PDA

View Full Version : World Superbike to Utah in 2008!

RichK
08-23-07, 02:42 PM
cameraman, you are in luck!

Superbikeplanet LINK (http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/e/n070823a.htm)

I just told my friends in Salt Lake City to reserve the spare room for me next year. :thumbup: I'm guessing this race will use the late June AMA date.

cameraman
08-23-07, 03:45 PM
MMP is a great track for bikes. A little rustic for spectators tho'.

For everyone's sake I hope they try for an earlier date. It was over 100°F this year on the AMA date.

Travis might just luck out and get the first race date this year where the ambient temp has been less than 100°F at the green flag.

cameraman
08-23-07, 03:47 PM
TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (August 22, 2007) – Miller Motorsports Park is very pleased to announce that it has reached a multi-year agreement to host the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP beginning in 2008.

It has been three years since the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP raced in America, and having the series at Miller Motorsports Park will represent the most significant racing event in the history of the State of Utah. The race will be part of the Honda Summit of Speed, scheduled for June 1, 2008.

“We are thrilled to bring the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to Miller Motorsports Park,” said track owner Larry H. Miller. “This will be the biggest international sporting event in this state since the Olympic Winter Games in 2002. We look forward to welcoming the international motorcycle racing community to Utah, as well as thousands of new fans from across the United States and the world, who will be visiting Utah and our facility for the first time.”

“This announcement marks a significant achievement for Miller Motorsports Park,” said MMP General Manager and CEO Alan Wilson. “The FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP is a very prestigious event, and I would like to thank Maurizio Flammini of FGSPORT for his help in crafting this agreement.”

Maurizio Flammini, President of the FGSPORT Group that has organized the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP since 1989, said that Miller Motorsports Park is the ideal venue for the series’ return to the North American market.

“We consider Miller Motorsports Park a very interesting circuit, with top facilities compared with the American standard,” he said. “I am sure that the riders, teams, sponsors and media representatives who currently participate in our events – a community exceeding 2,000 people – will very much enjoy this circuit and the State of Utah. I was particularly impressed with the commitment and enthusiasm of Governor Huntsman, and with the professionalism of Larry Miller and his staff. I am sure that the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP event that will take place in Utah next year will be one of the best-promoted and -organized ever.”

The FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP® will share the Honda Summit of Speed weekend at Miller Motorsports Park with the AMA Superbike Championship and its support series. The weekend will be an action-packed celebration of two-wheeled competition for fans, with double-header races for both the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and the AMA Superbike Championship. The AMA Superbike Championship has been a fixture on the annual schedule at Miller Motorsports Park since its opening in 2006.

“We are very excited to once again share the stage with the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and look forward to bringing the American fans a Superbike weekend they will cherish forever,” said AMA Road Race Director Keith Kizer.

The tentative schedule has practice sessions for the AMA Superbike Championship on Thursday, May 29, with practice and qualifying sessions for both the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and AMA Superbike Championship on Friday, May 30. The FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Superpole session plus the first of two AMA Superbike races and the AMA Superstock and Formula Xtreme races are scheduled for Saturday, May 31, and both FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP races plus the second AMA Superbike race and the AMA Supersport races will take place on Sunday, June 1.
A new web page has been established for ticketing and event information for the Honda Summit of Speed at www.millermotorsportspark.com/sbk08. For more information, call the track at (435) 277-RACE or visit the website at www.millermotorsportspark.com. For more information on the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, visit their website at www.worldsbk.com. For more information on the AMA Superbike Championship, visit www.amaproracing.com.

cameraman
08-23-07, 03:55 PM
Reserve these now!

DUCKS HEAD TRACKSIDE PARKING – MMP offers 130 reserved trackside parking areas in the area known as the Ducks Head (see the track layout for explanation!) which runs from Black Rock Corner to Right Hook, Witchcraft and the Attitude corners. These 20ft wide defi ned parking spaces are ideal for fans wanting to set up along the track edge for the weekend in their RV’s, campers, trucks or cars. This area is served by the MMP Shuttle which takes passengers to all parts of the facility, including the Paddock and Midway. Fans will have 24 hour access to this location and must have appropriate General Admission tickets.

DUCKS HEAD FAN ZONE – located in the center of the Ducks Head viewing area, this is a parking area for RV’s, trucks, campers and cars that does not offer direct trackside viewing but which is only a few feet from some of the best track action. The Ducks Head Fan Zone is a central, easily accessible fun area where campers can stay overnight and enjoy barbecues, parties, music and fun every night of the event. Spaces are limited and only available on a four or two night basis. This area is served by the MMP Shuttle which takes passengers to all parts of the facility, including the Paddock and Midway. Fans will have 24 hour access to this location and must have appropriate General Admission tickets.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/sbk08/SBKTicketsWeb.pdf

All tickets are on sale right now.

cameraman
08-23-07, 04:23 PM
Just got my tickets, they are selling very, very fast.

Ankf00
08-23-07, 06:53 PM
I smell road trip.

emjaya
08-23-07, 07:45 PM
I smell road trip.

I wish. :cry:

cameraman
08-23-07, 10:51 PM
What it's only 8000 miles...

Spicoli
08-24-07, 12:00 AM