PDA

View Full Version : ALMS RA

Redwing
08-13-07, 11:44 AM
I just got back. Fantastic race, I enjoyed every minute of it.
It was the first time cars have driven RA that late in the evening, and it was getting pretty dark by the end.

The rainstorm in the middle was exciting, and I'm glad the organizers kept the field out under yellow during the worst of the rain. The only reason it was under yellow was the lightening and the danger is presented for the course workers, as well as some puddles and rivers in some high speed corners.

To watch these drivers race around this circuit in the wet and the dark was awesome - it is what REAL motor racing is all about. There was a nice crowd on hand to see it, even though many left during the rain. It was one of the best races I've seen at RA, and I hope they do it at the same time next year with CC on Sunday again.

Opposite Lock
08-13-07, 11:52 AM
Best race of the whole weekend, imo. :thumbup:

tllips
08-13-07, 11:54 AM
Agreed. We enjoyed the weekend immensely. We were at Canada Corner for the last lap when the R10's passed and then repassed in the same corner. Highlight of the weekend! :D

I spoke to someone at the CCIC booth on Friday afternoon. He said that as of Friday afternoon, they had sold more tickets this weekend than the two separate events last year combined. They ran completely out of programs by Saturday morning.

I hope they have the same schedule for this weekend next year!