PDA

View Full Version : Bobby D going back?

G.
08-17-07, 12:58 PM
Doornbos talking to Williams.

in some furrin' language (http://www.formule1wereld.nl/2006/2007/nieuws.php?subaction=showfull&id=1187345324&archive=&ucat=1)

Gnam
08-17-07, 01:11 PM
Didnt' know Doornbos translates to "thorn bunch". I think Bobby D is a better nickname anyway.

Also, in Dutchland, you don't qualify, you jellyfish. :p

babelfish translation: Story (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=nl_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.formule1wereld.nl%2F2006%2F20 07%2Fnieuws.php%3Fsubaction%3Dshowfull%26id%3D1187 345324%26archive%3D%26ucat%3D1)

G.
08-17-07, 01:16 PM
Maybe swap Speed for Bobby D? Or am I confusing the red bulls.:confused:

TKGAngel
08-17-07, 01:25 PM
Maybe swap Speed for Bobby D? Or am I confusing the red bulls.:confused:

Jayski's been saying that Red Bull wants Speed to go to NASCAR.

G.
08-17-07, 01:29 PM
Jayski's been saying that Red Bull wants Speed to go to NASCAR.Yeah, but that would be dumb.

Kinda like taking away a hardcard from a reporter, or starting a series to protect the I500, or ___________

nrc
08-17-07, 01:39 PM
Yeah, but that would be dumb.

Kinda like taking away a hardcard from a reporter, or starting a series to protect the I500, or ___________

... sending A.J. Almondigger to NASCAR?

Andrew Longman
08-17-07, 02:49 PM
Assuming there is still time and money owed on Speed's contract it makes more sense to spend that kind of money on a RB Cup driver than CC driver.

And if Dinger can't provide a better showing fast, he's npt back in that seat anyway

Wally
08-17-07, 02:56 PM
Jayski's been saying that Red Bull wants Speed to go to NASCAR.

Speed is at MIS in the Red Bull pits as we type......:shakehead

Elmo T
08-17-07, 03:00 PM
Maybe swap Speed for Bobby D?

I'd rather keep Bobby D. Forget that xenophobic "we need Americans" junk. We need drivers with some personality and a bit of talent.

jonovision_man
08-17-07, 04:29 PM
I really like the guy! :(

I'll still like him in F1, but it's more stuffy and corporate, he won't have the same chance to be himself.

jono

trauma1
08-17-07, 04:32 PM
in truth there is very little chance of him getting a williams race seat, the india buy rider will get one before he will and they will not let rosburg go, they need to dump the anchor of an engine that yoda gave them , but again williams right now is on par with the lower ter teams anyway how the mighty have fallen

Ankf00
08-17-07, 04:45 PM
... sending A.J. Almondigger to NASCAR?

Goober did that of his own volition

trauma1
08-17-07, 04:47 PM
Goober did that of his own volition

YA CAN't FIX STUPID:gomer:

Insomniac
08-17-07, 09:46 PM
YA CAN't FIX $TUPID:gomer:

Fixed it for you.

Sean Malone
08-17-07, 10:42 PM
Whatever happened to Allondigger? Srsly?

RusH
08-17-07, 10:50 PM
Whatever happened to Allondigger? Srsly?

Lets use new tech to Splain.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hyoszso38E

opinionated ow
08-18-07, 09:20 AM
anybody who thought robert doornbos was racing champ car for a career was deluding themselves. if he doesn't make it in F1, he will likely make it in the World Touring Car Championship and/or LMES or FIA GT

jonovision_man
08-18-07, 09:35 AM
Very few people leave ChampCar by choice to go to any of the series you just named.

They do leave for F1... or when nobody wants to hire them.

jono

opinionated ow
08-18-07, 09:52 AM
Very few people leave ChampCar by choice to go to any of the series you just named.

They do leave for F1... or when nobody wants to hire them.

jono

very few people stay in champ car for long...and most of the euros aren't there by choice

Spicoli
08-18-07, 09:57 AM
very few people stay in champ car for long...and most of the euros aren't there by choice

that is the most ignorant statement you've made on this board. how the F would you know?:shakehead

opinionated ow
08-18-07, 10:55 AM
that is the most ignorant statement you've made on this board. how the F would you know?:shakehead

what i was trying to say, is CC is a stepping ground, not a top notch category. Doornbos, Master of the pan flute et al are all using it to try and get into/back into f1. bourdais is another, tracy would have jumped ship if there had been an f1 offer. it is a stepping ground whether anyone likes it or not.

