robot9000
08-24-07, 10:52 AM
Awsome !! Maybe we can switch networks gain !

(Guniess voice) Brilliint !!

pchall
08-24-07, 11:50 AM
This thread will become an infinite "do loop".

mueber
08-24-07, 01:02 PM
This thread will become an infinite "do loop".

A day without Spenser, Wallace, and Waltrip is like a day without, um....well, hysterical brown nosing.

Frankly, it's getting harder and harder to justify the cable fee given that I'm watching TV less every year, and if this new channel is an outlet for additional open wheel, road racing and especially coverage of Champ Car, I'll make the switch if Comcast doesn't pick it up.

rosawendel
08-24-07, 01:27 PM
seems odd to me.

two concerns come to mind:
-is the intent to have the viewer change cable or satellite providers based on the availability of a single channel? is that the only option? we wouldn't want to petition en masse to have it added to already available lineups and providers?
-i am slightly concerned that this is someone's great idea to create a niche market by splitting the audience from what is already available. we've all seen how well that's worked out.

mueber
08-24-07, 01:47 PM
seems odd to me.

two concerns come to mind:
-is the intent to have the viewer change cable or satellite providers based on the availability of a single channel? is that the only option? we wouldn't want to petition en masse to have it added to already available lineups and providers?
-i am slightly concerned that this is someone's great idea to create a niche market by splitting the audience from what is already available. we've all seen how well that's worked out.

I think you are reading too much into it. The question would apply if you had, say, DishTV would you switch to another provider to get "The Racing Network" if DishTV declined to provide it?

My answer to that is, "yes."

tllips
08-24-07, 02:35 PM
I think they are just trying to see if people are interested in a racing channel that is not dominated by Nascar.

As Mueber said, the question is if your provider does not carry this channel, would you switch providers to get this channel?

My answer was: NO. Then I sent them a comment (there was a place to do that if you gave them your email address, although now I don't remember if that was back to CCIC or TRN) saying that I would be very interested in their channel as long as it was part of my package (i.e. not a separate premium channel).

It seems that I only watch F1 on Speed Channel these days and whenever I am channel surfing in the evenings, nothing of interest is ever on Speed. It's all NASCAR or Pinks, etc.

whaaat
08-24-07, 07:37 PM
I think they are just trying to see if people are interested in a racing channel that is not dominated by Nascar.

As Mueber said, the question is if your provider does not carry this channel, would you switch providers to get this channel?

My answer was: NO. Then I sent them a comment (there was a place to do that if you gave them your email address, although now I don't remember if that was back to CCIC or TRN) saying that I would be very interested in their channel as long as it was part of my package (i.e. not a separate premium channel).

It seems that I only watch F1 on Speed Channel these days and whenever I am channel surfing in the evenings, nothing of interest is ever on Speed. It's all NASCAR or Pinks, etc.

whaaat
08-24-07, 07:39 PM

My answer was: NO.

Good job. :shakehead

tllips
08-24-07, 10:09 PM
Good job. :shakehead

Maybe I need to clarify...

I WANT a channel that is not 24/7 NASCAR, but I am not willing to change providers to get it. They need to make sure they get all providers to carry it.

Sorry, but that's the way I feel...

Sean O'Gorman
08-24-07, 10:48 PM
This network is apparently being lead by Jim Liberatore, who has currently been working for Sportstime Ohio, and was probably the one responsible for all the old Cleveland GPs being aired throughout June.

OW
08-25-07, 07:45 AM
pchall......:D