PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NFL Foosball!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

dando
01-13-08, 10:08 PM
That was sweeeeeet. What's the over/under on how many martinis Jerry throws down tonight :D

12 x 2. *hick* :D

T'was allsome seeing Madame on the sideline @ the end. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-13-08, 11:18 PM
Skeletor will just spring for some more cosmetic surgery in the offseason to take away the sting.

Andrew Longman
01-13-08, 11:27 PM
12 x 2. *hick* :D

T'was allsome seeing Madame on the sideline @ the end. :thumbup:

-Kevin

He looked absolutely nausious on the sideline at game's end :rofl:

racermike
01-13-08, 11:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/ben_in_colorado/Image0113-1752TV13.jpg

Skeletor's love child

Andrew Longman
01-13-08, 11:35 PM
Thank you. Priceless. Saved permanently to my HD

Spicoli
01-14-08, 01:05 PM
Dungy leaving Indy???? :thumdown:

dando
01-14-08, 01:23 PM
Dungy leaving Indy???? :thumdown:

That might actually be a good thing. Get someone in there with some fire in their belly. Dungy always looks like he would crap diamonds if you stuck coal up his ass. Pete Carroll would be great with that team, IMHO. Anyway, my guess is it's 50/50.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/01/13/divisional/1.html

The Colts were a strange team this year. They flew under the radar for the second half of the season after losing to New England. It was almost like we were so sure this Patriots-Colts rematch was going to happen, we didn't pay attention to Indy's little flaws. At the end of the day Sunday, we tried to read the tea leaves on Dungy's future. I heard a few things. I heard he wasn't all that fired up about coming back this year, and did so at least partially at the behest of owner Jim Irsay. I've heard, as you may have, that he wants to enter the next phase of his life, perhaps in prison ministry work.

He said he would sit down with his wife and with Irsay soon "and we will come to a conclusion." As he walked off the podium, I asked him whether he thought when he left the field he was walking off as coach for the last time in his life. He smiled. "It might be," he said. "I don't know. I don't know yet."

I've heard Irsay really wants Dungy to stay one more year since the new retractable-roof stadium is opening down the street next fall. I guess there's something to be said for continuity entering a new era. But really, there's always some reason to delay a life decision. I hope if Dungy wants to start a new life, that the franchise doesn't try to talk him into doing something he really doesn't want to do.

-Kevin

dando
01-14-08, 01:25 PM

Skeletor's love child

More like this:

http://www.puppet.org/museum/pix/78.jpg

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-14-08, 01:29 PM
think you can make that pic any bigger?

Spicoli
01-14-08, 01:35 PM
Tony is on TV right now. jimmy wants him back, but we shall know here shortly.....

dando
01-14-08, 01:40 PM
think you can make that pic any bigger?

I figgered you'd want a poster size pic, yo. ;)

-Kevin

Spicoli
01-14-08, 01:57 PM
he says he needs to talk to his wife, will take one week to discuss it, and let you all know a week from today. Says he wants to be back.

Ankf00
01-14-08, 02:06 PM
the new GM did a pretty good job this year, I'd say. You knew Thrope Award winner and Longhorn badass A-Ross was going to deliver :cool: but Boss, Bradshaw, Geoff Pope, Adam Koetts, and now Steve Smith also putting in big minutes.

Insomniac
01-14-08, 03:34 PM
Good Karma still going for the Giants. :thumbup:

I think Dungy is done. I doubt Pete Carroll would go there, but as a Patriots fan (he coached there from 1997 - 1999), I hope he would! But he won't since Bill Polian will be the GM and he reportedly wants full control.

Spicoli
01-14-08, 05:32 PM
Good Karma still going for the Giants. :thumbup:

I think Dungy is done. I doubt Pete Carroll would go there, but as a Patriots fan (he coached there from 1997 - 1999), I hope he would! But he won't since Bill Polian will be the GM and he reportedly wants full control.

everyone is talking Cowher. :yuck:

RusH
01-14-08, 06:06 PM

Skeletor's love child

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/dfabi/CD0D9097C4484E8B95C18D13A5FAB6EB.gif

:D

Insomniac
01-14-08, 09:59 PM
everyone is talking Cowher. :yuck:

That sounds like wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see who gets it. So many guys keep/lose their jobs simply because the team can't find a QB. To have Manning means you have a great chance to succeed. It also has to be someone who will work with Polian shaping the roster. I doubt that's Cowher.

