PDA

View Full Version : Prollems in Gomertopia

Pages : [1] 2

Spicoli
08-05-07, 03:09 PM
Seems the faithful have just been shafted by "the media partner".

options include:

1. indycar.com streaming

2. 3:30pm - 4:00pm on ESPN Classic

3. not watching

Evidently the 3rd optiopn is winning as there is absolutely no one there. ZERO peeps in the stands.

the chat is lively over on indycar.com tho...;)

Spicoli
08-05-07, 04:12 PM
Jack the Root is esplaining "weepers".

:tony:

Indy
08-05-07, 04:22 PM
Jack the Root is esplaining "weepers".

:tony:

What are "weepers?" I have never heard of them before. :laugh:

While you are at it, maybe you can create a good analogy for the track surface... http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3073/king20edward20parmesanqd9.jpg

stroker
08-05-07, 04:46 PM
ESPN "Classic"? WTF is that?

Just when you think TG has hit a new low in competence he comes back and surprises you. I can't watch the race even if I wanted to? And when they say 3:30 or 4:00 pm, is that Eastern, Central, or something else?

God damn, that organization is f'd up.

EDwardo
08-05-07, 04:49 PM
Gomers got another option now.

Race replay tomorrow at 1230 pm on ESPN.

:D

Spicoli
08-05-07, 04:52 PM
Gomers got another option now.

Race replay tomorrow at 1230 pm on ESPN.

:D

which is when it might actually be over. :laugh: As of right now, 4:50, they are running some "pace laps" and then will start the race under yellow.

Mysteriously, John Herb had trubble starting his car.

EDwardo
08-05-07, 04:58 PM
Mysteriously, John Herb had trubble starting his car.

The Honda engine lease must have been up at 3pm......:D

Spicoli
08-05-07, 05:11 PM
BANG!

JON HERBS. l29, 3 down.

"parts are actually off the car..." :shakehead -Scoooby goodyear.

Spicoli
08-05-07, 05:25 PM
And Milky is slooooowing down.:rofl:

:yellers:

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 05:34 PM
OMFG.....just flipped it on, there can't be more than a thousand people there.
Uh,oh Gaylio and Vitor rubbed each other. Gaylio is getting all emotional.:cry:

Spicoli
08-05-07, 05:34 PM
BANG! Gaylio & Victor O'Meara.:eek:

EDwardo
08-05-07, 05:35 PM
Dang, thats a lot of carbon fiber on track.

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 05:37 PM
Dang, thats a lot of carbon fiber on track.
PRetty good explosion...........6/10

Accipiter
08-05-07, 05:41 PM
ESPN "Classic"? WTF is that?

That is where you will find coverage of the Zolder and Assen rounds of the Champ Car World Series.

jonovision_man
08-05-07, 05:50 PM
That is where you will find coverage of the Zolder and Assen rounds of the Champ Car World Series.

You're joking, right? :saywhat:

Maybe in 2017?

jono

Accipiter
08-05-07, 06:02 PM
I wish I was!

August 26 - Belgium

ESPN Classic | Sun, Aug 26 8:00 am ET | Race

September 2 - The Netherlands

ESPN Classic | Sun, Sep 2 7:00 am ET | Race

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Event/TVSchedule.asp?intlMode=false

Chief
08-05-07, 06:03 PM
Clue me into something here.....Unibrow stalls in pits and comes out last place. In 3 or 4 laps he in second place, driving around EVERYONE under green, going from 18th to 2nd. I suspect this Honda bootlicker pulled the favorite son "spinner" in this equal spec series. Fascinating.....

jonovision_man
08-05-07, 06:18 PM
I wish I was!

Sucks... but hey, good news that they'll both be classics. :)

jono

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 06:46 PM
Dario...........9/10..........one point deduction for not sticking the landing.

TKGAngel
08-05-07, 06:49 PM
That was one of the scariest wrecks I've seen in a long time. :eek:

Thank goodness Dario's okay.

