PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else think they want Hamilton to win?

Fio1
08-05-07, 01:40 AM
I haven't seen mickey mousing of the rules since they made Schumacher sit out 3 races in 94 for passing Hill on the formation lap. B.S!

Has anybody ever seen a car off in the gravel get a lift back to the track before in F1? NO! And, now they put Alonso down to sixth place, almost guaranteing Hamilton the win. Where does that come from?:rolleyes:

cameraman
08-05-07, 01:44 AM
Has anybody ever seen a car off in the gravel get a lift back to the track before in F1? NO! No one has ever kept an F1 car running while it was lifted before either. Now they can. If a Ferrari had been in the same situation they would have done the same thing.

ferrarigod
08-05-07, 01:54 AM
No one has ever kept an F1 car running while it was lifted before either. Now they can. If a Ferrari had been in the same situation they would have done the same thing.

umm. Schumacher spun half into the gravel engine on, and was pushed out by 3 marshals and 1 patron. me thinks it was 2002 also at the nurburgring. schuey taught everyone it was within the rules and it has been on the cards ever since, and tried by many, but too stuck and without a lifter.

on that note, yes, hamilton is being gifted the championship, look no further than Stepneygate, don't even worry about the idiotic qualifying rules from yesterday or the lifting out of the car(or the lap give back a few minutes later). Found to have stolen property, but it was 'not used' so nothing happens.

PATHETIC. and again, you guys complained about Ferrari when they actually had a car that was significantly better and running away. hahahahah. laughable.

Fio1
08-05-07, 02:02 AM
Even Hamilton being given the 'lucky dog' award at the Nurburgring was absord! Who has ever seen that outside Nascar and Grand-am?

It's a shame because all this will tarnish Hamilton's brilliant season.:shakehead

I hope Heidfeld wins tomorrow! :thumbup:

opinionated ow
08-05-07, 03:43 AM
no. bugger the little cocky one. he seems like a nice guy, but this is one "nice guy" that just pisses me off.

Spicoli
08-05-07, 03:51 AM
I hope Heidfeld wins tomorrow! :thumbup:

think he'll shave? Looks stupid.

Yeah, would be nice to see either BMW take the podium.:thumbup:

jonovision_man
08-05-07, 06:58 AM
umm. Schumacher spun half into the gravel engine on, and was pushed out by 3 marshals and 1 patron. me thinks it was 2002 also at the nurburgring. schuey taught everyone it was within the rules and it has been on the cards ever since, and tried by many, but too stuck and without a lifter.

Yup.

The rule is that if you are in an unsafe position and the marshals can get you going you can rejoin. It's meant to be a way of moving cars as fast as possible out of harm's way. I had no idea that included getting a crane to lift you while you keep your engine running, but I guess it does. :)

My beef with it is that someday there will be two guys with their engines running - say, Hamilton and Alonso - in Spain, and the marshals will choose to help their countryman over the other guy.

jono

jonovision_man
08-05-07, 07:05 AM
Even Hamilton being given the 'lucky dog' award at the Nurburgring was absord! Who has ever seen that outside Nascar and Grand-am?

I'm still not sure about that one... need to read rules.

Edit - found it:

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/5251/fia.html

40.12 When the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" is shown on the timing monitors, any lapped cars which were between the cars running on the lead lap at the time the safety car was deployed (and also remain in that position) will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. They must then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car.

This looks like it's new...

jono

opinionated ow
08-05-07, 08:15 AM
I'm still not sure about that one... need to read rules.

Edit - found it:

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/5251/fia.html

This looks like it's new...

jono

correct. that is new for this year plus some retarded pitlane rules under safety car

Insomniac
08-05-07, 11:14 AM
My only problem is the WMSC ruling. That's not necessarily about Hamilton though. They don't want to exclude McLaren from the rest of 2007 and 2008.

Hamilton kept the car running and they pulled him out which was in the rules. The lap back was interesting, but reading that rule I guess it was allowed. I thought it was limited to the end of the race so that lapped cars are not going to impede the front runners. So, in that regard, it does look like a gift to him. Although it was odd that he was the only car that got the pass around. (Was he really the only lapped car within the people in the front?)

cameraman
08-05-07, 02:14 PM
(Was he really the only lapped car within the people in the front?)

Yes, he was the only car in field in that position. It is all a conspiracy, you see the rule makers knew back in January that this would happen and the entire season is scripted to ensure that Hamilton wins.:rolleyes:

Insomniac
08-05-07, 04:22 PM
Yes, he was the only car in field in that position. It is all a conspiracy, you see the rule makers knew back in January that this would happen and the entire season is scripted to ensure that Hamilton wins.:rolleyes:

I was asking the question because I did not know. For all I knew, McLaren was the only team who thought to ask about it.

cameraman
08-05-07, 04:24 PM
I was asking the question because I did not know. For all I knew, McLaren was the only team who thought to ask about it.The conspiracy part wasn't aimed at you.

TrueBrit
08-05-07, 04:48 PM

on that note, yes, hamilton is being gifted the championship, look no further than Stepneygate, don't even worry about the idiotic qualifying rules from yesterday or the lifting out of the car(or the lap give back a few minutes later). Found to have stolen property, but it was 'not used' so nothing happens.

PATHETIC. and again, you guys complained about Ferrari when they actually had a car that was significantly better and running away. hahahahah. laughable.

Hmmm, I must have missed the posts you made when the dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard was being gifted various rulings...you know, like when he ran people off the road at full-tilt and bugger-all was done about it...or ran them into walls...

That being said I think this Hungary nonsense just makes the sport look stupid. Bottom line Alonso tried to screw his team-mate over and deserved to get kicked down the grid, punishing McLaren was absolutely stupid...

