PDA

View Full Version : London Calling

Gnam
08-19-07, 07:43 PM
Top Gear is return'ed. Season starts tomorrow on the BBCAmerica. :D
website (http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/266/index.jsp)
schedule (http://www.bbcamerica.com/tvschedule.jsp?showsList=266)

nrc
08-19-07, 07:50 PM
I had never seen it on BBC America before. From what I saw what they showed previously either was edited down. I'll definitely set a Season Pass.

The Doctor
08-25-07, 01:10 AM
I thought this deserved a bump, as there are several episodes of Top Gear scheduled for BBC America this weekend. :thumbup:

Gnam
09-19-07, 02:08 PM
Just saw the caravan episode, even if it was scripted --> :laugh:

eiregosod
09-20-07, 11:56 AM

which one? :p

I liked the one where they fired cars off of a compressor onto caravans.

Gangrel
09-20-07, 12:03 PM
Speaking of London and BBC, did anyone watch last night as Fox systematically demolished the whole concept of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares?

extramundane
09-20-07, 12:49 PM
which one? :p

Pulling a caravan with a Kia.

t2WdvgzEd30

devilmaster
09-20-07, 01:24 PM
Speaking of London and BBC, did anyone watch last night as Fox systematically demolished the whole concept of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares?

There's a shock. :shakehead And i never even liked ramsay or his shows.

TKGAngel
09-20-07, 02:07 PM

I did. "Bill collectors" my aunt Fanny.

Gangrel
09-20-07, 02:21 PM
"Bill collectors." "Here's your new kitchen!" That stupid voiceover announcer. Glossing over any new recipes used to introduce the new menu. Bad acting by the "staff" of the "restaurant." No return visit months later to see if the improvements stuck....

I have read a bio on Peter Pellegrino that shows him to be an aspiring actor. Apparently the restaurant is really there, but I am getting the impression the whole show was an act.

Thanks Fox for screwing up another perfectly good concept show by dumbing it down for us 'Muricans.... :shakehead

TrueBrit
09-20-07, 02:32 PM

That was bloody funny!