PDA

View Full Version : Die cast defect

Gangrel
08-17-07, 08:40 AM
Looking for some info from someone more knowledgable than me on the die cast market. A few years ago, I picked up an Ertl American Muscle 1/18 die cast labled "1998 Reynard". Box says nothing about driver or team. It is a TCGR car, but here is the interesting part...the rear wing has Jimmy's yellow #12, the front wing has Alex's white #1. Anyone know if this was a common design for Ertl, or possibly a rare (or not) design flaw? Car's never been out of the packaging, and was bought as an afterthought at a custom car show a few years ago. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

CART 500
08-17-07, 09:11 AM
Looking for some info from someone more knowledgable than me on the die cast market. A few years ago, I picked up an Ertl American Muscle 1/18 die cast labled "1998 Reynard". Box says nothing about driver or team. It is a TCGR car, but here is the interesting part...the rear wing has Jimmy's yellow #12, the front wing has Alex's white #1. Anyone know if this was a common design for Ertl, or possibly a rare (or not) design flaw? Car's never been out of the packaging, and was bought as an afterthought at a custom car show a few years ago. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

call The Motorsport Collector in Downers Grove

pchall
08-17-07, 10:20 AM
Errors in collectibles are often highly prized. Somebody ought to know about that mistake. Remember the 1920s airmail stamp with the biplane upside down? Probably the most rare and valuable USPO printing error ever. Unfortunately, the Hoosier :tony: hope of an upside down flying crapwagon stamp will never happen, since it is not a rarity.

G.
08-17-07, 11:34 AM
Errors in collectibles are often highly prized. Somebody ought to know about that mistake. Remember the 1920s airmail stamp with the biplane upside down? Probably the most rare and valuable USPO printing error ever. Unfortunately, the Hoosier :tony: hope of an upside down flying crapwagon stamp will never happen, since it is not a rarity.
:rofl: :laugh:

cameraman
08-17-07, 01:09 PM

Did you see this news report?
A Florida voter may have unwittingly lost hundreds of thousands of dollars by using an extremely rare stamp to mail an absentee ballot in Tuesday's congressional election, a government official said on Friday. The 1918 Inverted Jenny stamp, which takes its name from an image of a biplane accidentally printed upside-down, turned up on Tuesday night in Fort Lauderdale, where election officials were inspecting ballots from parts of south Florida... ... The nominal value of the four vintage U.S. Post Office stamps was 87 cents, he said.:eek:

devilmaster
08-17-07, 01:48 PM
"It's not an asset anymore. He mailed it!"

Wabbit
08-17-07, 03:09 PM
"It's not an asset anymore. He mailed it!"

:rofl:

I remember that one.