PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 2007

skaven
08-23-07, 11:29 PM
Drafts start soon ! ! !

I'm afraid to ask questions anywhere else for fear of league-mates dropping intentially bad advice, so I thought I'd ask the OC brain trust - using the collective hive.

I'm in a keeper league with the following:

QB
Hasseltard
VY
Phillip
RB
LT
Reggie Bush
Macacagahee
WR
Donald Driver
Houshmandzadeh
Colston
Randy Moss
TE
Todd Heap
Ben Watson
PK
John Carney
TM
Bears

My current keepers are in bold (we can keep 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE/TM and one of any position. I'm pretty set on VY, LT, Reggie Bush and Da' Bears (and like that core), but I don't know which WR to keep. I've had Randy Moss for five seasons or so, but I think it might be time to move on. Our draft start tomorrow and I keep going back and forth between Housh and Colston. Colston has some sorta pre-season knee injury and Housh shares catches with Ocho (both have 2 years left on their current contracts). Brees and Palmer are both good QB's who will be around a while. Decisions... decisions...

greenie
08-24-07, 12:14 AM
Homer vote from me for Colston.

Latest I've seen on his "injury" which looks like not much:

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1187677252161930.xml&coll=1

Don't know if he played tonight against KC - but the Saints put the whoop ass on them (and on the Bengals last weekend) - both preseason, but both late preseason roadies so take that for what it's worth. The offense promises to be good IMO.

w/o Joe Horn, this could be an up year as the featured receiver - or not for the same reason. I like the other Saints threats, so I'm not worried about that.

I'd keep Colston. Good luck. :cool:

greenie
08-24-07, 02:43 AM
From the Times Picayune (and Brees is looking scary statistically preseason):

KANSAS CITY - Bring on the Colts!

The Saints have gotten better and better with each preseason game, and this one was a total annihilation. They were two minutes away from a shutout in the 30-7 rout. They outgained the Chiefs 479 yards to 153. And they completed 29 of 34 passes for 295 yards (including 17 of 19 by starter Drew Brees).

For the second week in a row, the defensive effort was just as impressive as the offensive performance. Cornerback Jason Craft's interception highlighted the first-half dominance.

Of course, as receiver David Patten put it so eloquently afterward, "It's a meaningless preseason game. Even though we played well, all our records will be the same in a few weeks. We have to stay humble and work hard."

But it was still an awfully nice performance in the longest tune-up of the preseason. Next week, the Saints will likely pull their starters early in the first quarter of the preseason finale against Miami.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2007/08/game_wrap_saints_30_chiefs_7.html

WickerBill
08-24-07, 06:13 AM
First, shut up Ank.

Second, I wouldn't keep Young. He can't throw and he won't run for a TD every week. Get a QB who will get you 15 solid every week. Someone like, say, Hasselbeck, who is actually healthy now.

Insomniac
08-24-07, 07:55 AM
Don't keep any Patriots receivers.

Ed_Severson
08-24-07, 08:59 AM
Any New England receivers are scary because Brady throws to about 18 guys per game. Colston is hurt; maybe not serious, but he's an early question mark.

I say this as a Bears fan ... I think Green Bay will surprise some people. If it's me, I hang onto Driver and let T.J. go, but I think you're OK either way. Then again, I got hammered at WR in my draft and ended up with Fitzgerald, Galloway, Bruce, Muhammad, and Randle-El, so you might not want my advice. :)

Insomniac
08-24-07, 11:11 AM
Colston is hurt; maybe not serious, but he's an early question mark.

How could anyone let Colston go after seeing this? ;)

yYeQbcSQ8CU

greenie
08-24-07, 11:46 AM
^^^

Damn - that's great! :cool:

skaven
08-24-07, 11:56 AM
WHOA ! ! !

Colston it is. :cool:

Regarding Vince Young, I would like him better if he had receivers to throw too, but I think he'll get it done. I'm not counting on a rushing TD every game, but 8 over the season is reasonable and some rushing yardage. I'm sore at Hasseltard for stinking it up vs. the 49ers and causing me to lose in the championship game (runner up 3 out of the last 4 years). As it's a keeper league, I'd rather hold onto VY and hope he continues to mature and they add some talent around him in future years.

When I started this team, I had to make a choice between Peyton and Griese... I let my animosity towards the Vols override my better judgement. :mad: Could've had a dynasty with LT, Peyton and a pre-Raiders Randy Moss.

Thanks everyone... bring on the football ! ! ! :thumbup: