PDA

View Full Version : Fall is in the Air!! - Football

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

racermike
09-21-07, 01:23 PM
Ducks are gonna head down to the Bay Area, and promptly go 4-0 after making the Cardinal eat some of their turf.

That should set us up for the showdown against Cal next week

dando
09-21-07, 01:26 PM
Tonight. Sabres v. CBJs. :)

You guys scrimmage against Jr. teams? ;) Take it easy on Peca now. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-21-07, 01:26 PM
Becuz Joe Pa has lost 8 straight to UM, yo. Joe Pa has had success against Tress, but we've got The Game. Pitt, RU, WVU, and Mizzou have all been discussed as potential schools to join the Big Ten. Personally, I say have two new teams join and call the Baker's Dozen Conference. :gomer:

-Kevin
Mizzou and RU make the most financial sense in terms of new eyeballs

Forgive me for being logical, but Jones would still get his scholarships irregardless of whether he was the starter or a glorified clipboard carrier, right? Then why doesn't he just take advantage of the free education he's going to receive from the good folks at Notre Dame?

I know athletes are wired differently than the rest of us, but a free education from Notre Dame is nothing to sneeze at, you know.
NFL potential usually doesn't like to sit, although Matt Cassel was drafted having sat behind Leinart his whole career

racermike
09-21-07, 01:27 PM
MS Paint lives! :thumbup:

Actually, used just Autocad and MS Publisher

Bengals logo looks bad, cause I have to scale it up in size, so it pixelated a little bit when I did that.

Saved from Publisher as .png file and uploaded to Imageshack.

dando
09-21-07, 01:35 PM
State, not UofM. My PSU buddies can't seem to figure why the Spartans have been pitched to them as their long term league rival. State hates UofM, though the Wolverines mostly care about the school to the south. State real satisfaction over the years has been spoiling ND and OSU seasons.

Oh, I know what you posted, I just suggested why they want to pick on Sparty and not UM or The OSU. Plus, MSU has been an easy target the past several years since Saban left. :gomer:

PSU only beat The OSU once when it mattered...back in '05 two games after the UT loss @ home. Some think the Bucks still had a title shot had we won that game, but I doubted that was the case. They have played us close the two years we went to the BC$ championship. Other than that, the only other milestone W was Joe Pa setting the record for Ws in a comeback over OSU when both teams were avg @ best. *shrugs*

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-21-07, 01:37 PM
Small markets close to where they already are and the only reason they are looking to add is to help boost the their new network. You mean the network that nobody can get? They should add RU to the Big Ten so they can have another State that doesn't have BTN.

dando
09-21-07, 01:45 PM
You mean the network that nobody can get? They should add RU to the Big Ten so they can have another State that doesn't have BTN.

:laugh:

FYI, it came to light this week that E$PN is going to broadcast The OSU games regionally on E$PN outside of Ohiya and the opponents area when they have regional games that aren't picked up regionally. That'll make a bunch of alumni groups very happy. I'm still amazed that when I was in Charleston, SC last October, the local news outfit did a piece on all of the Bucks fans that gather regularly @ a local place to watch the games. And this was *well* before The Hype for The Game.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-21-07, 01:47 PM
NFL potential usually doesn't like to sit, although Matt Cassel was drafted having sat behind Leinart his whole career

Thank you. I wasn't aware of his NFL potential, having only followed this story based on what I've heard on PTI and here. Seems to me that his immediately jumping ship when something doesn't go his way doesn't bode well for his rep amongst the NFL scouts. (Then again, they have overlooked worse.)

Ankf00
09-21-07, 02:45 PM
blue-chip qb transferring when opposing qb in his same class gets the nod is the norm. unless the starter is injured severely the backup will never have a chance to get serious PT.

Rocky Hinds USC to UNLV (lost out to JDB, then came all-world Mark Sanchez)
Tommy Grady OU to Utah (fell behind Paul Thompson and Rhett Bomar, that worked out well for stoopsie :laugh:)
Brock Berlin UF to Miami (overtaken by Sexy Rexy after Jesse Palmer left)
Jevan Snead UT to Ole Miss (Colt McCoy was a RS FR and played like a JR)
Brent Schaeffer UTK to D1-AA to Ole Miss (Fat Phil favored Ainge)

Cassel sitting behind Leinart is the anomoly

this is the same reason it's very difficult to get 2 elite qb recruits in the same class, once one signs, the other wants to go to a program with a better chance to start when his time comes. it's harder to develop your abilities by riding pine, difficult to develop a rep w/ scouts when they can't even see you play

Insomniac
09-21-07, 03:39 PM
Forgive me for being logical, but Jones would still get his scholarships irregardless of whether he was the starter or a glorified clipboard carrier, right? Then why doesn't he just take advantage of the free education he's going to receive from the good folks at Notre Dame?

