PDA

View Full Version : Packed IRL stands

RacinM3
05-07-03, 04:09 PM
That's different, but the on-track action appears to have been modeled correctly:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/03/18/indycar/series_screen002.jpg

pchall
05-07-03, 04:12 PM
It's nice to see the "Purex Bitch" car getting some serious air time.

racer2c
05-07-03, 04:19 PM
I'm still in denial that Gil is racing one of those things.

Is that the new Xbox IRL game I assume?

Can you imagine how thrilling it is to compete on all 20 ovals?

Hink
05-07-03, 05:12 PM
I don't know if the debris field is wide enough or the flames bright enough to be seen from space like real "wheel over wheel racing", but the gear boxes are all in one solid piece so you know they at least tried to simulate it properly ...

cart7
05-07-03, 07:33 PM
Just not realistic enough for me. I'd like the realism of trying to find the apex in turn 1 as the sun glistens off the stark, empty, aluminum late in the afternoon.

BTW, I'm guessing that black thing hanging up in the air is what launched Fisher into orbit. :laugh: What is that? Her bra?? :confused:

RaceGrrl
05-07-03, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by cart7
BTW, I'm guessing that black thing hanging up in the air is what launched Fisher into orbit. :laugh: What is that? Her bra?? :confused:

Nope. Too big.

pchall
05-07-03, 08:04 PM
AJ's athletic supporter?

DaveL
05-07-03, 08:35 PM
According to my sources, if you select "Deserving sprint car driver" from the menu in the Driver Setup screen, the game will boot right back to the desktop.

But on a postive note, if you select "Engine manufacturer backed mediocre Japanese road racer", the game takes you right to the Race menu.

I hear it's a big time saver.

Napoleon
05-07-03, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by pchall
AJ's athletic supporter?

Too big

cartmanoz
05-08-03, 05:28 AM
Why on earth would you want to play an IRL game and spend hours going in circles (I'll leave the NASCAR games alone;))????