Andrew Longman
01-29-08, 05:50 PM
Bump

Season's not over you know.

Some teams are still playing :D

Go Giants!

Actually the Gmen are following their recurring script of talking too much. Yesterday they all showed up in black suits. Just STFU and stop drawing attention to yourselves. You don't win this Sunday, no one will remember you made the game,

Looking at the GB game there were seven plays that if they hadn't gone the Giants way they would have lost the game. Their margin for error is very small. Eli and the offense needs to be perfect and hang on to the ball for a long time. The D will need to knock Brady down all night and not give up the long ball.

But it is possible

Ankf00
01-29-08, 05:55 PM
plax needs to stfu post haste.

dando
01-29-08, 06:15 PM
Bump

Season's not over you know.

Some teams are still playing :D

Go Giants AND TAKE THE DAMN YANKEES WITH YA!

Actually the Gmen are following their recurring script of talking too much. Yesterday they all showed up in black suits. Just STFU and stop drawing attention to yourselves. You don't win this Sunday, no one will remember you made the game,

Looking at the GB game there were seven plays that if they hadn't gone the Giants way they would have lost the game. Their margin for error is very small. Eli and the offense needs to be perfect and hang on to the ball for a long time. The D will need to knock Brady down all night and not give up the long ball.

But it is possible

Fixerated that post of yers. :gomer:

It's gonna be painful rootin' fer the Gmen come Sunday. I may need to take a shower b4 and after the game. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-29-08, 11:17 PM
Yesterday they all showed up in black suits.

I just read they dressed that way for the Patriot's funeral.

But it really doesn't matter. Sure, it may amp up your opponent, but it doesn't magically make them better.

The media is funny too. If there are distractions and the team wins, they're able to turn that around and use it to their advantage. When they lose, it was because of distractions. How come sometimes they can be used to help and other they cause you to lose? And, coincidentally, distractions that hurt the team don't cause a win and vice versa. :)

Giants goals to win:
No turnovers.
Pass for a lot of yards (like Week 17).
Sack/Intercept Brady a lot.
Big Special Teams Play.

Patriots Goal to Win:
Play like they did for most of the season (TDs on 2/3+ of their drives)
Basically, don't screw up colossally.

Insomniac
01-30-08, 10:56 AM
Super Bowl XXXIV was the first super bowl broadcast in HD. The NFL Network is lame because they re-aired SB XXXVI (Pats-Rams) from the FOX broadcast, but only used the SD feed. Why? :confused:

RusH
01-31-08, 04:45 PM
Go Giants!!! :D ,,,dunno if this is over the top for OC...so I`ll link it too.

K2triiYXSY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8

Gnam
01-31-08, 04:52 PM

LOL out loud. Nice. :D :thumbup:

Don Quixote
01-31-08, 07:34 PM

That is genius! :rofl:

Insomniac
02-02-08, 12:44 AM
Well, courtesy of a Senator dying for attention, SpyGate is back. It dominated the NFL news today and Roger Goodell's state of the league press conference. Things looked up for the Patriot's with Goodell revealing more information about what was turned over and destroyed and how far back it seemed to go. He said unequivocally all the tapes were the same as the Jets one, it was confiscated in the first quarter of the first game and the Patriots never used it. He felt the entire season was not tainted as well. He also basically said he believed there was no competitive advantage and any coach that didn't change up signals was essentially stupid.

But now, there is Matt Walsh. He's making inferences that this goes way back, that he has proof and it will be bad for the NFL and Patriots. Just great. I was hoping this was done and the only people who'd keep bringing this up are people who basically felt there was a conspiracy and Goodell was a liar.

Well, now the Super Bowl has somehow been overshadowed. :flame:

Andrew Longman
02-02-08, 01:47 PM
The whole Goodell/Specter thing had me thinking we were talking about CIA torture tapes. :gomer: But it is odd they destroyed the tapes or that they even mentioned they destroyed them. Hmmm.

Howie Long said this week that he is certain that other have stolen signals and more. From the beginning it seemed the NFL wanted this story shut down and gone despite many unanswered questions.It seems almost certain that the Pats have been doing it for a long time, going back to when Mangini was there.

I suspect Mangini broke an unwritten rule of not ratting out another team in exchange for not getting ratted out themselves. (Hence the Pats not allowing them to put in the usual endzone cameras in Foxboro later)

Once it came out Goodell had to do something but I think his unstated message is just don't get caught.

dando
02-02-08, 05:17 PM
Howie Long said this week that he is certain that other have stolen signals and more. From the beginning it seemed the NFL wanted this story shut down and gone despite many unanswered questions.It seems almost certain that the Pats have been doing it for a long time, going back to when Mangini was there.

Duh. There's a reason why coaches cover their mouths these days, yo. Teams used to hire lip readers to snag the calls coaches made. It's just like sign stealing in baseball...it's all well and good until you get caught. :gomer: Specter's an arse for not bringing this up earlier. Shouldn't he be busy trying to fix that aid package legislation issue rather than opening up this can of worms? :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
02-02-08, 11:10 PM
The whole Goodell/Specter thing had me thinking we were talking about CIA torture tapes. :gomer: But it is odd they destroyed the tapes or that they even mentioned they destroyed them. Hmmm.

I suspect Mangini broke an unwritten rule of not ratting out another team in exchange for not getting ratted out themselves. (Hence the Pats not allowing them to put in the usual endzone cameras in Foxboro later)

Once it came out Goodell had to do something but I think his unstated message is just don't get caught.

They announced way back at the time they destroyed them though. And his reason was the same then. If anything surfaces, he knows the Patriots did not comply. Now that they're destroyed, I guess you have to take them at their word. But even if they saved them, people can still just make up/berlieve whatever conspiracy theory they want.

Jimmy Johnson said he was told about it when he was coaching the Cowboys by a Kansas City coach who was doing it. He said he didn't think he would get anything out of it so he didn't bother to do it.

I'm a Patriots fan, so you can think my opinion is homerism if you want. First, the Patriots got what they deserved for blatantly breaking the rules, whether it helped or not.

At the end of the day, there is simply no way that a tape can be broken down and analyzed in the 12 minutes of halftime. The purpose of recording it is to play it back multiple times. If they had a rain man that could break it down that quickly, he wouldn't need a tape. If a team didn't change their signals from week to week, they were idiots, especially given how many people keep saying there have been rumors for a long time that the Patriots did this.

Insomniac
02-02-08, 11:11 PM
Duh. There's a reason why coaches cover their mouths these days, yo. Teams used to hire lip readers to snag the calls coaches made. It's just like sign stealing in baseball...it's all well and good until you get caught. :gomer: Specter's an arse for not bringing this up earlier. Shouldn't he be busy trying to fix that aid package legislation issue rather than opening up this can of worms? :irked:

-Kevin

It's all well and good until you video tape it. ;)

pchall
02-03-08, 01:08 PM
Well, now the Super Bowl has somehow been overshadowed. :flame:

Well, considering this is probably the least anticipated Stupor Bowl since the Pats/Bears game following the '85 season it could easily be outviewed by a banned godaddy.com commercial on YouTube.

I hope that there is some golf to nap through this afternoon. Heck, I'd almost be thankful for a NASCRAP 4 pm start.

:tony:

Andrew Longman
02-03-08, 01:22 PM
Well, considering this is probably the least anticipated Stupor Bowl since the Pats/Bears game...

Really? Seriously?

A professional team has a chance to go 20-0. A team has a chance to win 11 road games to confound them. The ultimate underdogs with a coach and QB under siege. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/02/nothing_like_underdogs_for_the_1.html

When the Bears and Pats played in 85 I went winter camping in the Pine Barrens and came home in freezing rain in time to see the second half. My only interest was that I won $500 in a football pool.

This somehow seems so much different. But outside of NY maybe not.

Ankf00
02-03-08, 01:28 PM
19-0 has plenty of folks' interest over here

dando
02-03-08, 01:42 PM
Well, considering this is probably the least anticipated Stupor Bowl since the Pats/Bears game following the '85 season it could easily be outviewed by a banned godaddy.com commercial on YouTube.

I hope that there is some golf to nap through this afternoon. Heck, I'd almost be thankful for a NASCRAP 4 pm start.

It's actually projected to be one of the most watched evar, Pete. And yes, there is golf on after an AMA cycle race on CBS. Sadly, it's the FBR in Phoenix, which is like a giant tailgate party (they had 160K there yesterday :eek:) and not conducive for napping. YMMV.

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-03-08, 02:05 PM
is sam madison still out? Corey Webster's been pretty hoss (other than the Driver TD), but we need the bodies against a shotgun spread.

dando
02-03-08, 02:14 PM
is sam madison still out? Corey Webster's been pretty hoss (other than the Driver TD), but we need the bodies against a shotgun spread.

Only Plax and Osi were on the injured list. Sam played vs. the Pack. Haven't heard anything more about the flu bug since Ross hurled on the flight to Phoenix.

http://www.giants.com/gameday/Injuries.html

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
02-03-08, 05:06 PM
Really? Seriously?

A professional team has a chance to go 20-0. A team has a chance to win 11 road games to confound them. The ultimate underdogs with a coach and QB under siege. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/02/nothing_like_underdogs_for_the_1.html

When the Bears and Pats played in 85 I went winter camping in the Pine Barrens and came home in freezing rain in time to see the second half. My only interest was that I won $500 in a football pool.

This somehow seems so much different. But outside of NY maybe not.

20-0? Are they playing USC next weekend?

dando
02-03-08, 05:16 PM
20-0? Are they playing USC next weekend?

No. Georgia. They apparently feel left out of the Super Bowl as well as the BC$ Championship. :gomer:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8424-College_Football-College_FB_Playoffs_Georgia_Legislature_an_Embarra ssment_to_America-020208

Yesterday, the Georgia House, the legislative branch of the state of Georgia, voted 151-9 in favor of a resolution in favor of the NCAA to create a college playoff for FBS college football, formerly known as Division I-A.

:saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-03-08, 06:04 PM
I'm off to my sister-in-law's to watch the game. Her husband is at the game.

My mother-in-law will be there too (not Phoenix, at her daughter's house)

Got my game face on. Focued and ready to kick ass. Will not let any dumb ass remark by the MiL throw me off.

Shock the World Baby!!!

dando
02-03-08, 08:53 PM
:eek:

Totally unexpected. I expected more of a shootout.

-Kevin

dando
02-03-08, 11:03 PM
18-1, biotch. Suck it. :laugh: Classic. :thumbup:

<real buck>I don't believe what I just saw!</real buck>

-Kevin

extramundane
02-03-08, 11:04 PM
Wow.

:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
02-03-08, 11:09 PM
Ha, ha, ha...........mini-manning to plexiglass...............suck it cheaters. :D

dando
02-03-08, 11:11 PM

Whatcha think now, Pete? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-03-08, 11:32 PM
holy.

balls.

nrc
02-03-08, 11:37 PM
Wow. Hats off to the Giants. The Pats may be one of the best teams ever but the Giants played one of the best games ever.

It's a shame that the MVP award couldn't go to the entire Giants defense. That's who really won the game for them.

dando
02-03-08, 11:48 PM
It's a shame that the MVP award couldn't go to the entire Giants defense. That's who really won the game for them.

There are too many worthy of MVP for this classic. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-04-08, 12:05 AM
the D-line. top to bottom, even the rookie

Ankf00
02-04-08, 12:12 AM
http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Championship-Englands-Unbeatable/dp/1600781500/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201611908&sr=1-1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PBEqYnFyL._AA240_.jpg

rabbit
02-04-08, 12:18 AM
FAIL

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RusH
02-04-08, 12:27 AM
The Giants defense, hmm...no words can describe it ...definitely one for the ages.

Tiki Barber is on suicide watch. :rofl: :D

THE GIANTS RULE>>>>>>>>YO!!!!!!

http://blogs.timesunion.com/tablehopping/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/giants-helmet.gif

Screw Kraft:thumdown: 19-0 my ass. Dolphins win too, IMO.

IlliniRacer
02-04-08, 12:35 AM
<DarrylHammondAsSeanConnery>Suck It Bellichek </DarrylHammondAsSeanConnery>

Ankf00
02-04-08, 12:55 AM
suck it long, and suck it hard. [/celebjeopardy]

TravelGal
02-04-08, 01:02 AM
GO G MEN!

Holy cow. I still can hardly believe it. In fact, the further I get from the game, the harder it is to believe. WHAT a game! My heart was pounding out of my chest for the last 10 minutes.

TravelGuy is ecstatic. Happy times in the Travel household tonight.

:high fives Andrew: :and Ank: :D :D

Sean Malone
02-04-08, 01:09 AM
Great game! Had a housefull all cheering for the G Men. Really drunk right now but had to check the forums. How f'd up is that? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rabbit
02-04-08, 01:22 AM
And what was with Belichek running onto the field and then to the lockerroom before the game was officially over?! Genius coach? Maybe. Sore loser and poor sportsman? Definitely. :thumdown:

Ankf00
02-04-08, 01:22 AM
i dogpiled the dogs :D

Dr. Corkski
02-04-08, 01:48 AM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/668/epicfaildp9.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8576/181inignottoonzxf5.jpg

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 08:28 AM
18-1!!!

Brady put down 18 times! Needed a jacuzzi full of ice for the flight home.

That was one for the ages. Epic. Simply willed themselves a victory. Would not quit. :D :thumbup:

WOW

Cam
02-04-08, 08:50 AM
Was on at my local here tonight. Flat boring for the first 3. (Fortunately that's when the local news was on). Even knowing the result that last 1/4 was absolutely riveting That final stand by Eli was incredible!

Screw the Pats! Brady, BillB et al can DIAF. Everyone even here was for the Gints.. (Just for Longman ;)) Cheating bastards!

KaBoom21
02-04-08, 09:13 AM
Which was worse: going for it on 4th and 13 from the 31 or that godawful red hoodie?

TKGAngel
02-04-08, 09:15 AM
I'm happy that the Giants won last night, but at the same time, I'm pissed, since the Patriots last touchdown gave me the numbers I needed to win my pool.

BillB was redefining the concept of poor sport. You lost, you're pissed, we get it. Every other coach that's lost the game has managed an interview that didn't sound like they were pouting.

At the start of the season, did anyone expect to hear the words "Eli Manning, Super Bowl MVP?"

Insomniac
02-04-08, 10:31 AM
Congratulations to all the Giants Fans.

Defense wins championships. Belichick probably should've known that. ;)

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki-w4KYpnuw

dando
02-04-08, 11:26 AM
FYI, that field in Glendale is definitely cursed. Four major games played there and four major upsets: Boise > Okie, Gators > Bucks, WVU > Okie, Gmen > Pats.

-Kevin

dando
02-04-08, 11:30 AM
Congratulations to all the Giants Fans.

Defense wins championships. Belichick probably should've known that. ;)

Well that and a consistent running game helps. You could just feel that something was up when the Pats didn't take advantage of the TOs. That and some of the most pull it out of your ass plays I've ever seen.

It'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes from the Pats in the off season. Teddy, Moss, Harrison, Seau...could be a major defensive overhaul coming.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 11:30 AM
FYI, that field in Glendale is definitely cursed. Four major games played there and four major upsets: Boise > Okie, Gators > Bucks, WVU > Okie, Gmen > Pats.

-Kevin

Wow. In all the hype in the two week run up to the game I never heard that.

dando
02-04-08, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki-w4KYpnuw

Or like this:

ki-w4KYpnuw

-Kevin

dando
02-04-08, 11:37 AM
Wow. In all the hype in the two week run up to the game I never heard that.

I actually thought of the myself listening/watching to Mike & Mike this AM. The idiot doing the updates during the breaks kept using Goters > OSU as the milestone upset from last year. :flame: I kept thinking, you're missing the forest for the trees, you moron. :irked:

Anyway, to his credit, the pompous, arrogant bastige that is The Herd also mentioned it this AM...as well as the Yankees meltdown in AZ a couple of years ago. It's not good to be the favorite in AZ (also OSU > Thugs in '03 Fiesta Bowl). The Herd was pounding NYG fan last Friday. Eat it, Herd! :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-04-08, 12:54 PM
Brady put down 18 times! Needed a jacuzzi full of ice for the flight home. and that's not including the sacks. :thumbup:

Seriously, how the f did Eli end up MVP? The jump ball to Tyree was great, but it all started and ended w/ that d-line.

dando
02-04-08, 01:11 PM
and that's not including the sacks. :thumbup:

Seriously, how the f did Eli end up MVP? The jump ball to Tyree was great, but it all started and ended w/ that d-line.

The entire front 7 in reality. They managed to mitigate that wanker Ross. :gomer: The delayed blitzes by the LBs were perfect.

Speaking of perfect (here's one for Longman):

tZcdYMHmcz4&NR=1

-Kevin

TravelGal
02-04-08, 01:28 PM
^^^^ Holy cow! Someone at Reebok must be a believer. To spend the money to do that before the game.........

One thing not getting much press is the officiating. I noticed early on that one of refs went directly over to a Patriot who tried to push around a Giant (Smith it might have been). The ref was obviously saying in no uncertain terms not to try that #### or there would be penalties. I saw it a few more times throughout the game. That and the lack of excessive flags tossed by the refs allowed us to watch a game develop not a sandlot fight. Well done, for once, zeebahs.

dando
02-04-08, 01:37 PM
^^^^ Holy cow! Someone at Reebok must be a believer. To spend the money to do that before the game.........

One thing not getting much press is the officiating. I noticed early on that one of refs went directly over to a Patriot who tried to push around a Giant (Smith it might have been). The ref was obviously saying in no uncertain terms not to try that #### or there would be penalties. I saw it a few more times throughout the game. That and the lack of excessive flags tossed by the refs allowed us to watch a game develop not a sandlot fight. Well done, for once, zeebahs.

I'm sure they had two versions of that ad ready to go based on the outcome. I guess they can shelve the population 2 version with the 19-0 book. :gomer:

re: officiating...Peter King mentioned him in his weekly column (best foosball read on the innerweb, IMO):

k. Mike Carey's crew did a good and very unobtrusive job.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/04/Giants/index.html?bcnn=yes

I recall seeing players pushing each other in the first half during a punt, and the Pats player slapped the Gints player upside his helmet. The ref stepped in to separate them and didn't throw a flag. :thumbup: However, @ the moment I was complaining that a flag wasn't thrown. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-04-08, 01:44 PM
They managed to mitigate that wanker Ross. :gomer:

diaf :flame:

Sean O'Gorman
02-04-08, 02:00 PM

-Kevin

Also, the Cardinals have a few wins there. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 02:02 PM
and that's not including the sacks. :thumbup:

Actually 13 knock downs, 5 sacks, 12 hits after the throw. But the Alford hit could only be better if it was Leonard Marshall-knocking-out-Montana like.

Don't discount all those third down completions Eli had. They kept a lot of drives alive and kept Brady on the bench to ice his bruises. But I gotta agree. My vote for the MVP was the front seven on D (inluding all the linemen they rotated in.

dando
02-04-08, 02:03 PM
Also, the Cardinals have a few wins there. :gomer:

Yes, I enjoyed watching the Brownies lose there in December. :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 02:03 PM
Or like this:

-Kevin

Thanks. I didn't know how to do that. :)

Methanolandbrats
02-04-08, 02:07 PM
Welker was fun to watch in the open field, used some soccer moves :thumbup:

Insomniac
02-04-08, 02:18 PM
Well that and a consistent running game helps. You could just feel that something was up when the Pats didn't take advantage of the TOs. That and some of the most pull it out of your ass plays I've ever seen.

It'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes from the Pats in the off season. Teddy, Moss, Harrison, Seau...could be a major defensive overhaul coming.

-Kevin

There were just so many odd things in that game. The Giants wanted it more. You could just see it. This is the first time I just watched the game and was dumbfounded by the Patriots. They didn't switch to hurry-up or run draw plays to counter-act the pass rush. Passed on a 49-50 yard FG to go for it on 4th and 13. Maybe they should've practiced FGs instead of going for it on 4th down when winning by 20. No shots down field to Moss until there was 30 seconds left? He was a highlight reel for getting the ball with 2 defenders on him. I was shocked they lost. They almost always stop the other team from getting that last score to win. Amazing that Eli got out of the Patriots grasp and that was an amazing catch by Tyree. He had that TD and that huge catch.

Don't forget Asante Samuel should hit the jackpot. I doubt they pick up the Donte' Stallworth option. Gaffney (although invisible in the Super Bowl) is a free agent. Troy Brown was inactive, but he may be done. Randall Gay (Nickel CB) is a free agent as well. There will be a lot of changes. Who knows if Belichick will even be the coach next year even.

Insomniac
02-04-08, 02:23 PM
Actually 13 knock downs, 5 sacks, 12 hits after the throw. But the Alford hit could only be better if it was Leonard Marshall-knocking-out-Montana like.

Don't discount all those third down completions Eli had. They kept a lot of drives alive and kept Brady on the bench to ice his bruises. But I gotta agree. My vote for the MVP was the front seven on D (inluding all the linemen they rotated in.

I thought on that one throw where they got his arm in 2 places that was it. Delhomme type of elbow destruction. I'm still not sure how he didn't get hurt. The Pats had the same 3rd down conversion rate. The stats are actually surprisngly similar. They pretty much reflected the final score. The Giants had a slight edge and won by 3. I'm sure that game was quite highly rated.

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 02:27 PM
Amazing that Eli got out of the Patriots grasp and that was an amazing catch by Tyree. He had that TD and that huge catch.

Here in NY the talk is how to name that play:

Immaculate Reception = Franco Harris
Hail Mary = Stuabach/Pearson
The Catch = Montana/Clark
??? = Manning/Tyree

The hard part is that both ends of the play were amazing

It may just become The Play

dando
02-04-08, 02:35 PM

??? = Manning/Tyree

I view it as happy birthday to Eli. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-04-08, 02:37 PM
almost as crazy as Prothro's grab vs. S.Miss a couple years ago

53imC4zojfc

They didn't switch to hurry-up or run draw plays to counter-act the pass rush...

No shots down field to Moss until there was 30 seconds left? He was a highlight reel for getting the ball with 2 defenders on him.

was surprised w/ no hurry up, but w/ the rush game going nowhere I think going to screens to counter the speed was a good move, don't think they should've abandoned the run so quickly, but they are a spread passing team first. with moss, he just came up mostly empty down the stretch run, plus Webster's been playing out of his mind the past month. thought moss would break out of the slump, but glad he didnt :)

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 02:51 PM
Yesterday afternoon, just to get my gameface I watched Cinderella Man in the afternoon and channelled this:

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4p9ATW3vuWU&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4p9ATW3vuWU&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Can't wait to see the updated version

dando
02-04-08, 02:54 PM
Let's have another look, shall we?

e5BWzoyzVbc

Oh, and what was up with the f-ing game clock on Fox? The damn clock froze up several times during the game. Excruciatingly aggravating when I was trying to will seconds and minutes off the clock. :) That and the constant blathering on rather than showing a few replays really pizzled me off. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
02-04-08, 02:54 PM
Longman fixerated his post. Teaching old dogs new trick is a tough job.

*runs*

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 03:03 PM
<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/idhScNpaTnk&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/idhScNpaTnk&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

OK, I'm out of control. But just watch this. 22 years later is there any player today or since that can produce anything like this highlight reel? Naming that guy in SD LT is absurd.

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 04:02 PM
Longman fixerated his post. Teaching old dogs new trick is a tough job.

*runs*

-Kevin

Actually I still don't know what I'm doing. Dumb luck at this point :gomer:

Insomniac
02-04-08, 04:10 PM

??? = Manning/Tyree

How about the Patriots can't sack a QB. ;)

Insomniac
02-04-08, 04:15 PM
was surprised w/ no hurry up, but w/ the rush game going nowhere I think going to screens to counter the speed was a good move, don't think they should've abandoned the run so quickly, but they are a spread passing team first. with moss, he just came up mostly empty down the stretch run, plus Webster's been playing out of his mind the past month. thought moss would break out of the slump, but glad he didnt :)

Screens were a proper counter, but the Giants are so good at defending it. They shed the o=-line blocks pretty fast and get the tackle. That's why I was thinking draw plays. I only saw one and it had a good gain, but then the TE held on the play. I'm not sure if Brady just didn't have time or what, but he didn't look at Moss too often, and he overthrew/underthrew when Moss was able to get open. He beat the secondary a couple times. It's just inexplicable the team that supposedly made adjustments better than anyone didn't make enough, or really play like the team they were earlier in the season. I never saw them go big, or get Brady more protection. They were all dumbfounded out there, and credit the Giants, they outplayed the Patriots, which is usually rare and only left to Shanahan. ;)

Insomniac
02-04-08, 04:16 PM
Oh, and what was up with the f-ing game clock on Fox? The damn clock froze up several times during the game. Excruciatingly aggravating when I was trying to will seconds and minutes off the clock. :) That and the constant blathering on rather than showing a few replays really pizzled me off. :irked:

The clock operator was a Giants fan. ;)

dando
02-04-08, 05:29 PM
97mm peeps were watching. Most ever for a SB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3229763

The New York Giants' thrilling win over New England was the most-watched Super Bowl ever with 97.5 million viewers, a total that is second only to the "M*A*S*H" finale audience, Nielsen Media Research said Monday.