I know athletes are wired differently than the rest of us, but a free education from Notre Dame is nothing to sneeze at, you know.

If he transfers to another D1-A school he has to sit out one year. So he's hoping to be able to play in 2008. If he stays at ND for 2007 and then transfers, he won't be able to play until 2009. ND is being a pain and he didn't help the situation by just up and leaving.

Ankf00
09-21-07, 03:43 PM
he's an immature 19 yo, ok.

Weis is an egotistic 40-50 yo that lied to him for the past year about his chances. "We were just waiting for Jimmy's surgery, there was no question who was going to start."

kids are kids, it's not like he was arrested for something (which probably would've aided his draft stock), Jabba is a lard laden sack of scum

ferrarigod
09-22-07, 01:14 AM
Jabba is a lard laden sack of scum

now we agree! you're beginning to speaketh my language.

Spicoli
09-22-07, 09:49 AM
I'm predicting an ND win today.:thumbup:

Don Quixote
09-22-07, 11:23 AM
Keep doin it, one of these weeks you will be right.

Spicoli
09-22-07, 01:57 PM
Keep doin it, one of these weeks you will be right.

:D

But Mi State at home? Yep.

Spicoli
09-22-07, 03:55 PM
Touchdown Jeebus is smiling. :D

Ankf00
09-22-07, 04:15 PM
the OBC finds paydirt in death valley.

this just in, this just in: the cocks have penetrated the nether regions of baton rouge.

Insomniac
09-22-07, 05:36 PM
Best fake field goal ever. (Xs and Os wise.)

Spicoli
09-22-07, 06:30 PM
Well, maybe next week against Purdue. :\

Don Quixote
09-22-07, 06:56 PM
At least you called your shot. :)

greenie
09-22-07, 07:19 PM
Well, maybe next week against Purdue. :\

The LA Times reported today that fatman Weis promised an alumni group that he'd never lose again to Michigan State. :shakehead :gomer:

greenie
09-22-07, 07:20 PM
Best fake field goal ever. (Xs and Os wise.)

That was sweet. Props to Spurrier for miraculously covering the spread. :rofl:

chop456
09-22-07, 08:11 PM
The LA Times reported today that fatman Weis promised an alumni group that he'd never lose again to Michigan State. :shakehead :gomer:

He promised he'd never lose weight at Michigan State.

That tub of crap will have a coronary before this mess is over.

Don Quixote
09-22-07, 08:25 PM
On a side note, I hate Dan Fouts. That is all.

dando
09-22-07, 08:39 PM
I'm predicting an ND offensive TD today.

Fixed your post shizzle, yo. :gomer:

Cards go down the 'cuse F'ing Orange people?!? :saywhat: Anyone seen CartTKatz recently? :gomer: :laugh:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-22-07, 08:49 PM
All you midwest folks probly have the Iowa-Wisc game. You could hear the disappointment in Fouts voice when Wash St just tied it up. What a turd.

dando
09-22-07, 09:21 PM
All you midwest folks probly have the Iowa-Wisc game. You could hear the disappointment in Fouts voice when Wash St just tied it up. What a turd.

Nope. We're watching paint dry instead. :saywhat: If possible, this game could end 0-0.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
09-22-07, 09:47 PM
Nope. We're watching paint dry instead. :saywhat: If possible, this game could end 0-0.

-Kevin It will end up Bucky 21 to 3 over Cornholers.

greenie
09-22-07, 09:49 PM

:rofl:

Tin foil hat alarm. It's a moot point anyway. :p

Don Quixote
09-22-07, 09:49 PM

-Kevin:laugh: Big Ten football at its finest.

I have bad news for Spic, Purdue looks tough. I'm predicting 0-5 for the domers.

