PDA

View Full Version : Alonso To Renault (?)

NismoZ
08-06-07, 11:19 AM
SPEED says Fernando is "eying a return to Renault" for '08 and Renault confirms talks are under way. Two openings, I hear.:)

Methanolandbrats
08-06-07, 11:27 AM
SPEED says Fernando is "eying a return to Renault" for '08 and Renault confirms talks are under way. Two openings, I hear.:) He can't beat Lewis, so he might as well :)

Andrew Longman
08-06-07, 11:35 AM
That should be expensive. How long is his contract with McLaren?

TrueBrit
08-06-07, 12:00 PM
That should be expensive. How long is his contract with McLaren?

He has another two years to run and it's worth approximately $68 million.

Not sure how enthusiastic Flavio would be about forking that kind of dosh over for the guy that just last year told you to go pound sand...

NismoZ
08-06-07, 01:52 PM
Spanish press says Alonso "has refused to commit to honouring the full 3 years of his McLaren contract." Has buyouts I suppose. All Fernando would say was "I don't know. We will see." Pound sand or go swivel. Take your pick!Todt has dismissed as "untrue speculation" that he is keen to sign Hamilton at $35/yr. mil US. Bourdais may be looking at $500k to go to STR.:rofl: I'd swivel for that but Bourdais probably won't.

Insomniac
08-06-07, 02:16 PM
It's also possible since he and Lewis can't drive for the same team that McLaren would also agree to let him go instead of having them continue like this for 2008. Contract works both ways I think. McLaren would have to buy him out to get rid of him, so they may agree to just part ways.

RHR_Fan
08-06-07, 02:32 PM
SPEED says Fernando is "eying a return to Renault" for '08 and Renault confirms talks are under way. Two openings, I hear.:)

Two openings? Heikki (sp?) didn't start out the best, but he's been doing a bit better than Giancarlo as of late.

~Nicole

Spicoli
08-06-07, 02:32 PM
It's also possible since he and Lewis can't drive for the same team that McLaren would also agree to let him go instead of having them continue like this for 2008. Contract works both ways I think. McLaren would have to buy him out to get rid of him, so they may agree to just part ways.

Karma's a bitch, ain;t it. :laugh:

TrueBrit
08-06-07, 02:39 PM
Somehow I doubt that Ron would spend the money...he's rumoured to be tighter than a duck's arse...

cameraman
08-06-07, 03:12 PM
Ron does not seem to have an aversion to spending insanely stupid sums on buildings, trailers and polishing equipment. Maybe it is just giving money to other humans:shakehead

stroker
08-06-07, 03:17 PM
If Hamilton can't follow directions on qualifying procedures wouldn't it be cheaper to lose him? I'd think there'd be more profit in selling Hamilton's contract rather than Alonso's.

Insomniac
08-06-07, 03:39 PM
Karma's a bitch, ain;t it. :laugh:

Somehow I doubt that Ron would spend the money...he's rumoured to be tighter than a duck's arse...

Don't forget Hamilton wants to get paid a lot better than his current salary. How long is he under contract?

opinionated ow
08-06-07, 08:37 PM
that would make me a happy camper-my favourite team and driver back together again

jonovision_man
08-06-07, 08:51 PM
If Hamilton can't follow directions on qualifying procedures wouldn't it be cheaper to lose him? I'd think there'd be more profit in selling Hamilton's contract rather than Alonso's.

Hamilton's better.

I can't see Alonso going, he's getting paid buckets of money and is on the team that will win the championship... it'd be a career screw-up of Jacque proportions to leave now.

jono

Redwing
08-06-07, 11:53 PM
Not only is Hamilton on his way to being rookie champion, he also completely destroyed a 2 time WC's confidence...

jonovision_man
08-07-07, 12:31 PM
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~152582.htm

According to reports by British newspaper, The Times a ‘well-placed source', which was not identified, has confirmed that McLaren boss, Ron Dennis has informed the double world champion that if he is really unhappy with things then the door is open.

"My understanding is that he's been told he can go because they're so fed up with him," the source told the broadsheet ‘paper. "Ron is just very p***ed off with both of them [namely Alonso and Britain's Lewis Hamilton].”

jono

RichK
08-07-07, 12:52 PM
Ron does not seem to have an aversion to spending insanely stupid sums on buildings, trailers and polishing equipment. Maybe it is just giving money to other humans:shakehead

Humans are dirty; they eat food and drink liquids and they spill things.

Buildings, trailers and polishing equipment can be cleaned & sterilized. They deserve Ron's love.

Spicoli
08-07-07, 01:06 PM
Humans are dirty; they eat food and drink liquids and they spill things.

Buildings, trailers and polishing equipment can be cleaned & sterilized. They deserve Ron's love.

that's hilarious.

alonso does not seem to be a good fit at Mac.

Insomniac
08-07-07, 01:24 PM
that's hilarious.

alonso does not seem to be a good fit at Mac.

Maybe it isn't possible to have 2 #1 drivers on an F1 team.

TrueBrit
08-07-07, 01:35 PM

That's been shown to be the case over the years...

jonovision_man
08-07-07, 01:44 PM

Ferrari - never

McLaren - Ron tends to be monogomous

Williams - could happen if Frank weren't so cheap

Renault - only if Flavio is agent for both of them, he gots to get paid! ;)

jono

Ankf00
08-07-07, 02:55 PM
Ferrari - never

McLaren - Ron tends to be monogomous

Williams - could happen if Frank weren't so cheap

Renault - only if Flavio is agent for both of them, he gots to get paid! ;)

jono

winner. close thread. award 1 gold star.

Tony George
08-07-07, 05:07 PM
Maybe they will bring back Johnny Paul Montana? :gomer: :tony:

Cam
08-07-07, 07:11 PM
Maybe they will bring back Johnny Paul Montana? :gomer: :tony:

That bridge is in the same state as the one in the twin cities.