Spicoli
08-18-07, 03:07 PM
what i was trying to say, is CC is a stepping ground, not a top notch category. Doornbos, Master of the pan flute et al are all using it to try and get into/back into f1. bourdais is another, tracy would have jumped ship if there had been an f1 offer. it is a stepping ground whether anyone likes it or not.

OK. So until I get a GT40, all my other cars are just stepping stones?

GMAFB.

jcollins28
08-18-07, 03:55 PM
S**** Bobby D leaving!?!?! What will the brain trust at 5350 Lakeview do? I know get on the "red phone" down to Florida and put into motion operation "Hot Pants" . If successful that should get him to stay at least 9 months if not more.

jonovision_man
08-18-07, 11:01 PM
what i was trying to say, is CC is a stepping ground, not a top notch category.

You mean a top notch category like "World Touring Car Championship and/or LMES or FIA GT". :p

Doornboos will be in ChampCar until he gets his F1 ticket or he can't get a ride.

jono

Insomniac
08-19-07, 09:02 AM
good to see someone still has the commaesque faith, this is no more of a career goal than GP2 any longer.

You're not getting it. While most of us aren't happy with where CC is right now, they are still near the top as a gateway to F1. Most people who leave CC, leave for 1 of 3 reasons.

1. They are stepping up to something (F1)
2. Money (IRL, NASCAR)
3. No one in CC wanted them and they had to find the next best ride (IRL and lower).

No one is voluntarily leaving CC for a lower ride. Name one person.

Cam
08-19-07, 10:18 AM
2. Money (IRL, NASCAR)

There is no money in the IRL unless you are sucking on Hondas teat (and that is only if you can pry it out out of whinedrettis greedy paws.) , marlboros teat (and that is only if you can pry it out of pimpskis greedy paws) or targets teat (and that is only if you can pry the money out of fatassi's greedy paws)... all the rest are ride buyers or the inheritors biatches...

Insomniac
08-19-07, 11:19 AM
There is no money in the IRL unless you are sucking on Hondas teat (and that is only if you can pry it out out of whinedrettis greedy paws.) , marlboros teat (and that is only if you can pry it out of pimpskis greedy paws) or targets teat (and that is only if you can pry the money out of fatassi's greedy paws)... all the rest are ride buyers or the inheritors biatches...

Can you think of any other reason someone would voluntarily leave CC for the IRL or NASCAR besides money? That's why I listed both of them there.

Cam
08-19-07, 11:28 AM
Can you think of any other reason someone would voluntarily leave CC for the IRL or NASCAR besides money? That's why I listed both of them there.

You have yet to prove to me that there is money to be made as a driver in the IRL unless you drive for one of the elite 3... ;)

Insomniac
08-19-07, 12:08 PM
You have yet to prove to me that there is money to be made as a driver in the IRL unless you drive for one of the elite 3... ;)

I don't disagree. No other team would be able to dangle the money to lure a CC driver away. Note that I did say IRL is a step down for a CC driver after they can't find a CC ride. They'd only leave voluntarily for the IRL for money, and it would only come from one of the top teams.

Rosco
08-19-07, 02:21 PM

Being down under, you have your thinker flipped flopped, when has the Chump Cars ever posted their drivers winnings, the IRL furnishes their pay off every race, plus they do pay a good point fund end of year, only driver that I know of that drives for next to nothing is Jaques, all that I know receive 40/50% of their winnings:)

emjaya
08-19-07, 06:22 PM
Prize money that they then use to pay for their ride.

So Tony George is really paying for most of the field, is that what your saying Rosco? :)

G.
08-19-07, 07:31 PM
Being down under, you have your thinker flipped flopped, when has the Chump Cars ever posted their drivers winnings, the IRL furnishes their pay off every race, plus they do pay a good point fund end of year, only driver that I know of that drives for next to nothing is Jaques, all that I know receive 40/50% of their winnings:)wrong place to bring this ****.

ferrarigod
08-19-07, 09:47 PM
wrong place to bring this ****.

no doubt. rosco :thumdown: this isn't splitzville or smack.