PDA

View Full Version : Grand Am = Ladder Series

chop456
08-08-07, 05:02 AM
“Nathan has proven he has the speed and poise to take the next step and we are going to provide him with that opportunity,” Tafel said. “With the help of Tony Dowe, Wolf Henzler, Robin Liddell, Dominik Farnbacher and myself the transition from the GT3 to the RSR should be a relatively smooth one for Nathan.”

“I think the biggest challenge for me will be the quality of drivers that compete in the GT2 category, as well as the other three divisions. Driving with the best sports car drivers in the world is also a little intimidating.

“This is a dream come true to be driving a top class car in a World Class series,” Swartzbaugh said. “Last year I moved from California to Atlanta as a commitment to making it into the ALMS and gaining status as a professional driver. After consulting with friends Patrick Long, Jim Tafel and Tony Dowe we thought that the IMSA Cup to ALMS jump might be too big of a step. We decided that the Grand-Am route was the best way to transition into the ALMS."
Link (http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3051&Itemid=2)

:thumbup:

jonovision_man
08-08-07, 07:00 AM
:rofl: Great stuff :rofl:

Ziggy
08-08-07, 07:53 AM
Im sure it was like taking a year off in reality

pchall
08-08-07, 12:11 PM
Im sure it was like taking a year off in reality

He'll wind up in NASCAR anyhow, so at least he has a taste of the France Mafia already.

Fio1
08-08-07, 11:10 PM
Nathan is a good kid. He's one of the nicest guys in racing. After Katrina he drove his race trailer full of supplies for a charity. He raced (I forgot what they are called) 2-speed Nascar type trucks in the NASA series before racing Porsche cup in 2005. He was racing those at 15. His car ended up in our shop after a crash at Road America in 05 and we took him to Buttonwillow a few times to go testing.

greenie
08-08-07, 11:57 PM
Great stuff

True dat! :rofl:

Fio1
08-09-07, 05:10 AM
Well, going from a Porsche Cup car to RSR is a big step. One is a club racer's car, the other is a full-blown race car. The cup car still has a 'street' clutch for example.

BTW, not only is Grand-Am GT a ladder series; I know of one race winning DP driver (fast, talented teammate who drove 80% of race) who has done his first ever race in Grand Am GT in 2005. No school series, no Porsche club races, no SCCA, nothing! His first race ever was a GT race in a Porsche, and one that had DP's in it as well....Crazy, isn't it?

Rogue Leader
08-09-07, 07:40 AM
Well, going from a Porsche Cup car to RSR is a big step. One is a club racer's car, the other is a full-blown race car. The cup car still has a 'street' clutch for example.

BTW, not only is Grand-Am GT a ladder series; I know of one race winning DP driver (fast, talented teammate who drove 80% of race) who has done his first ever race in Grand Am GT in 2005. No school series, no Porsche club races, no SCCA, nothing! His first race ever was a GT race in a Porsche, and one that had DP's in it as well....Crazy, isn't it?

Money..... loads of it. The true fuel in racing

opinionated ow
08-09-07, 09:11 AM
I know of one race winning DP driver (fast, talented teammate who drove 80% of race) who has done his first ever race in Grand Am GT in 2005. No school series, no Porsche club races, no SCCA, nothing! His first race ever was a GT race in a Porsche, and one that had DP's in it as well....Crazy, isn't it?

i know of one race winning crapotype driver with fast talented temmates that drove 97% of her race who is apparently a deserving IRL star...

pchall
08-09-07, 09:50 AM
i know of one race winning crapotype driver with fast talented temmates that drove 97% of her race who is apparently a deserving IRL star...

A fan of the Milkers, huh? :D

opinionated ow
08-09-07, 12:23 PM
A fan of the Milkers, huh? :D

EzQ2TErl7cw

how could you not be a fan of that sort of skill? :gomer: :tony:

Don Quixote
08-09-07, 01:08 PM
Her car must have been set up wrong. I blame the engineer and pit crew. :laugh:

Easy
08-09-07, 02:23 PM

Alhadeff the talentless douche.

Fio1
08-09-07, 11:35 PM
Alhadeff the talentless douche.

Yup! :cool: Crazy isn't it?

FCYTravis
08-09-07, 11:41 PM
Paddock rumblings are that the said fast, talented teammate won't be his teammate next year. Tired of dragging him around to "top-15" finishes, I suppose.

extramundane
08-10-07, 09:32 AM
Paddock rumblings are that the said fast, talented teammate won't be his teammate next year. Tired of dragging him around to "top-15" finishes, I suppose.

Hey, we've all seen that wife of his. I doubt 15th place keeps baby happy. :\

:rofl:

Easy
08-10-07, 11:53 AM
Hey, we've all seen that wife of his. I doubt 15th place keeps baby happy. :\

:rofl:

Those are some huuuge, um blonde highlights.