PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian GP... spoilers...

jonovision_man
08-04-07, 09:04 AM
OMG how f'n pissed is Hamilton going to be!!! :eek: :thumdown: :shakehead

jono

eiregosod
08-04-07, 09:20 AM
FRED! :D

Methanolandbrats
08-04-07, 09:26 AM
Fred and Lew will not be going to the pub together. :mad:

NismoZ
08-04-07, 09:30 AM
"Beyond livid" that's how much! PW-"By how many seconds did you miss your 2nd hot lap?"...LH-"By the time I had to wait at the pit stop." :eek: Best F-1 season in YEARS!:D

NismoZ
08-04-07, 09:32 AM
Uh, why "spoilers?" Live Q3 broadcast, no?:confused:

pchall
08-04-07, 09:33 AM
Just racing on that Tilke bit of blasphemy is an F1 spoiler.

Methanolandbrats
08-04-07, 09:38 AM
Could lead to a Senna/Prost T1 kamikazi torpedo job because neither one of those guys is gonna lift. :D Go Lew, **** you Fred. Make sure you don't forget to take your blood pressure meds Ron. :laugh:

jonovision_man
08-04-07, 09:40 AM
Uh, why "spoilers?" Live Q3 broadcast, no?:confused:

Never live in the U.S.... Speed splices in commercials and such, turns the 1 hour broadcast into 90 mins.

jono

Methanolandbrats
08-04-07, 09:43 AM
Never live in the U.S.... Speed splices in commercials and such, turns the 1 hour broadcast into 90 mins.

jono I thought it was a spoiler because most of the people on this board are still passed out and have to watch it later. :)

NismoZ
08-04-07, 09:54 AM
True, not much of a track. So, did we just witness the race result in the McLaren pit? Looked like "team orders" to me. Wonder who gave the order? Let's have an investigation!:rofl:

Insomniac
08-04-07, 12:01 PM
The Hungarian stewards are investigating Fernando Alonso following a hold-up in the pits during Saturday's qualifying.

opinionated ow
08-04-07, 12:05 PM
Just racing on that Tilke bit of blasphemy is an F1 spoiler.

tilke was not and is not involved in hungary. i actuallly like the place.....

and thankyou Alonso for making F1 exciting and controversial and putting the cocky lil kid in his place

tllips
08-04-07, 01:25 PM
I have lost all respect I had for Fred. :shakehead

They mentioned that the lolipop was up and Fred waited. Is that really the case? Or was someone holding Fred in the pit?

L1T1 will be Must See TV tomorrow! :eek:

Insomniac
08-04-07, 01:36 PM
McLaren have been summoned to the Hungarian Grand Prix stewards to resolve the controversy surrounding their antics in qualifying for the eleventh round of the season.

Following on from what appeared to be Fernando Alonso holding team-mate Lewis Hamilton up during their pit stop before their final qualifying runs, Reuters reports that stewards have been forced to ask McLaren to clarify their version of events.

This is entertaining. :)

Insomniac
08-04-07, 01:46 PM
Former drivers weighing in:

"It seemed like a tactical ploy from Alonso to make sure that he was the last person to get a lap in, to be out on the track at the very end, and that seemed to be at the cost of Lewis getting a lap in," said the 1996 champion.

"I think you have to say that Alonso's put his foot down and basically got what he wanted there.

"He certainly showed he's not prepared to play a team game if it's at his expense," the Briton told reporters. "I think it was a very selfish thing to do. But sometimes selfish guys win."

"That was unsporting and wrong," Lauda told the broadcaster RTL after witnessing Alonso sat stationary in the McLaren pit box with Hamilton queuing behind him.

"I hope that Hamilton can strike back at him tomorrow."

Insomniac
08-04-07, 01:47 PM
"The team failed to do what it should have done. Alonso had an extraordinarily long pitstop because our engineer in charge did not give him the go-ahead signal in due time," he said.
http://english.mti.hu/default.asp?menu=1&theme=2&cat=25&newsid=243937

NismoZ
08-04-07, 01:56 PM
Now hearing there will be no investigation...let 'em settle it in turn 1! Could be a Ferrari1-2!:rofl:

Methanolandbrats
08-04-07, 02:01 PM
The stewards might put them both at the back for violating the team order rules. Here's hoping http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/party/beerchug.gif

Hard Driver
08-04-07, 04:57 PM
That was just a lousy thing to do. Personally, if I was Ron Dennis, there would be hell to pay for someone.

If this was Alonso's doing, I just lost a ton of respect. But I think this was the team engineer's doing, which is bogus. I would personally think about firing the guy for working against the general well being of the team.

If I was Lewis, I would go into the first corner with the attitude that I was coming out first or taking Alonso out trying.

cameraman
08-04-07, 05:04 PM
Hamilton was calm and collected the entire time. He knows how to act in front of the cameras.

I wonder how much fuel he ended up saving.

