PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NFL Foosball!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

jcollins28
12-30-07, 05:35 PM
The thing about Emmitt vs Barry is that Emmitt was more consistent than spectacular, he somehow avg 15 starts a season! Simply amazing at his position. For an avg of 1,224 yards annually. You could set a clock to the guys production. He was damn near automatic. In the later years of Emmitt's career I really do not think he gets enough credit. A Lot of people point to a so called "dominating" Dallas offensive line for Emmitt's work. While Dallas did have a massive O line in the early 90's age and free agency took a massive toll on that unit later on. The thing that separates the Smith vs Sanders to me is their heart. Seeing Emmitt come out and play that second half game against the Giants with a SEPARATED SHOULDER is legendary. Also in 93 when he missed the first two games yet came back to win the rushing title league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Sanders never came close to showing that type of heart on the field IMHO.

extramundane
12-30-07, 05:41 PM
Hey, Tiki just did Project Runway. Based on his demeanor on that show, I can't see him doing DWTS. The clothes and concept would be way too flamboyant for him. Not to mention he has a gig on the Today show, which is on a competing network.

I grew up with the Barber brothers and I can assure you that their mother would smack the bejeezus out of them if either one showed up on DWTS.

Ankf00
12-30-07, 05:46 PM
The thing about Emmitt vs Barry is that Emmitt was more consistent than spectacular, he somehow avg 15 starts a season! Simply amazing at his position. For an avg of 1,224 yards annually. You could set a clock to the guys production. He was damn near automatic. In the later years of Emmitt's career I really do not think he gets enough credit. A Lot of people point to a so called "dominating" Dallas offensive line for Emmitt's work. While Dallas did have a massive O line in the early 90's age and free agency took a massive toll on that unit later on. The thing that separates the Smith vs Sanders to me is their heart. Seeing Emmitt come out and play that second half game against the Giants with a SEPARATED SHOULDER is legendary. Also in 93 when he missed the first two games yet came back to win the rushing title league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Sanders never came close to showing that type of heart on the field IMHO.

now do you guys see what I mean? ^^^

Barry showed that heart every time he busted what shoulda been -5 yards for 10

Andrew Longman
12-30-07, 05:48 PM
...he's secretly hoping Tiki does it next. Prolly you, too

I'm a Giant fan. If Tiki does it I'd hope he drops his partner and trips over her on the first dance.

But if he does do it maybe he could do for the Today show what Helio no doubt has done for the IRL.

jcollins28
12-30-07, 05:57 PM
now do you guys see what I mean? ^^^

Barry showed that heart every time he busted what shoulda been -5 yards for 10

That's weak did he play through injuries like Smith? Did he show that "heart" when he unceremoniously quit on his team?

Ankf00
12-30-07, 06:28 PM
I forgot about the rule where a player can only leave the league when his body's broken in half.

Barry played behind a line worse than what Emmitt lined up behind in Gainesville, and still put up the numbers. And since when is playing through injury something uncommon in the NFL? Let alone the RB position? :laugh: Barry played with plenty of heart at Okie St, and w/ plenty of heart in Detroit, ripping him on that is laughable.

jcollins28
12-30-07, 06:47 PM
I forgot about the rule where a player can only leave the league when his body's broken in half.

Barry played behind a line worse than what Emmitt lined up behind in Gainesville, and still put up the numbers. And since when is playing through injury something uncommon in the NFL? Let alone the RB position? :laugh: Barry played with plenty of heart at Okie St, and w/ plenty of heart in Detroit, ripping him on that is laughable.

I'm ripping on him just as much as you are at diminishing Emmitt. To say that a NFL o line is worse then a college line is laughable at best. Of course every NFL player has heart. Does Emmitt have the speed that Barry has? No way in hell did he ever have that. Did you ever see Barry flat out leave it all out on the field like Emmitt did? I just do not think these things are comparable. Call it pain threshold or what ever you want. When you see a R/B come back into a game with a separated shoulder that is something that you just do not see. Had it not been for Emmitt coming back into that game against the Giants. I doubt that the Cowboys win that game and it was a huge moment in sports.