The game eclipsed the previous Super Bowl record of 94.08 million, set when Dallas defeated Pittsburgh in 1996. The final "M*A*S*H" episode, which drew 106 million viewers in 1983, is the only other show in American broadcast history watched by more people

An eye-popping 81 percent of all TV sets on in the Boston area Sunday were tuned in to the game. In New York, the audience share was 67 percent.

-Kevin

stroker
02-04-08, 07:24 PM
I would think the question isn't how many sets in the Boston area were tuned to the game--it's how many sets are still functioning today after having crap thrown at them?

;)

TravelGal
02-04-08, 07:28 PM
I'm sure they had two versions of that ad ready to go based on the outcome. I guess they can shelve the population 2 version with the 19-0 book. :gomer:

re: officiating...Peter King mentioned him in his weekly column (best foosball read on the innerweb, IMO):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/04/Giants/index.html?bcnn=yes

I recall seeing players pushing each other in the first half during a punt, and the Pats player slapped the Gints player upside his helmet. The ref stepped in to separate them and didn't throw a flag. :thumbup: However, @ the moment I was complaining that a flag wasn't thrown. :)

-Kevin

LOL! Us too re: complaining. Yeah, I was sure Reebok made the 19-0 version, I'm just amazed they made the 18-1 version.

I see there will be a ticker tape parade tomorrow. Wish I could be there.

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 07:32 PM
Peter King, sick as a dog, put up a good one today:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/04/Giants/index.html?eref=si_topstories

"As Mike Tyson would say, 'Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.' "

--Michael Strahan, after the Giants punched Tom Brady in the face for most of Super Bowl XLII.

David Tyree became this year's Max McGee.

True. A special teams star but only a 4th-5th receiver.

The aw-shucks kid will own New York now the way Derek Jeter owns it, because Eli overcame massive criticism and led an underdog team to a Super Bowl title.

Disagree. Jeter has never given reason for criticism. Eli is more like Simms who faced a ton of criticism from day one and like Simms (and every sucessful NYC athlete including Jeter) doesn't believe the headlines, is workman-like, and never gets too high or too low after any game.

Frankly, for NYC, Eli is much better suited for the city than Peyton.

No one will ask to run Eli out of town anymore, but they will easily boo him if he doesn't win. No one is safe in this town

Ankf00
02-04-08, 07:40 PM
No one is safe in this town why? are the germans going to invade frenchtown? :D

Andrew Longman
02-04-08, 07:40 PM
However, @ the moment I was complaining that a flag wasn't thrown. :)

-Kevin

Me too. I asked how many times does he have to hit him in the head to draw a flag. More than three it seems.

But a well called/played game. Giants had delay, interference and too many men penalties. Pats a hold and a number of false starts. All clear penalties. Toomer's hands to the face could easily have gone as offensive interference on that toe tap sideline catch, but it didn't change the game because the Giants turned it over right after that.

The teams played tough but clean and disciplined and there were no silly blows to the head stuff on QBs. Its a rough sport. Someone is going to get a grass stain. :D

Only thing I can think of is NE SHOULD have held more

dando
02-04-08, 07:43 PM
Peter King, sick as a dog, put up a good one today:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/04/Giants/index.html?eref=si_topstories

Thank God he didn't end up like Pasquarelli:

c. Len Pasquarelli, the ESPN.com football writer extraordinaire, gave incredible meaning to "playing hurt" this weekend. I noticed at the Pro Football Hall of Fame voting Saturday that Lenny seemed ill, and he was unusually quiet. He left the voting, wrote a story for his Web site on the latest failed bid to get Paul Tagliabue elected, then checked into a local hospital ... to find that he had five blocked arteries. He had quintuple bypass surgery Sunday. That is one tough dude. Your peers really admire you, Len. Get well soon.

BTW, each of King's columns are excellent. Just goes to show that something decent can originate from NJ. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
02-04-08, 09:22 PM
But a well called/played game. Giants had delay, interference and too many men penalties. Pats a hold and a number of false starts. All clear penalties. Toomer's hands to the face could easily have gone as offensive interference on that toe tap sideline catch, but it didn't change the game because the Giants turned it over right after that.

I'll point out one clear mistake. On the Ben Watson false start, he was reacting to a Giants player moving toward the line of scrimmage. (No bearing on that drive because the Pats got a first down anyway.)