Accipiter
08-04-07, 05:39 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/67s5fgl.jpg

NismoZ
08-04-07, 05:56 PM
Hmmm, Alonso in the Spanish press is laying blame squarely on Hamilton saying the team's timing was put off when he (Hamilton) ignored orders (5-6 times!) to let Alonso ahead at some point in qualifying. Dennis confirmed that saying Hamilton was supposed to let Alonso past, but he didn't. Fernando stated directly the only reason the team seemed upset was that he was 1st and Hamilton 2nd! The delay in the pit was Fernando "catching up" on the crucial fuel burn phase where he had lost a lap.(?) That makes it just sound like payback to me. (?)

EDwardo
08-04-07, 06:00 PM
Now hearing there will be no investigation...let 'em settle it in turn 1! Could be a Ferrari1-2!:rofl:

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/08/04/alonso-stunt-to-be-investigated/

This report said there will be an investigation.

Stewards of the Hungarian Grand Prix are to investigate Fernando Alonso's holding up of McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton in the pits during qualifying for tomorrow's race. The FIA summoned Ron Dennis after qualifying to call into question the affair and will now examine the team's radio communication.

Another report quotes Ron Dennis saying that Hamilton violated team orders and was to blame.

The team principal revealed that it was Hamilton in the first place who actually disobeyed team orders during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Dennis claims that Hamilton was supposed to let Alonso past on track at the start of Q3 because it was the Spaniard's turn to benefit from "the longer fuel burn".
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/08/04/dennis-hold-up-is-hamilton-s-fault/

Yet another report quotes Alonso as saying it was the team's fault!

Fernando Alonso said his team was responsible for the hold-up in his second pit stop which resulted in him holding up Lewis Hamilton, preventing the British driver from completing another flying lap, and allowing Alonso to take pole position.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/08/04/alonso-blames-team-for-hold-up/

You have to love F1 drama!

Chitowncartfreak
08-04-07, 06:44 PM
Per ITV-F1.com, Alonso is receiving 5 grid position penalty and McLaren cannot score constructors points from EITHER car!!!

oddlycalm
08-04-07, 06:57 PM
This should raise a little dust....

The race stewards at the Hungaroring have decided to demote the McLaren driver after reviewing evidence from today's qualifying session, where the Spaniard held up teammate Lewis Hamilton in the pits, causing the Briton to miss out on a final flying lap and possible pole.

oc

jonovision_man
08-04-07, 07:00 PM
Per ITV-F1.com, Alonso is receiving 5 grid position penalty and McLaren cannot score constructors points from EITHER car!!!

Alonso penalty I can see, if he acted intentionally, which I'm not at all convinced.

Why the constructor penalty? The team obviously didn't hose Hamilton on purpose, if they're involved then it was a **** up, not an intentional act.

jono

Gnam
08-04-07, 07:13 PM
Both penalties are out of line. It's an internal team matter. A team's pit box is it's castle, the officials should butt out.

Any truth to the rumor that Ron Dennis is flying Chuck Norris in to remind the team who's in charge? :p

BTW: Ron better be careful. Grabbing that engineer and ripping his headphones off, could be viewed as assault.

Spicoli
08-04-07, 07:36 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oddlycalm
08-04-07, 08:09 PM
Stewards decision: full text (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61373)
McLaren to appeal of course. The stewards felt that Alonso was intentionally impeding and the teams actions were "prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally." And perhaps bad for the health of dairy cows in the region as well...? :gomer:

This mole hill is quickly becoming a snow capped peak. Probably more drama than the usual Hungarosnore no-pass fest. Pray for rain.

oc

ferrarigod
08-04-07, 08:22 PM
let's hand hamilton the championship. idiotic.

at least kimi is on the good side of the track now.

jonovision_man
08-04-07, 09:17 PM
Stewards decision: full text (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61373)
McLaren to appeal of course. The stewards felt that Alonso was intentionally impeding and the teams actions were "prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally." And perhaps bad for the health of dairy cows in the region as well...? :gomer:

This mole hill is quickly becoming a snow capped peak. Probably more drama than the usual Hungarosnore no-pass fest. Pray for rain.

oc

It's good reading.

They ignore the possibility that the team screwed up. It happens.

jono

Hard Driver
08-04-07, 10:08 PM
The stewards getting involved is dumb. This only screwed one of their own, so it should solely be a team matter.

ferrarigod
08-05-07, 12:48 AM
The stewards getting involved is dumb. This only screwed one of their own, so it should solely be a team matter.

but thanks to the FIA and their collective wisdom, team orders like this are now 'illegal.'

stewards are just interping the crappy rules from the crappy FIArrari.:irked:

Insomniac
08-05-07, 11:23 AM
I agree, they're going too far on the team orders. Just get rid of the teams and be done with it if they can't make any decisions.

NismoZ
08-05-07, 11:58 AM
I have a better idea. How 'bout a pit for each car?;)