BTW with a separated shoulder Emmitt carried the ball 13 times for 59 yards and catch four passes to lead Dallas to a crucial 16-13 overtime victory that clinched the NFC East title, home-field advantage in the playoffs and a third straight rushing title and a Super Bowl victory.

They both did things very well but as a over all look at the position running/blocking catching passes Emmitt was better. Pure blazing runner Barry wins hands down. Emmitt did it all though.

Ankf00
12-30-07, 06:51 PM
Saying Barry Sanders was a better back isn't diminishing Emmitt unless you're a cowboys fan. That game vs. the Giants was a great one for him, but a "great moment in sports?" Really? Adrian Peterson played w/ a seperated shoulder in college too, that's not why he's such a badass.

Andrew Longman
12-30-07, 07:04 PM
BTW with a separated shoulder Emmitt carried the ball 13 times for 59 yards and catch four passes to lead Dallas to a crucial 16-13 overtime victory that clinched the NFC East title, home-field advantage in the playoffs and a third straight rushing title and a Super Bowl victory.

Sadly, Emmitt left the impression through his career that his numbers were the thing he cared about most. What other player from day one collected every football he scored with? Even built a special room in his house for them.

Barry made it clear he listened to his father who told him he did not score by himself and he certainly should act as if he's been there before and will be there again.

Insomniac
12-30-07, 07:49 PM
Emmitt has the rings and stats too.

Right, I thought that's what you were saying. Emmitt has the stats and rings, but you watch Barry play and feel he's clearly better. That's why I said Brady/Manning was a more fair comparison. Barry was on a crappy team and retired early, but in my view, he looked like a better runner. Before, Brady had the rings, but not the stats (some would argue if Manning had that defense...). Then Manning got the ring while having the stats. Now Brady got the stats as well. They've both been at it for a few years now. Manning and Brady are at the top. I always thought Brady was better and there are the objective facts now that weren't there before.

Insomniac
12-30-07, 07:50 PM
So he's always drunk? He's rich. I guess he's entitled.

I'm not a good judge on whether someone is drunk or not unless they're slurring speech and stumbling about. Kraft sounded the same to me as he always has. I doubt he was drunk.

Ankf00
12-30-07, 09:28 PM
Brady's still an all-time great either way.

Lets go University of Texas at Nashville!!! :D

nrc
12-31-07, 12:59 AM
Hope Young can get ready for next week but I don't give the Titan's much chance against the Chargers.

Ankf00
12-31-07, 01:14 AM
The Titans are unwatchable. :shakehead

TravelGal
12-31-07, 02:30 AM
The Titans are unwatchable. :shakehead

Absolutely. And not just because I'm a Chargers fan. That game tonight was enough to make one toss one's cookies.

Irony of life: I'll be in Tampa next weekend but not to see the Giants play the Bucs. I'll be visiting my mom! Funny that it just happened to work out that way. So near and yet so far.

Andrew Longman
12-31-07, 09:46 AM
Pats/Giants drew 34.5 million viewers nationally. Most for a regular season game since Chiefs/Boys in 95.

Pulled a 24 with a 40 share in NY. Pulled a 50 and a 75 share in Boston!

Cripes!

Sean O'Gorman
12-31-07, 10:03 AM
Sad to think that the Browns were eliminated by Kerry Collins. :p

Also, I must say, I'm not that impressed with the Patriots. We all know they wouldn't have gone undefeated in the glorious SEC. :rolleyes:

dando
12-31-07, 11:30 AM
Also, I must say, I'm not that impressed with the Patriots. We all know they wouldn't have gone undefeated in the glorious SEC. :rolleyes:

SEC speed, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

rabbit
12-31-07, 12:03 PM
And the Pats have never beaten an SEC team in a bowl game.