Helio's temper tantrum earlier made Danica's previous ones look like child's play.

Chief
08-05-07, 06:53 PM
Wow, Dario's car was in air for about 6 seconds, Dixon hits him back into the air and wipes out the top 6 cars.

That car looked like a kite in the wind. Good thing those cars don't fly... wheel touch and pooof! lift off.

Andrew Longman
08-05-07, 06:55 PM
That was one of the scariest wrecks I've seen in a long time. :eek: .

No kidding. What's with Helio moving up on Meira and Wheldon moving up on Dario?

These guys are more skilled than that.

7 cars remaining. Danica might get her win.

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 06:57 PM
Seven cars left and Danicle ****ed up her pitstop :rofl: One more crash and she might win anyway. :rofl: How can Honda prop this crap up? Honda executives can't be that stupid.

jonovision_man
08-05-07, 06:57 PM
7 cars remaining. Danica might get her win.

She's one more 6-car wreck away. ;)

jono

Spicoli
08-05-07, 06:59 PM
Damn, that woked me up from an otherwise very nice nap.

7 cars left on track.

Could be Micro or Danicle finally wins* one.

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:00 PM
Seven cars left and Danicle ****ed up her pitstop :rofl: One more crash and she might win anyway. :rofl: How can Honda prop this crap up? Honda executives can't be that stupid.

In the IRL, honda ALWAYS wins.:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 07:01 PM
Damn, that woked me up from an otherwise very nice nap.

7 cars left on track.

Could be Micro or Danicle finally wins* one. I hope they run into each other :D

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:01 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/4uaf6du.jpg

wooopsie!

Elmo T
08-05-07, 07:05 PM
If I were Dario, I'd be staying home playing footsie with the wife, taking more helicopter lessons. Got to be safer...

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:05 PM
ganasty/targhetto trying to put one of their Crapwaggens backtogether. :shakehead

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:11 PM
Dario: this is not alot of fun anymore when its just flat out all the way around the track

Chief
Dario called this STUPID (oval track high speed pack foot to the floor airbourne racing that is the IRL).:thumbup:

Clean out your shorts buddy because you'll be back in the saddle next week.

Sean Malone
Man, those things really fly! no, I mean they really fly!!!:)

Sean Malone
08-05-07, 07:12 PM
wasn't he crying that 5 years ago? Grow some balls and leave Mr Judd.

Sean Malone
08-05-07, 07:13 PM
If Danika wins a race in the woods and no one is there to see it does she really win?

Chief
08-05-07, 07:16 PM
Barnhart extending caution period so all 7 cars can make it. Joke series....

Accipiter
08-05-07, 07:21 PM

The fewer laps under green, the fewer chances for them to turn into gliders. It's the safe choice.

TravelGal
08-05-07, 07:21 PM
If Danika wins a race in the woods and no one is there to see it does she really win?

Yes. And that's why I'm hoping this is the race she wins. That way she can't cry about not winning and she can't cry about not getting the call.

I'm rootin' Danica all the way on this one.

edit: The phone woke me up or I'd have missed all the fun. Now I'm so enthralled I'm here reading what you guys have to say, which is much more interesting. :D

Rob
08-05-07, 07:22 PM

They announced that weepers are showing up in turn 1. I thought Helio was done for the day. :confused:

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:24 PM
Targhetto Crapwagon back in the game.:yuck:

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:26 PM
Micro jumps the restart. :rofl:

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:28 PM
Honrish rebuilds his crapwagon. Back in the game.

Chief
08-05-07, 07:34 PM
:D mikey sez no racing with each other until 10 laps to go....stay in line racing series hahaha

danicle shiets bed hahaha

Spicoli
Danmica = tire down. :rofl:

jeebus hates you.:cry:

Accipiter
Danica done!