Methanolandbrats
09-22-07, 10:00 PM
Offensive pass interference on that cornholer...........clear pushoff. :refs suck bigtime, must be drunked up:

Ankf00
09-22-07, 10:25 PM
John mother ****ing Chiles, mother ****ers. :cool:

why watch mid-tier big televen when there's UCLA U dub, UGa @ 'bama? Jake Locker, Matt Stafford

**** fox sports, miss 1Q of the UT game b/c Tech/OkSt runs long, miss 4Q due to 9 minutes of UCLA pregame (mostly commercials) and switching to Husky Stadium loooooong before kick off :mad:

Insomniac
09-22-07, 10:55 PM

Did he make that pledge before or after they lost today?

Ankf00
09-22-07, 11:06 PM
media was running that quote often before last year's MSU game

Spicoli
09-22-07, 11:54 PM
Fixed your post shizzle, yo. :gomer:

Cards go down the 'cuse F'ing Orange people?!? :saywhat: Anyone seen CartTKatz recently
-Kevin

well, **** all of you. :finger:

I still love my Dome. Catholic Schools > Your school. How was jelly jar tech?

:tony:

Full of hate & rage.

Ankf00
09-23-07, 12:01 AM
I still love my Dome. Catholic Schools > Your school.

my school "Public Ivy" > your school "Pederast U"

Spicoli
09-23-07, 09:04 AM

You are 100% going to hell, eternal damnation for even suggesting such a thing.

:thumbup:

nrc
09-23-07, 01:48 PM
You are 100% going to hell, eternal damnation for even suggesting such a thing.

:thumbup:

If that's what he gets, what's in store for the guys from South Park?

nCGtslu61rg

Spicoli
09-23-07, 02:10 PM
If that's what he gets, what's in store for the guys from South Park?

nCGtslu61rg

they were going straight to hell long before those shenanigans. :flame:

greenie
09-23-07, 05:34 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fantastic!

ferrarigod
09-23-07, 05:36 PM

Did you go to Rutgers or Miami U?

Also, ND, congrats on the touchdowns. You guys rock!!!! Good luck with Purdue, its your only shot to not go 0-8, I think you can do it!!!!!!

Go Catholic Crusaders!

:tony:

Ankf00
09-23-07, 06:01 PM
depending on the list, there's 8 or 30. we're on both, RU on only one, and FSU on none :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
09-24-07, 09:14 AM
God would have picked a better place than Indiana to have his school.

:goingtohell:

Ankf00
09-24-07, 11:40 AM
I wonder where CART T Katz is after this past weekend? :confused: :laugh: :D

dando
09-24-07, 11:53 AM
I wonder where CART T Katz is after this past weekend? :confused: :laugh: :D

Welcome to yesterday, yo. :gomer:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=208055&postcount=325

-Kevin

ferrarigod
09-24-07, 01:43 PM

you were wronger. shoulda listened to dando.

Ankf00
09-24-07, 01:48 PM
Welcome to yesterday, yo. :gomer:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=208055&postcount=325

-Kevin

you act like I read your posts...

:p :D

dando
09-24-07, 03:16 PM
you act like I read your posts...

Understandable. Yer prolly spending too much time on TSG awaiting news of the latest UT arrestee. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-24-07, 03:29 PM
step off, a brotha can't get no breaks in this white man's world. :tony:

Ankf00
09-24-07, 04:15 PM
http://fox.com/kingofthehill/images/h_epi402.gif Texas vs. Nebrasky, Hank pimpin' Earl's jersey, Peggy pimpin' Nobis'. :cool:

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7006

"They lost, but they can still go to a bowl game Bobby. It won't be the Rose Bowl, but it could be the Gator Bowl, or the Peach Bowl, or god forbid, the pacific. life. holiday. bowl, ugh."

"Dad, is it alright that I feel like I don't want to live anymore?" "It's normal."

:rofl: truer words...

Spicoli
09-24-07, 05:22 PM
you were wronger. shoulda listened to dando.

sooner or later, I will be right.:thumbup:

skaven
09-24-07, 10:11 PM

In first down Jeebus you trust... :gomer:

Andrew Longman
09-25-07, 03:48 PM
I'm surprised Ank or no one else has commented yet on the Gundy tirade.

I haven't read the column in question and so I am reserving judgement but the response seems disproportionate to the offense real or imagined. Maybe Gundy has been dipping into the teams steroid supply? :D

He seems to be backing away from claims that 3/4 of the column was factually false, now that she called him on it. Claiming an amature athlete is off limits to criticism seems unrealistic. It happens all the time. What you can't boo at a college football game? But then I have yet to read what she wrote.

My guess is he was just trying to take the heat off his team. Coaches do it all the time. And journalists are too popular, few were going to side with her anyway.

See blog http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7263364?MSNHPHMA

Ankf00
09-25-07, 04:24 PM
I'm shocked it took 48 hours for anyone to report on it nationally, and 72 for every other sports news outlet to run an opinion piece on it.

the columnists column was pretty weak, imo, even if Reid is pouting about being benched, she leads her story with "Bobby Reid stood near the team charters last Friday night, using his cell phone, eating his boxed meal. It would've been normal post-game activity but for one thing. His mother was feeding him chicken." OMG, his MOTHER?!

She continues with "If you believe the rumors and the rumblings," "Tile up the back stories told on the sly over the past few years," "Word is," "If you listen to the rumblings and the rumors."

and she finishes with a fantastic
"The coaches made a decision,” Reid told our Mike Baldwin after the Troy game. "I just have to go with it, get better and get back on the field.”

There's something to be said for not being a malcontent, but you can almost see Reid shrugging his shoulders as he says those words. Does he have the fire in his belly?

Or does he want to be coddled, babied, perhaps even fed chicken?"

so being a good teammate means you're a coddled wus? sounds like a load to me, reporting loose talk around campus and then saying "no, it's all true, I stand by it", as if it's so difficult to say "sources within the ath dept" from the start? if she did indeed have any...

Gundy was over the line and unprofessional, but Carlson deserved it, she published a gossip column, she's a columnist and opinion is the game there, but state that it's your opinion or you have sources, not just "if you're going to believe the gossip."

Claiming an amature athlete is off limits to criticism seems unrealistic. It happens all the time. that's not it though, Carlson went with "he's a coddled wus b/c his mom brought him chicken." Gundy went with "personally go after one of my kids who gets in trouble, don't personall go after one that goes to class, is respectful to the media, to the public, to his teammates..." and so on. Carlson brought his family into it, she gets to deal with the backlash.

she had a right to write what she wants, it's her column. and he has a right to respond, it's his press conference after all. the woe is me journailst thing is a bit tired though, almost as bad as woe is me teachers in affluent suburbs. Gundy coaches at T Boone U, and as long as the old man is still friends with him, he'll still be coaching imo

Andrew Longman
09-25-07, 04:37 PM
She continues with "If you believe the rumors and the rumblings," "Tile up the back stories told on the sly over the past few years," "Word is," "If you listen to the rumblings and the rumors."

She learn to write from a certain snowmobile salesman?

Sounds like a hack story written in a style and manner meant more to self-promote than inform.

She certainly wasn't hoping to foster a cozy relationship with the athletic department so the response should not be surprising, but I suspect Gundy was responding more to the image of being fed by his mother than the slight against his player. Even if true and deserving, that's pretty harsh, even by NYC tabloid standards.

Don Quixote
09-25-07, 04:45 PM
All the other "journalists" that I have read on this topic seem to be circling the wagons around their peer. Big surprise there. On the other hand, Mike and Mike this morning were siding with the coach. I thought it was a pretty good meltdown, and I give it an 8.5 out of 10. I don't know her, but I bet she loves the attention. Its all about the media these days.

Dr. Corkski
09-25-07, 05:39 PM
I don't know her, but I bet she loves the attentionIts all about the media these days.http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/668/jennicarlsonft5.gif

Well, it was probably about the only way she could get male attention.

Ankf00
09-25-07, 05:47 PM
She certainly wasn't hoping to foster a cozy relationship with the athletic department so the response should not be surprising, but I suspect Gundy was responding more to the image of being fed by his mother than the slight against his player. Even if true and deserving, that's pretty harsh, even by NYC tabloid standards.