Sean O'Gorman
12-31-07, 12:16 PM
So as OSU fans, are we supposed to be cheering for Michigan this week, and chanting B-I-G-T-E-N if they win?

dando
12-31-07, 02:02 PM
So as OSU fans, are we supposed to be cheering for Michigan this week, and chanting B-I-G-T-E-N if they win?

I always cheer for Big 10+1 teams in bowl games. UM and the Illini don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning their games, tho. Those games have the largest spreads of any of the bowl games (10.5 and 13.5). :(

Back on topic...good news is that Big D won't be getting a top twenty pick for the Quinn trade (pretty close to a wash @ 22), and the Pats are outside the top 5 (7 or 8). :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-31-07, 02:28 PM

if you're an SEC fan, say SC or Auburn or 'bama, you're supposed to txt all your big televen friends at Indiana, Wisky, and Minny if UF beats UM. Well I don't know if you're supposed to, but it's what they do. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-31-07, 02:29 PM
And the Pats have never beaten an SEC team in a bowl game.

and no one's ever won at the 'shoe at night. ;)

I see you're enjoying it with the shoe on the other foot :)

Insomniac
12-31-07, 02:49 PM
Back on topic...good news is that Big D won't be getting a top twenty pick for the Quinn trade (pretty close to a wash @ 22), and the Pats are outside the top 5 (7 or 8). :gomer:

Looks like 7th to me. So there goes the #2 for Marion Jones and the two Dallas picks. :)

Looking way ahead, the Pats are likely to lose Asante Samuel. Poor Hobbs, the guy is scrappy, but overmatched a lot (did you guys see him try to shove Plaxico Saturday and Plaxico just pushed him to the ground?). They could use a good cover corner.

Linebackers are getting old as well. I thought there was no way they would use the #2 pick. I can't see them paying anyone more than Brady or Seymour, including Asante Samuel. Last year's #7 (Adrian Peterson) got 5yrs/$40.5M, $17M guaranteed. Brady is playing under a 6yr/$60M ($24M guaranteed) and Seymour is playing under a 3yr/$27M extension ($18M guaranteed). They could use that pick, but I'm not sure what position they value that much.

dando
12-31-07, 03:10 PM
Looks like 7th to me. So there goes the #2 for Marion Jones and the two Dallas picks. :)

SF is tied with Bmore @ 5-11, so it depends on how that gets resolved. Coin flip?

-Kevin

nrc
12-31-07, 03:19 PM
SF is tied with Bmore @ 5-11, so it depends on how that gets resolved. Coin flip?

-Kevin

Strength of schedule.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

1 Miami Dolphins
2 St. Louis Rams
3 Atlanta Falcons
4 Oakland Raiders
5 Kansas City Chiefs
6 New York Jets
7 San Francisco 49ers
8 Baltimore Ravens
9 Cincinnati Bengals
10 New Orleans Saints
11 Buffalo Bills
12 Denver Broncos

Insomniac
12-31-07, 04:12 PM
By the way, I can't believe they didn't address a rookie salary scale in the last CBA negotiation. It's crazy that the #1 pick will get guaranteed money right near Peyton Manning's current record $34.5M. Calvin Johnson had more guaranteed to him than T.O. will make in his 3-year deal with Dallas.

Gnam
12-31-07, 04:26 PM
Happy New Year! Get the ---- out.
FIRED
1. Ravens - Coach, Billick
2. Miami - GM, Mueller
(not yet announced)
3. Pathers - Coach, John Fox
4. 49ers - Coach, Nolan
5. Miami - Coach, Cameron

any others...

Insomniac
12-31-07, 06:05 PM
FIRED
1. Ravens - Coach, Billick
2. Miami - GM, Mueller
(not yet announced)
3. Pathers - Coach, John Fox
4. 49ers - Coach, Nolan
5. Miami - Coach, Cameron

any others...

RESIGNED
Atlanta - Coach, Bobby Petrino
Buffalo - GM, Marv Levy

EFFECTIVELY BEING REPLACED
Atlanta - GM, Rich McKay

TKGAngel
12-31-07, 07:38 PM
Buffalo - GM, Marv Levy

Marv's resignation hit the fan after the game yesterday. The Bills PR guy was ambushed at the airport by the media, as the resignation was not supposed to be public knowledge until later this week.

Between Marv resigning, the players ripping the offense, and the offensive coordinator leaving for Colorado State, its going to be a fun offseason.

dando
12-31-07, 08:04 PM
Marv's resignation hit the fan after the game yesterday. The Bills PR guy was ambushed at the airport by the media, as the resignation was not supposed to be public knowledge until later this week.

Between Marv resigning, the players ripping the offense, and the offensive coordinator leaving for Colorado State, its going to be a fun offseason.

And add that to the Campbell contract situation for dayglo Sabres fans. :gomer: Enjoy the game tomorrow, BTW. :cool:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-31-07, 08:18 PM
And add that to the Campbell contract situation for dayglo Sabres fans. :gomer: Enjoy the game tomorrow, BTW. :cool:

-Kevin

I love Campbell (when I don't want to throw something at the TV because of him), but he's not worth $6 mil a year.

I wasn't able to get tickets for tomorrow's game, so I'll be enjoying it from my couch. Outdoor hockey in HD, what could be better?

Andrew Longman
12-31-07, 08:41 PM
If Richardson fires Fox he's an idiot.

Then again if he does then maybe the Giants will fire Coughlin and hire Fox, which is what they should have done the year they decided to keep Fassell around for another year and they lost Fox. Fassell wound up not being able to keep even an OC job in Baltimore.

OTOH they refused to consider Belichick as a replacement for Parcells and we wound up with Handley. Handley. I think is hawking internet poker sites on auto enthusiasts BBs

Insomniac
12-31-07, 08:55 PM
It's crazy most of these coaches get fired (or keep their jobs) essentially because of the QB situation.

Ankf00
12-31-07, 10:06 PM
If Richardson fires Fox he's an idiot.

Then again if he does then maybe the Giants will fire Coughlin and hire Fox, which is what they should have done the year they decided to keep Fassell around for another year and they lost Fox. Fassell wound up not being able to keep even an OC job in Baltimore.

OTOH they refused to consider Belichick as a replacement for Parcells and we wound up with Handley. Handley. I think is hawking internet poker sites on auto enthusiasts BBs

lose Peyton and Fox both b/c of Fassell. In fairness, both Fassell and Skippy had as much control over Baltimore's O as Mike Haywood runs Notre Dame's offense.

Insomniac
01-01-08, 02:28 PM
Irony of life: I'll be in Tampa next weekend but not to see the Giants play the Bucs. I'll be visiting my mom! Funny that it just happened to work out that way. So near and yet so far.

Looks like you can still get tickets:

On Dec. 19, the Buccaneers sent out a press release to the media notifying them that individual playoff tickets would go on sale on Dec. 22 at 10:00 a.m. The press release said, “Tickets are limited and are expected to sell out fast.”

Yet 11 days after playoff tickets went on sale and just five days before the Buccaneers host the New York Giants on Sunday, January 6 at 1:00 p.m. ET at Raymond James Stadium, tickets are still available. Despite advertisements on radio, in newspapers and on Buccaneers.com this past week, the home playoff game is not sold out.

Attempts to find out from the team exactly how many tickets remain for Sunday’s playoff game were unsuccessful, but a Ticketmaster official estimated that there was less than 1,000 seats left. However, as of Tuesday morning, seats in all three levels at Raymond James Stadium were still available.

nrc
01-01-08, 08:34 PM
Looks like you can still get tickets:

Wow. How many seats does their stadium have? It's not like they even have to worry about cold weather.

I can't believe they can't sell out a playoff game. Los Angeles Buccaneers?

Insomniac
01-02-08, 12:06 AM
Wow. How many seats does their stadium have? It's not like they even have to worry about cold weather.

I can't believe they can't sell out a playoff game. Los Angeles Buccaneers?