:rofl:

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:37 PM
"this is the nightmare of my life"

:laugh:

karma's a bitch honey.

Chief
08-05-07, 07:39 PM
its laughable because of the late race danicle infomercial they ran under caution. hahaha

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:42 PM
TK
Micro
Scoooby sharpie

others....

Sean Malone
08-05-07, 07:43 PM
"this is the nightmare of my life"

:laugh:

karma's a bitch honey.

Don't feel bad girly, no one saw. :tony:

spinner26
08-05-07, 07:44 PM
Just got home from a NASCAB party, is this ***** really happening or are ya'll having some sorta fantasy race?:confused: :saywhat:

EDwardo
08-05-07, 07:45 PM
Princess finishes seventh.

Oh, wait. Seventh was the last car running.

Maybe next time princess.

spinner26
08-05-07, 07:46 PM
this is too friggin funny to be real.:rofl: :laugh: :eek:

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:47 PM
:rofl:
Just got home from a NASCAB party, is this ***** really happening or are ya'll having some sorta fantasy race?:confused: :saywhat:

ESPNClassic. Watch Danicle cry.

Accipiter
08-05-07, 07:50 PM
Cry. Bitch. Whine. She's hitting all the notes.

TravelGal
08-05-07, 07:53 PM
Aw *****. I so wanted this one for her. Interviews with no one watching and the highlight of the race someone else's crash.

Spicoli
08-05-07, 07:54 PM
Attendance couldn;t be over 4k.

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 07:55 PM
Attendance couldn;t be over 4k. If you add in the spotters and crews.:gomer:

TravelGal
08-05-07, 07:55 PM

We couldn't make up stuff this good if we tried.

Chief
08-05-07, 07:59 PM
SHe's a weeper...

The gaggle of 1000 fans got to see some grinding action as them POS cars grind up the carbonfibre good, I thought Miera was gonna be a grater victim, straight in at that. Helios pout and stomp was awesome ....

Sean Malone
08-05-07, 08:03 PM
But could they see this one from space? That's what the IRL needs to get back too. :)

spinner26
08-05-07, 08:04 PM
We couldn't make up stuff this good if we tried.

You ain't said *****, I really thought it would be or was a rain out and ya'lls was havin funny time but as it turns out this ***** REALLY happened. only in gomerland could a final race have so few fans and so much action. WOW! Just WOW!

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 08:04 PM
American OW may have just hit bottom, how the hell could it get any worse? That circle jerk in victory lane was embarrassing and nauseating. What meaningless crap.:yuck:

Accipiter
08-05-07, 08:05 PM
But could they see this one from space? That's what the IRL needs to get back too. :)

Do you mean Dario's car? 'Cause I think the International Space Station got a good look at that.

Spicoli
08-05-07, 08:13 PM
American OW may have just hit bottom, how the hell could it get any worse? That circle jerk in victory lane was embarrassing and nauseating. What meaningless crap.:yuck:

Well, you are correct. they have more false hoopla and self congratuatory BS than even WWE. The difference? NO ONE was there. When are they going to get it? 12 years later and the IRL remains an answer to a question nobody asked.:tony:

A fool's dream indeed.

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 08:16 PM
Well, you are correct. they have more false hoopla and self congratuatory BS than even WWE. The difference? NO ONE was there. When are they going to get it? 12 years later and the IRL remains an answer to a question nobody asked.:tony:

A fool's dream indeed. I think they alienated the last of the faithful by cancelling Michigan in 08.

stroker
08-05-07, 08:17 PM
I can't wait to hear Robin Miller on Windtunnel.

Joelski
08-05-07, 08:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joelski
08-05-07, 08:30 PM
Somebody on the air replied to her comment with "In your professional life, honey". Meaning that in her personal life she's still married to a PEDO! :rofl:

STD
08-05-07, 08:36 PM
LOL :eek: :rofl: :tony:

Andrew Longman
08-05-07, 08:37 PM
Um, not willing to pile on...

Attendance at MIS IRL event havn't been great, but its been better than the last few years CART was there.

And for reasons I don't understand there seemed to be many more people in the stands today at a about 2:30 once the rain stopped than at 4:50 when the green actually dropped. Perhaps many just gave up and knew they had to be at work on Monday.

One thing for sure, their formula sux. So much downforce that drafting and hitting the marks matters none, still can't pass. Anyone that remembers Pruett and lil Al will not be attending.

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 08:45 PM
And for reasons I don't understand there seemed to be many more people in the stands today at a about 2:30 once the rain stopped than at 4:50 when the green actually dropped. Perhaps many just gave up and knew they had to be at work on Monday.
Naw, not work, they all rushed home to watch the MLS game on ESPN2. Too many things to do, competition for eyeballs is a bitch. :gomer:

Chief
08-05-07, 09:07 PM
Um, not willing to pile on...Attendance at MIS IRL event havn't been great, but its been better than the last few years CART was there.
Yah, so good they cancelled all future IRL races there.....

TravelGal
08-05-07, 09:27 PM

They had been huddling in their cars since 11 or 11:30. They came out when it stopped raining. It took an age to dry the track. By nearly 5PM, I'd be packing it in also. If I had gone in the first place, which I wouldn't have....................

stroker
08-05-07, 10:31 PM
Any chance somebody can get some screen shots of the grandstands, for those of us who can't get ESPN Classic?

Spicoli
08-05-07, 10:56 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/4xusdmt.jpg

Ziggy
08-05-07, 11:36 PM
While Dario's crash might have looked spectacular, it was pretty tame. The biggest fear was being impacted by another car or grinding the top down to the level of his helmet.

The car never really hit anything.

when it hooks a fence standard, then it's "Scary"

Im writing this as many two bit "journalist" are going to jump all over this tomorrow. These are the same guys who called Marco's accident at Indy "one of the most spectacular ever"

Pat Beddard, Danny Ongias (pick one) Alex Zampedri, Jack Turner, Pat O'Connor and getting on to Michigan, Pancho Carter, Rick Mears, Danny Ongias (again) Phil Krueger, those were "spectacular" accidents:gomer:

manic mechanic
08-06-07, 12:16 AM
While Dario's crash might have looked spectacular, it was pretty tame. The biggest fear was being impacted by another car or grinding the top down to the level of his helmet.

The car never really hit anything.

when it hooks a fence standard, then it's "Scary"

Im writing this as many two bit "journalist" are going to jump all over this tomorrow. These are the same guys who called Marco's accident at Indy "one of the most spectacular ever"

Pat Beddard, Danny Ongias (pick one) Alex Zampedri, Jack Turner, Pat O'Connor and getting on to Michigan, Pancho Carter, Rick Mears, Danny Ongias (again) Phil Krueger, those were "spectacular" accidents:gomer:

You are omitting incidents involving Stan Fox, Ryan Briscoe, and Tony Renna (god rest him) among others.

The main point is that a flawed formula is just that, and just because a large incident will get people to watch (in anticipation of another, perhaps) doesn't mean that it was worthy of the coverage to begin with.

In short, the "gomers" just don't get it...:shakehead

Thank the lord there are those that haven't bought in to that loser's formula...

Racing a flawed formula car for the yen and a minor piece of history (as the 500 has become) is only a way to be a survivor (and some carry the scars of doing so and defying the odds). It doesn't make it right, it doesn't make it sane, but (sadly) it does define our sport in the media at this stage of the game.
Such as it is, MIS goes the way of so many tracks before it when it comes to AOWR...

The correct formula and promotion can make such an event a success; The wrong formula can't even get close to balancing the equation.

Comments?

manic

cameraman
08-06-07, 12:54 AM
I take it Dario walked away in one piece. The asshats at the IRL ended their online video just prior to seeing whether he was hurt/unhurt.