It all stems from Gundy restricting media access to a certain level, he didn't give them any info on the QB change before the Troy game, and still refuses to elaborate. THen you get the typical journalist indignation due to that restricted access, much akin to the backlash the Pirate faced up in Lubbock when he made 95% of the team unavailable for interviews, nevermind virtually everyone loves Mike Leach, yaaaarrrrrrrr. http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pirate.gif

Sean O'Gorman
09-26-07, 10:03 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/osufootball/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1190795552224000.xml&coll=2

I don't know who should be more ashamed, the QB for having to pay for sex, or the OSU math department. :laugh:

Don Quixote
09-26-07, 01:06 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/osufootball/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1190795552224000.xml&coll=2

I don't know who should be more ashamed, the QB for having to pay for sex, or the OSU math department. :laugh: Good one. :laugh: I know when I went there the FB players never had to pay! And the idiot only had $19! :rofl:

ferrarigod
09-26-07, 03:27 PM

wait for the armed forces, you might have a chance.

Andrew Longman
09-27-07, 10:18 AM
Good one. :laugh: I know when I went there the FB players never had to pay! And the idiot only had $19! :rofl:

With $19 in his pocket, Henton solicited an undercover police officer on the corner of North High Street and 6th Avenue, offering $20 for sex,

How do you suppose he did on is Math SATs?

Given the list of offenses by OSU and Big 11 players, its pretty shameful.

On a somewhat related note, Rutgers president called a professor "blatently racist" for these remarks:

"If you were giving the scholarship to an intellectually brilliant kid who happens to play a sport, that's fine," Dowling is quoted in the story. "But they give it to functional illiterates who can't read a cereal box, and they make him spend 50 hours a week on physical skills. That's not opportunity. If you want to give financial help to minorities, go find the ones who are at the library after school."

To which Schiano replied:

Since I got here six years ago I haven't responded to any of that and I'm not going to start now," he said. "I don't want to dignify those kind of comments."

Schiano did make a point of noting that Rutgers is No. 7 nationally among the 119 major football-playing schools in the Academic Progress Rate -- and No. 1 among major football-playing state universities. The football team's cumulative GPA is 2.7, said a Rutgers official.

"Our performance of our team academically is right there with the Rutgers student body -- which, by the way, is one of the highest achievement groups of general student body populations in the country," Schiano said. "Then when you try to compare (the football team's) frame of reference, with the 119 Division 1-A football-playing schools, we're seventh in the country in Academic Progress Rate and we are first (among) state universities.

"So we take a great deal of pride in our academic performance."

http://www.nj.com/rutgers/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1190869061277650.xml&coll=1

I can't recall any RU player ever having problems with the law. And I think the professor and Schiano are probably both right.

Ankf00
09-27-07, 11:18 AM
the professor's logic is flawed in that if the ath dept isn't there, the funds for those scholarships don't exist. So yes, indeed, many are merely going through the motions to play D-1 ball, but there's many still who mind their affairs and eventually take their lsat, gmat, etc.

Andrew Longman
09-27-07, 11:31 AM
Not entirely true.

NJ is broke and RU had its budget cut. A huge number of classes were cut and six varsity sports including crew, fencing and swimming were cut to make up a several million shortfall.

Meanwhile, they gave Schiano a big raise and approved plans to expand the stadium again.

The agrument is that academic and other compromises necessary to compete at the top level skews priority. The prof, like many, believe football and basketball programs, as conducted at the top level is off strategy and mission for what colleges are supposed to do. The problem with that is those pesky fans have so much fun watching it.

As pleased as I am that RU ranks #1 academically among state schools and #7 overall, and the players all seem to demonstrate good character, achieving that with only a 2.7 average GPA is not that impressive. I don't know, maybe it is but I would hope for better.

Ankf00
09-27-07, 11:57 AM
you want more varsity sports that aren't leaching off university funds? you need football and basketball to bring in that revenue. keep in mind many of the schollies for the other sports are partial to begin with. If RU wants to go the Ivy route w/ DIII, more power to them. but the potential income from football and basketball aiding other legit student athletes in other sports outweighs the negatives, imo

Andrew Longman
09-27-07, 12:14 PM
you want more varsity sports that aren't leaching off university funds? you need football and basketball to bring in that revenue.

I'm just representing the opposing viewpoint, mind you. ;)

What's the role of athletics in academics in the first place. When Princeton took on Rutgers in 1869 the idea was that college should develop the entire person; intellectually, physically and morally (i.e., character). All were needed to prepare a young gentleman for a life of leadership. And there was a certain tribal pride in kicking those kids' ass from up the road in New Brunswick.

Sports such as crew, squash and fencing are important for those students who don't happen to weigh 300 pounds, run a 4.3 40, or slam dunk. And they give opportunities to students who have ability to compete at a level beyond intramurals.

From what I understand, most D1 football programs don't make much money if they make any at all, though I also understand there is some murcky accounting around it because of indirect revenue it attracts such as added alumni donations and enrollment (it has for example at Rutgers).

Regardless, in NJ at a time when the school is laying off staff and faculty and cutting everything, it is maddening to some that the football program is and apparently always will be off limits.

dando
09-27-07, 12:16 PM

I don't know who should be more ashamed, the QB for having to pay for sex, or the OSU math department. :laugh:

He's only 3rd string...of course he has to pay, yo. :gomer:

Henton musta had his shoes while counting his jack. They don't teach the shoesies off math until 2nd year for the foosball guys @ The OSU. ;)

Any which way you slice it: :shakehead.

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-27-07, 03:06 PM
When Whitlock's take agreed with mine on the Gundy/Carlson thing, I was frightened, considering how much of a bloated windbag the man is. But Wojo agrees as well: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3038029&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Carlson wasn't even at the Troy game, so she was publishing the ONLY solid "fact" in her column through 2nd hand info, and Reid's mom says she wasn't feeding him, but grabbed a piece of chicken for herself.

racermike
09-27-07, 09:56 PM
#6 Cal vs. #11 Oregon this weekend

skaven
09-27-07, 11:58 PM
Go Ducks ! ! ! (sure why not... even though when Cal loses, that diminishes our "signature" win over UT - but none of that matters if we can't beat the LSU's of the south anyway.)

Go Gators ! ! ! (revenge vs. Auburn is at hand...)

SEC Motivational Posters (http://www.talkweather.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43531) :D

ferrarigod
09-28-07, 12:16 AM
Skaven, if UF plays against Auburn like they did against Ole Miss, I'll be hearing 'its great to beat a florida gator' echoing the halls as i walk home from ben hill griffin saturday night.

hasn't happen with me there since LSU '05 and I'd prefer it not happen.

dando
09-28-07, 08:38 AM
Skaven, if UF plays against Auburn like they did against Ole Miss, I'll be hearing 'its great to beat a florida gator' echoing the halls as i walk home from ben hill griffin saturday night.

I can't wait to sing dat shizzle as I'm leaving The Schott this December. :)

-Kevin

ferrarigod
09-28-07, 02:13 PM
I can't wait to sing dat shizzle as I'm leaving The Schott this December. :)

-Kevin

you're welcome.

just sing it right.

'i said its great(its great), to beat (to beat) a Florida Gator,,,,,,,,, its great(its great), to beat(to beat) a Florida Gator

mix. shake well. repeat.

Ankf00
09-28-07, 02:49 PM
since you're not a gator, why would that bother you? :confused:

btw: Frannycakes is as good as gone from Collie Station, this is bad news for Mack, http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big12/stories/MYSA092807.01D.FBC.Aggies.Franchione.en.34050d6.ht ml Chris Peterson, holla!

COLLEGE STATION — Texas A&M football coach Dennis Franchione said Thursday he has discontinued a secret e-mail newsletter sent to select boosters willing to pay $1,200 per year for team information that Franchione routinely has withheld from the public.

"Privately, Coach told me last night that Earvin (Taylor) and Pierre (Brown) are very steady but with average speed," McKenzie wrote. "Kerry (Franks) has great speed, but (is) inconsistent in receiving."

can anyone say "HIPAA violation?" can anyone say "NCAA violation regarding sports betting?"

I knew it was probably going to be controversial," Franchione said. "I certainly didn't mean for it to be that. When I knew you guys were starting to ask around a bit, I thought, 'Maybe we shouldn't do this.'"

In the newsletter, called "VIP Connection," Franchione discussed player injuries in detail and offered sometimes-critical assessments of his players.

oh yea, and the author, he's a b/cs agricultural college graduate, and is usually the SAEN's aggy mouthpiece. funee.

Spicoli
09-28-07, 03:03 PM
ND, non-favs by 23 points. :D

Beat Purdue!!!!!!!

Gnam
09-28-07, 04:29 PM
#6 Cal vs. #11 Oregon this weekend

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3299/wpduckearsnh3.jpg

Silly Ducks. Winning is for Bears. :p

dando
09-28-07, 06:08 PM
ND, non-favs by 23 points. :D

Beat Purdue!!!!!!!

Take Perdoo and give the points. Drink up, Spickly. :tony:

-Kevin

skaven
09-28-07, 08:52 PM
I can't wait to sing dat shizzle as I'm leaving The Schott this December.

-Kevin

Ready for some basketball already???

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/OSUPlate.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

Sincerely,

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/banners2-1.jpg

ferrarigod
09-28-07, 10:50 PM

I got my thinking cap on at lunch today. It wasn't 2005 for UF's loss to LSU at home, it was 2004. Urban has yet to lose at home, and the home and away proves it was '04.

Well I def. would prefer a win. Look for me, I'll be the one wearing white.

skaven
09-29-07, 12:21 AM
I was wondering about that as in 2005 we lost at LSU. Tebow was there visiting LSU on a recruiting trip... luckily he chose UF. Have fun at the swamp yol

2004 was under Zook. Ughh... and :yuck:

And dando, I almost hope you guys win in December - you deserve a measure of revenge. I was pretty upset with the Big11 when the media was pushing for a Michigan-OSU championship game, but it worked out (still want a playoff system though). You guys have a passion for the college game uncommon outside of the south, and that makes the game better for all of us. Cheers and best wishes for a good season. :thumbup:

Besides, I need to start showing some humility as I see UF dropping some games with our young defense... maybe as soon as tomorrow.

Ankf00
09-29-07, 03:12 AM
skaven,stfu you f'ing sell out.

ferrarigod doesn't have his appy st shirt on. shocking... :gomer:

greenie
09-29-07, 04:07 AM
Looking forward to seeing the Greenies whip LSU in a few hours on ESPN 2 (parking place of the IRL). Minus 41.5, my ass (I'm holding out for that 1/2 point to get to 42 and I'm loading up) :tony:

Ankf00
09-29-07, 08:25 AM
yay gameday

Sean O'Gorman
09-29-07, 10:27 AM
I heard that the ink had already dried on ferrarigod's USF application by the time the fourth quarter rolled around. :gomer:

Insomniac
09-29-07, 11:16 AM
Another year, WVU doesn't live up to the hype...

skaven
09-29-07, 11:42 AM
skaven,stfu you f'ing sell out.

I'm serious, college football wouldn't be the same without over-hyped teams from the midwest. It's part of the pageantry and ritual :gomer:

Spicoli
09-29-07, 01:48 PM

I'm serious, college football wouldn't be the same without over-hyped teams from the midwest. It's part of the pageantry and ritual :gomer:

YeaH, LIKE pURDUE.

{caps lock}

Another embarrassing gameday for the irish.....:(

jcollins28
09-29-07, 02:48 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5417/image001wc1.jpg

dando
09-29-07, 04:16 PM
IU > than Iowa :laugh:

Ferentz == O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D! :tony:

-Kevin

dando
09-29-07, 04:19 PM
Another year, WVU doesn't live up to the hype...

Scarlet letters will be next. So much for the Big lEast being legit, yo. :laugh: :tony:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-29-07, 05:54 PM
folsom field, HOLLA!!!!!!

jcollins28
09-29-07, 06:05 PM
folsom field, HOLLA!!!!!!

How is Texas doing?

Ankf00
09-29-07, 06:20 PM
How is Texas doing?

not great, horrible actually :(, still better than getting pwn3d by mighty utah :tony:

jcollins28
09-29-07, 06:26 PM
not great, horrible actually :(, still better than getting pwn3d by mighty utah :tony:

:cry:

jcollins28
09-29-07, 06:37 PM
http://www.moviepublicity.com/image_assets/wedding_crashers_DF-14916-17F.jpg

Crab Cakes And Football, That's What Maryland Does!

Ankf00
09-29-07, 07:01 PM
Ron Prince > Mack

dando
09-29-07, 07:05 PM
Ron Prince > Mack

Got D? :gomer:

Make room in the Top 5 for The OSU, yo. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-29-07, 07:11 PM
i'm getting ucla ore st on tv, too bad it's not cal/oregon

dando
09-29-07, 07:12 PM
Wisky vs. MSU >1K total offense. :eek:

Tuff way for the Duckies to lose vs. Cal.

-Kevin

EDwardo
09-29-07, 07:15 PM
Bad day for the top ten.