65,857. I was surprised too. I mean, your home team is in the play-offs. I don't recall any news talking about local blackouts during the regular season. Plus, must be plenty of Giants fans in South Florida.

Ankf00
01-02-08, 12:31 AM
65,857. I was surprised too. I mean, your home team is in the play-offs. I don't recall any news talking about local blackouts during the regular season. Plus, must be plenty of Giants fans in South Florida.

trailer park == Jets ;)

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 12:49 AM
trailer park == Jets ;)

Actually Giants fans travel well. I'm surprised they haven't scooped up the remaining tickets, or not. They know this team is likely one and done again. :shakehead

Insomniac
01-02-08, 01:29 AM
Actually Giants fans travel well. I'm surprised they haven't scooped up the remaining tickets, or not. They know this team is likely one and done again. :shakehead

You have a lot of faith!

dando
01-02-08, 06:36 AM
You have a lot of faith!

Well, he is a UM and Rutgers fan.... :gomer:

Smith gets an extension @ SD....WTF?!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176200

The $2.2 million average is believed to make Smith the third highest-paid general manager in the NFL. Bill Parcells, who accepted the director of football operations job in Miami, is believed to have signed a $3 million-per-year deal. Matt Millen of the Lions is making around $2.5 million.

:saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 12:08 PM
This is why the Bucs aren't selling out. They won't sell to anyone outside of Florida

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1199252131147110.xml&coll=1

Sean Malone
01-02-08, 12:24 PM
Back when my parents had season tickets for the Bucs (back in the tangerine days) the stadium was filled (the old "sombero") with the visiting teams fans. As a large portion of Floridians migrated down from the North (New York, Minnesota and Wisconson) you would expect them to continue their support of their old home team. What was happening though is that a large amount of them were actually buying up the tickets and flying in. I've been to Bucs games where the entire stadium has a cheese wedge hat (why they don't wear meat hats, I'll never understand).
that said, in recent years I have never seen an area with so much visual support for a football team. Every game weekend it is a common site to see Bucs flags flying and those big inflatable Buc player things in front yards. Something I never saw in 25 years in the DC area.

Now, Red Sox and Yankee fans at the Tropicana is totally something else. :shakehead

nrc
01-02-08, 12:53 PM
The decision to sell public tickets only in-state is a good one, but if they sell out through the season there shouldn't be all that many tickets left to sell.

My point of reference is the Bengals who have been sold out for 3 years to season ticket holders. Remaining tickets for the playoffs have been offered and sold out to season ticket holders. Now they just need to get to where we can actually use more than one of those playoff tickets in a season. :\

Gnam
01-02-08, 01:27 PM
I could see reserving one section for visiting fans like most college games do. That way the home team fans have someone to jeer besides the opposing players.

Insomniac
01-02-08, 01:37 PM
Now, Red Sox <snip> fans at the Tropicana is totally something else. :shakehead

Red Sox fans invade everywhere they can. It's pretty crazy how many times I could hear Red Sox fans cheering louder than the home team's fans.

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 03:39 PM
Red Sox fans invade everywhere they can. It's pretty crazy how many times I could hear Red Sox fans cheering louder than the home team's fans.

Yankees and Bosox draw more on the road than many teams do total, but in Tampa the Yanks single A team there could be more popular than the Rays.

Sean O'Gorman
01-02-08, 04:10 PM

I know, it was ridiculous. I'll never go to a regular season game against the Red Sox or Yankees again.

Insomniac
01-02-08, 04:30 PM
I know, it was ridiculous. I'll never go to a regular season game against the Red Sox or Yankees again.

Bringing it back to the NFL, it seems like the Steelers fans are the same way (and equally annoying to non-Steelers fans).

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 05:01 PM
The WORST traveling fans are Cowboys fans. Will not STFU except by force ;) . At least at Giants games.

Followed closely by Eagles fans.

Pats fans were very cool last Saturday night though. I heard lots of complements about them from various people at the game.

Ankf00
01-02-08, 05:05 PM
The only Cowboys fans that actually go to games, are travelling ones. Home games, especially.

Insomniac
01-02-08, 06:38 PM
Pats fans were very cool last Saturday night though. I heard lots of complements about them from various people at the game.

Have you heard how quiet some of those home games are? It's like the place to be if you have $$$. The ones in the red seats just go inside the club house and eat lobster.

I'm not sure how away tickets work. Do season ticket holders get dibs at away tickets first? If so, then you would find those Pats fans will behave well. The Kraft's take fan behavior quite seriously. They will strip season ticket holders of their tickets. I think the rest buying tickets at a high mark up were there to witness history, not get drunk and get in fights.

dando
01-02-08, 08:02 PM
The Kraft's take fan behavior quite seriously. They will strip season ticket holders of their tickets.

Yup. There was an incident that resulted in revocation a couple of years ago.

-Kevin

Gnam
01-02-08, 09:17 PM
(not yet announced)
4. 49ers - Coach, Nolan

Nolan spared, but looses GM powers.

Current theories as to why:
1. Nolan successfully blamed his friend & Offensive Coordinator Hostler for all the misery.
2. The Yorks (owners) too cheap to buy out Nolan's remaining contract. (1 year)
3. It was Alex Smith's fault.
4. The Yorks are Cincinatti Bengals communist insurgents implanted to torment
'Niner fans for all those years of success the 49ers had against them in the 80's and 90's.
(not mine but ;) )

nrc
01-02-08, 09:22 PM
'Niner fans for all those years of success the 49ers had against them in the 80's and 90's.
(not mine but ;) )

Um. Everyone had success against the Bengals in the '90s. :D

dando
01-02-08, 09:23 PM
Um. Everyone had success against the Bengals in the '90s. :(

Fixed that post for ya. :)

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-03-08, 10:25 AM
Cam Cameron is officially fired.

racermike
01-03-08, 05:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3179105&categoryId=2459789

This is pretty darn funny

Dr. Corkski
01-03-08, 06:30 PM
Nolan spared, but looses GM powers.

Current theories as to why:
1. Nolan successfully blamed his friend & Offensive Coordinator Hostler for all the misery.
2. The Yorks (owners) too cheap to buy out Nolan's remaining contract. (1 year)
3. It was Alex Smith's fault.
(not mine but ;) )http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5286/alexsmithcq3.gif http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7218/alexsmith2iv8.gif

Insomniac
01-03-08, 09:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3179105&categoryId=2459789

This is pretty darn funny

That was a good Mayne Event.

Andrew Longman
01-03-08, 09:41 PM
Have you heard how quiet some of those home games are? It's like the place to be if you have $$$. The ones in the red seats just go inside the club house and eat lobster.

I'm not sure how away tickets work. Do season ticket holders get dibs at away tickets first? If so, then you would find those Pats fans will behave well. The Kraft's take fan behavior quite seriously. They will strip season ticket holders of their tickets. I think the rest buying tickets at a high mark up were there to witness history, not get drunk and get in fights.

I doubt the pros are anything like college where so many tickets are reserved for the visiting teams. Not with the Giants anyway. That's what Stubhub, eBay and the market is for.

But Giant fans take it very seriously. One of the reason several Giant season ticket holders I know didn't give up their seats last Saturday, even though they were going for thousands a piece, was they didn't want some drunk beantowner getting into a fight and costing him his season tickets. When it is a 17 year wait for tickets you get like that.

Insomniac
01-06-08, 05:13 PM
I guess the Tampa Bay fans had good reason to stay home. :)

Ankf00
01-06-08, 08:34 PM
the Titans are un ****ing watchable.

New York Football Giants, holla!

dando
01-06-08, 08:49 PM
the Titans are un ****ing watchable.

New York Football Giants, holla!