They are true maggots, their race highlights only shows crashes. No passes, nobody winning or green flag flying at the start, just crashes.

When a league's web site limits its own coverage to only crash tapes that league can't be considered to have anything to do with racing.

grungex
08-06-07, 08:38 AM
I take it Dario walked away in one piece. The asshats at the IRL ended their online video just prior to seeing whether he was hurt/unhurt.

They are true maggots, their race highlights only shows crashes. No passes, nobody winning or green flag flying at the start, just crashes.

When a league's web site limits its own coverage to only crash tapes that league can't be considered to have anything to do with racing.

Surprisingly, once they turned the car over, he pulled himself out and walked away.

TKGAngel
08-06-07, 08:53 AM
Surprisingly, once they turned the car over, he pulled himself out and walked away.

AJ IV was the luckiest out of the deal. His post-crash interview showed the tracks from where Dario went up and over him.

Did anyone else see the toy bulldozer and scuba gear residing on Foyt's pit box. Someone's got a really good sense of humor over there.

Did Scott Sharp pee in Danica's cornflakes? There was a lot of bitterness on her end towards him in the post-race interview.

ETA: CNN.com headline - "Indy 400 driver takes wild, upside down ride." That's just comical.

trauma1
08-06-07, 09:11 AM
what were barnfarts infamous words"our cars don't fly" 7 cars finishing wounder what the brownshirt faithfull are saying about this:gomer:

Wheel-Nut
08-06-07, 09:26 AM
Who the hell was Helio talking to while walking to the care center? :laugh: What a sissy!!

Looked like my 6 year old when he can't get past a certain level on Sonic Riders!!

Andrew Longman
08-06-07, 10:15 AM
They had been huddling in their cars since 11 or 11:30. They came out when it stopped raining. It took an age to dry the track. By nearly 5PM, I'd be packing it in also. If I had gone in the first place, which I wouldn't have....................

Yeah, but many of those same fans or ones just like them sat through the rain delay at Indy. Maybe they just ran out of beer.

I just know that if I drove 12 hours to get there, as I did in the CART years, I wouldn't leave until I saw some racing. But I'm just wierd I guess. Anyway, as with you, now I wouldn't go in the first place.

BTW the toy bulldozer was a gift from Arute. :rolleyes: AJ didn't seem amused. The whole bulldozer thing seems to have really scared him and he teared up just talking about it,

Ziggy
08-06-07, 11:16 AM
The whole bulldozer thing seems to have really scared him and he teared up just talking about it,

WGAF

Andrew Longman
08-06-07, 11:27 AM
WGAF

Not me particularly, but it made for a pretty awkward (and funny) moment when Manning and Arute were making fun of him with the toy dozer. I think they were expecting ironhead AJ to be unfazed by the whole thing.

If the cameras weren't on, AJ might have treated the toy, and Arute, like a laptop. Or he might have gone completely to pieces. It was hard to tell.

G.
08-06-07, 11:31 AM
Once I saw Dario get out of the car, the TV went off. I couldn't watch that ****.

I'll read pressdog's summary.

Al Czervik
08-06-07, 11:37 AM
what were barnfarts infamous words"our cars don't fly" 7 cars finishing wounder what the brownshirt faithfull are saying about this:gomer:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2980639

About 10 comments down. :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
08-06-07, 12:30 PM
Not me particularly, but it made for a pretty awkward (and funny) moment when Manning and Arute were making fun of him with the toy dozer. I think they were expecting ironhead AJ to be unfazed by the whole thing.

If the cameras weren't on, AJ might have treated the toy, and Arute, like a laptop. Or he might have gone completely to pieces. It was hard to tell. I'm with Sammich on this one. He's an old, crippled guy who had a near death experience. He should have beat the **** out of Arute on TV.:mad:

robot9000
08-06-07, 12:58 PM
Danica seems to burn a lot of bridges. Seems to diss a lot of drivers and teams (needed to leave R/L to learn, all over Sharp,etc).