Methanolandbrats
08-05-07, 05:44 PM
Hmmm, I must have missed the posts you made when the dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard was being gifted various rulings...you know, like when he ran people off the road at full-tilt and bugger-all was done about it...or ran them into walls...

Not this **** again :bangs head against wall: :shakehead

TrueBrit
08-05-07, 11:14 PM
Not this **** again :bangs head against wall: :shakehead

So I imagined Buttmacher running Hakkinen off the track at Spa? Running into Villeneuve was just a figment of my imagination? Ramming into Damon Hill in Oz never REALLY happened...

Gimme a break...the pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating chopping bastard was phenomenally quick and had ridiculous car control but he also had the personal and moral ethics of an alley cat...

DagoFast
08-05-07, 11:59 PM
You probably just imagined St. Senna intentionally ramming Prost off the track at the first turn of the first lap to take his first championship too....:D

jonovision_man
08-06-07, 07:30 AM
So I imagined Buttmacher running Hakkinen off the track at Spa? Running into Villeneuve was just a figment of my imagination? Ramming into Damon Hill in Oz never REALLY happened...

Gimme a break...the pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating chopping bastard was phenomenally quick and had ridiculous car control but he also had the personal and moral ethics of an alley cat...

My personal favourite was intentionally parking his car across the track in Monaco, ruining Alonso's qualifying lap.

Why? Because it was completely unnecessary, it was at a point in his career when he'd supposedly matured, and it showed to everyone the guy was willing to cheat to win.

He was the most frustratingly quick and consistent driver in the field, but TrueBrit is right, he was an awful competitor.

jono

Insomniac
08-06-07, 07:45 AM
Isn't this thread about Hamilton? :p

Elmo T
08-06-07, 08:45 AM
On topic - I think they'd like to see Hamilton win. It'd be good for business. I don't see them scripting the season though.

My first thought when I saw the shenanigans in the pit lane was that it seemed very Schumachereque (if that is a word).

TrueBrit
08-06-07, 12:03 PM
On topic - I think they'd like to see Hamilton win. It'd be good for business. I don't see them scripting the season though.

My first thought when I saw the shenanigans in the pit lane was that it seemed very Schumachereque (if that is a word).

Bob Varsha made mention of that too this weekend...said it was kind of ironic considering how vocal an opponent Alonso had been of Buttmacher's "technique"...

JLMannin
08-06-07, 12:26 PM

I clearly remember the Damon Hill in Oz incident - Schumacher checked his mirrors twice and made steering corrections to make sure he collected Hill.

TrueBrit
08-06-07, 12:28 PM
I clearly remember the Damon Hill in Oz incident - Schumacher checked his mirrors twice and made steering corrections to make sure he collected Hill.

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Gnam
08-06-07, 12:33 PM
Hamilton's interview answers were impressive. They were calm, but very aggressive, in effect calling Alonso a cheat and a liar.

Right after qualifying:
Q: By how much time did you miss getting in a second quick lap?
LH: I would think by the same amount of time that I was held up in the pit stop.

Sunday on the grid:
Q: Have you ever been told to hold in the pits?
A: Never.

F1's standard interview answer would have ignored the questions or been a bunch of babble about something else. Lewis saw an opportunity and attacked. Plus by keeping his anger in check, he was able to pull it off without sounding like a whiny two year old.

LH, he's like a linguistic ninja! ;)

formulaben
08-06-07, 03:55 PM
Hamilton's interview answers were impressive. They were calm, but very aggressive, in effect calling Alonso a cheat and a liar.

Right after qualifying:
Q: By how much time did you miss getting in a second quick lap?
LH: I would think by the same amount of time that I was held up in the pit stop.

Sunday on the grid:
Q: Have you ever been told to hold in the pits?
A: Never.

F1's standard interview answer would have ignored the questions or been a bunch of babble about something else. Lewis saw an opportunity and attacked. Plus by keeping his anger in check, he was able to pull it off without sounding like a whiny two year old.

LH, he's like a linguistic ninja! ;)

Indeed. Very smooth. He's starting to remind me of Senna in the sense that he's not only beating him on the track, but more so off the track.

oddlycalm
08-07-07, 06:07 AM
Alonso was silly to retaliate by holding Hamilton up. A much more mature (and effective) way to screw him would have been to simply do it by the numbers thereby forcing the team to confront Hamilton about ignoring the agreed upon qualifying order. Always let the other guy sink his own ship if is willing to. :D

Penalizing McLaren for "team orders" during qualifying was ridiculous. There is only one pit stall so only one driver will get that final seconds last lap. It's F1's pit rules that force the teams to make such decisions. What exactly are they supposed to do?

oc

Insomniac
08-07-07, 08:05 AM
What exactly are they supposed to do?

Leave when their pit stop is done? :)

Gnam
08-07-07, 04:19 PM
Alonso was silly to retaliate by holding Hamilton up. A much more mature (and effective) way to screw him would have been to simply do it by the numbers thereby forcing the team to confront Hamilton about ignoring the agreed upon qualifying order. Always let the other guy sink his own ship if is willing to. :D
oc
I think it was Hobbes who pointed out during the broadcast that Hamilton benefited the most from the penalty and was the instigator, leading one to the conclusion that he may have delibrately provoked Alonso into an overreaction. THAT would be some cutthroat strategery.

Insomniac
08-07-07, 04:31 PM
I think it was Hobbes who pointed out during the broadcast that Hamilton benefited the most from the penalty and was the instigator, leading one to the conclusion that he may have delibrately provoked Alonso into an overreaction. THAT would be some cutthroat strategery.

I don't think Hamilton can predict what Alonso would do to retaliate. He could've taken him out trying to pass in Q3 since that's what was agreed to before. It was a dumb penalty since the only person it may have possibly affected was Hamilton. It should've been left alone by the stewards and dealt with by the team.