VY can't run, can't be an effective QB, yo. That defense will be worthless next season once Haynesworth is gone to the highest bidder (reference Bungles 35-6 de-pantsing of said Titans w/o Haynesworth). Jeff Fisher == most underrated coach in the NFL. Why doesn't he go somewhere that has the $$$ to build a proper team? :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-06-08, 09:00 PM
Titans are 40M under the cap, they can afford to keep Haynesworth if they want. They held off this last offseason and unloaded the WRs and Travis Henry, I think they throw some cash around this offseason.

Andrew Longman
01-07-08, 02:03 AM
NY attorniy general threatened legal action and Gints fans got their tickets

Good suumary http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/01/06/wild.card.snaps/index.html

Don't agree that division record should set playoff seeding,

racermike
01-07-08, 03:48 AM
Need my Seahawks to beat up the Packers next week, and the Giants to upset the Cowboys, to get an NFC Championship game back at Qwest Field in 2 weeks.

We were LOUD during that Skins game. My ears still hurt! (and voice is just starting to come back)

My predictions

Seahawks 27, Packers 21
Giants 33, Cowboys 30 (OT)
Patriots 41, Jaguars 10
Chargers 38, Colts 31

stroker
01-07-08, 01:57 PM
Need my Seahawks to beat up the Packers next week, and the Giants to upset the Cowboys, to get an NFC Championship game back at Qwest Field in 2 weeks.

We were LOUD during that Skins game. My ears still hurt! (and voice is just starting to come back)

My predictions

Seahawks 27, Packers 21
Patriots 41, Jaguars 10
Chargers 38, Colts 31

My prediction is that you're going to be about 25% right, Mike.

:)

dando
01-07-08, 02:15 PM
Pack, Gints, Pats, Nags. Got that? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-07-08, 02:21 PM
Phillip Rivers could barely beat the unwatchable Titans, he's not going to beat the Colts on the road.

dando
01-07-08, 02:34 PM
Phillip Rivers could barely beat the unwatchable Titans, he's not going to beat the Colts on the road.

And likely w/o Gates.

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-07-08, 02:43 PM
FYI:

Seattle (+9) at Green Bay
Jacksonville (+13) at New England
San Diego (+9) at Indianapolis
New York Giants (+9) at Dallas

All 4 home teams are favored by over a touchdown.

Andrew Longman
01-07-08, 03:42 PM
Seahawks 27, Packers 21
Patriots 41, Jaguars 10
Chargers 38, Colts 31

Half right

Andrew Longman
01-07-08, 03:47 PM

+9? Wow.

The way the Fox crew was talking yesterday you'd think the Giants were a lock. :gomer:

Seriously? Dallas has owned the Giants of late, but I think the Giants can keep it close and maybe steal it.

dando
01-07-08, 04:03 PM
FYI:

Seattle (+9) at Green Bay
Jacksonville (+13) at New England
San Diego (+9) at Indianapolis

All 4 home teams are favored by over a touchdown.

Yeah, I heard those spreads earlier and about spit out my morning beverage. Those are insane spreads. Mebbe the Pats, but the last few times they had a huge spread, the game was a lot closer than expected (Bmore, Iggles, Jets, and Gints).

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-07-08, 04:54 PM
+9? Wow.

The way the Fox crew was talking yesterday you'd think the Giants were a lock. :gomer:

Seriously? Dallas has owned the Giants of late, but I think the Giants can keep it close and maybe steal it.

If the FOX crew could set the line it would be Dallas -27. :D

Insomniac
01-07-08, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I heard those spreads earlier and about spit out my morning beverage. Those are insane spreads. Mebbe the Pats, but the last few times they had a huge spread, the game was a lot closer than expected (Bmore, Iggles, Jets, and Gints).

-Kevin

The Pats line makes sense in the world of gambling, but not in real life the way they have played since Buffalo.

racermike
01-08-08, 03:22 AM
I made a cool video with music and still photos from the Hawks/Skins game.

Threw this together in about 15 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_qOSHW3Ai0

extramundane
01-08-08, 12:32 PM
Joe Gibbs is done, but will remain as "special advisor" to Dan Snyder.

Although, unless his special advice is to tell Snyder what a dickweed he is, I don't see the need for his sticking around.

dando
01-08-08, 02:50 PM
Joe Gibbs is done, but will remain as "special advisor" to Dan Snyder.

Yes, I'm sure it's to keep Snyder from doing anything stupid.

-Kevin

dando
01-12-08, 07:56 PM
My predictions

Seahawks 27, Packers 21
Patriots 41, Jaguars 10
Chargers 38, Colts 31

Y'all forget yer D back @ SeaTac? ;) :eek:

Snow in GB. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Gnam
01-12-08, 08:17 PM
Can't stop the rock, yo.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/527/bigdbo4.jpg

racermike
01-12-08, 09:24 PM
Y'all forget yer D back @ SeaTac? ;) :eek:

Snow in GB. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Dont even know where to start on this one

Lets put it this way, I was not celebrating too much after the Hawks went up 14-0 in the first 4 minutes. Brett had yet to make his "stand".

Spicoli
01-13-08, 11:56 AM
Just got a call. eggStra ticket to Colts game. :w0000ooot:

dando
01-13-08, 02:21 PM
DSRL? :saywhat: I've officially seen enough Peyton Manning ads. :irked: :thumdown:

-Kevin

dando
01-13-08, 03:39 PM
Phil Luckett. Beautiful. How does this moron still have a job officiating in the NFL? :saywhat: :irked: No way in hell there was holding on that runback. No way. No how. :thumdown:

-Kevin

dando
01-13-08, 05:20 PM
Just got a call. eggStra ticket to Colts game. :w0000ooot:

Billy ****ing Vollek, bitch. :gomer:

Helluva a game. I hate to do it, but hats off to Norv ****ing Turner. Gotta hope LT and Rivers are good to go next weekend, or the dreaded Pats might roll. :irked:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-13-08, 05:46 PM
Jammer came up huge today. http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif

dando
01-13-08, 08:54 PM
Gints > 'boyz == greatness. :D

To paraphrase Meatloaf...3/4 ain't bad, yo. :cool:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
01-13-08, 09:02 PM
Gints > 'boyz == greatness. :D

To paraphrase Meatloaf...3/4 ain't bad, yo. :cool:

-Kevin That was sweeeeeet. What's the over/under on how many martinis Jerry throws down tonight :D Thank God there will be more real football at Lambeau the way God intended it. :thumbup:

stroker
01-13-08, 09:08 PM
Half right

You called it.

Spicoli
01-13-08, 09:14 PM
Billy ****ing Vollek, bitch. :gomer:

Helluva a game. I hate to do it, but hats off to Norv ****ing Turner. Gotta hope LT and Rivers are good to go next weekend, or the dreaded Pats might roll. :irked:

-Kevin

how abooot you go **** yurself you stupid ****9ng baggass piece of ****.

Ankf00
01-13-08, 09:21 PM
^^^ I cant wait till you fly out to go riding next time :D

hey FTG: Roy Williams, HOLLA!!!! PRO BOWL, BABY!!

Spicoli
01-13-08, 09:24 PM
^^^ I cant wait till you fly out to go riding next time :D

hey FTG: Roy Williams, HOLLA!!!! PRO BOWL, BABY!!

dando = fat **** no skier ********.

me = hasselhoff on skis.

:**** u:

Ankf00
01-13-08, 09:30 PM
http://agodamongmen.com/agodamongmendotcom_5.gif

Spicoli
01-13-08, 09:30 PM
http://i.pbase.com/v3/96/492696/1/46405883.hasselhoff.gif

nice red x biyotech.

Ankf00
01-13-08, 09:31 PM
how's it now? :)

Methanolandbrats
01-13-08, 10:03 PM
That is disturbing and should be deleted :yuck:

dando
01-13-08, 10:05 PM
how abooot you go **** yurself you stupid ****9ng baggass piece of ****.

Suck it. :D Mebbe Porky Weiss can take over after Dungy 'retires'. :p :laugh:

-Kevin