THe tears at the end were a bit much. I guess once she realised that she couldn't beat 6 professional back markers and one real driver, it just all hit here at once :D.

BTW, did she ever make it over to congradulat TK? They mentioned it on TV, but I don't belive they showed it (cause I don't think she did. She went straight into POUT mode. Again.)

And the fact that Dario, who had more flips than Greg Loganis, had to console HER....well. Wow, just wow.

KLang
08-06-07, 01:15 PM
I'll read pressdog's summary.

No need. This thread seems to have it covered. :laugh:

Ziggy
08-06-07, 02:01 PM
MandBrats writes

"He should have beat the **** out of Arute on TV."

Let me tall ya pal, Aroot needs an ice pick stuck in his ear anytime.

You sally's seem rivited to this IRL crap.

Next thing you know, your signing up for AR1:gomer:

Insomniac
08-06-07, 02:27 PM
No video of Danica whining after the race?

Elmo T
08-06-07, 02:41 PM
The whole bulldozer thing seems to have really scared him and he teared up just talking about it,

WGAF

I work in an profession where most of us have what might be considered a dark sense of humor. We've joked, albeit internally, about near death experiences and worse. Not in public. Not outside our group. Not on national (?) TV. Bad taste and AJ would be forgiven if he throttled him.

Wheel-Nut
08-06-07, 02:42 PM
Not video but you get the picture!

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/irl/2007/mic/irl-2007-mic-tm-1012.jpg

stroker
08-06-07, 03:11 PM
The only redeeming quality about the whole thing is that the roll hoop on Dario's car didn't collapse. That's been known to happen. Otherwise it was a textbook .1RL flip.

I'm half-surprised Princess didn't diss her tires (or claim somebody spiked her with an endplate).

Insomniac
08-06-07, 03:41 PM
The only redeeming quality about the whole thing is that the roll hoop on Dario's car didn't collapse. That's been known to happen. Otherwise it was a textbook .1RL flip.

I'm half-surprised Princess didn't diss her tires (or claim somebody spiked her with an endplate).

I'm always up for ripping the crapwagons, but a collapsing roll hoop? When has that ever happened?

Andrew Longman
08-06-07, 03:51 PM
Actually I think the luckiest thing was neither Dixon or AJIV wound up with a face full of car. Landing on Dixons nosecone instead of his head was indeed fortunate.

Every time this happens I think the league convinces itseld a little more that they'll keep dodging bullets forever.

Sadly it took DEs death for NASCAR to address their most basic weaknesses. What will it take to convince the IRL that pack racing open wheel cars at 215 is not a good idea? The fact that it also produces lousy races that people don't watch hasn't convinced them to change.

What I also don't understand it that pack racing never was and still isn't the signature feature of the I500 so why do they want it everywhere else?

miatanut
08-06-07, 04:52 PM

A fool's dream indeed.

One of life's greatest mysteries for me. No fans, but Honda and others keep dumping money into the fool's dream. :saywhat:

cameraman
08-06-07, 04:59 PM
Not too surprising really, Honda is the company that is spending $220+ million dollars this year to not be able to keep up with an end-of-lifed Spyker:shakehead

Spicoli
08-06-07, 04:59 PM
One of life's greatest mysteries for me. No fans, but Honda and others keep dumping money into the fool's dream. :saywhat:

Exactly. When you look at days like yesterday, you have to just sit there in amazement, staring at the TV, and wonder what these people are thinking? Flying crapwagons, near death accidents, a leader who is clearly delusaional and probably brain damaged beyond recovery, and companies continually pouring money into what is a completely empty event after event series....why nobody just stands up and says "WHY THE **** ARE WE EVEN DOING THIS ANYMORE?" amazes me.

:shakehead x 100000000000000000000000000000000000:thumdown: