PDA

View Full Version : Penske Riddle

nrc
08-03-07, 01:51 AM
If Roger Penske talks about the split and nobody cares does it make a sound?

"Tony George is not interested in giving up his authority on the series because it might one day damage the Indy 500."http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0%2c23739%2c22176342-5012789%2c00.html

chop456
08-03-07, 02:00 AM
If someone detonated an atomic bomb in the infield, it would only cause slightly more damage than the dullard has already done himself.

The first step to fixing things is having a foundation in reality.

greenie
08-03-07, 02:16 AM
Still saving the 500 is he? Thankfully for all swimmers in distress, Tony's not a lifeguard. :tony:

Penske's goose stepping b/c it's now official that Tony's his surrogate bitch - and it's getting worse by the minute. In fact, don't be surprised if Tony's rushed to Methodist Hospital to give birth to a litter of liver spotted rug rats.

Spicoli
08-03-07, 07:37 AM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0%2c23739%2c22176342-5012789%2c00.html

maybe taking out 5000 seats a summer will one day fill er back up. :tony:

Ziggy
08-03-07, 08:08 AM
No doubt Roger is seeing the big picture and licking his chops.

He will become the lone engine supplier real soon. Honda sticking around this long has really extended this entire process. The Earl holding events at roadcourse with these hidious cars is laughable at best, second to that of their staunch fans who were the spear carriers when everything needed "fixed"

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

I hope they enjoy Belle Isle, after going to the first two events there back in the day I can say without second thought that it was the worst racetrack for competitiors and fans EVER.

so in review

1996 = Penske BAD
2007 = Penske is everything wholesome about the Earl:rofl:

Elmo T
08-03-07, 08:24 AM
"Sam Hornish jr (Penske's pin-up driver) is the real American who has really come through over the last few years.

"Obviously Marco Andretti has done a terrific job and you've got Danica Patrick, she's a fabulous woman they way she drives that racecar and you've got Buddy Rice (2004 Indy 500 winner) and Scott Sharp so we've got some Americans."

So I will paraphrase:

Sam Hornish: real American producing results
Marco: Terrific driver
Danica: fabulous woman race car driver
Scott Sharp & Buddy Rice: some extra nondescript Americans in the series

:gomer: :shakehead

mueber
08-03-07, 09:01 AM
No doubt Roger is seeing the big picture and licking his chops.

He will become the lone engine supplier real soon. Honda sticking around this long has really extended this entire process. The Earl holding events at roadcourse with these hidious cars is laughable at best, second to that of their staunch fans who were the spear carriers when everything needed "fixed"

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

I hope they enjoy Belle Isle, after going to the first two events there back in the day I can say without second thought that it was the worst racetrack for competitiors and fans EVER.

so in review

1996 = Penske BAD
2007 = Penske is everything wholesome about the Earl:rofl:

With Penske there is always an ulterior motive, always.

emjaya
08-03-07, 09:21 AM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0%2c23739%2c22176342-5012789%2c00.html

You read the Courier Mail? :saywhat:

Wheel-Nut
08-03-07, 09:39 AM
18 months is just a number.

Chief
08-03-07, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm....wasn't there a rumored "MUTINY" said to be taking place a week ago? Nice gloss-over coverup by the Captain. WHY say this now to the press?

Isn't it funny he's in public saying everythings fine, yet he's planning Hornish's exit strategy? Public comments about his solidarity indicate weakness in the IRL structure to me.....

Where is the IRL leadership and where is the "unified" press release? IS PENSKE the mouthpiece for the IRL?

Ziggy
08-03-07, 12:01 PM
"IS PENSKE the mouthpiece for the IRL"

he is only the second biggest influence in the "League" next to Honda. If he holds to form, he is working on a method to piss off Honda right now :D

Elmo T
08-03-07, 12:06 PM
If he holds to form, he is working on a method to piss off Honda right now :D

Porsche to IRL rumor starting?

extramundane
08-03-07, 12:11 PM
Porsche to IRL rumor starting?

The gomerati started that one back in mid 2005, when the Penske/Porsche deal was announced. Somehow I don't see Stuttgart being too into that scenario.

pchall
08-03-07, 08:01 PM
With Penske there is always an ulterior motive, always.

Pimpske will buy IMS. He's coveted the place for nearly four decades.

Insomniac
08-03-07, 08:59 PM
Pimpske will buy IMS. He's coveted the place for nearly four decades.

And sell it to ISC.

Sean Malone
08-05-07, 09:01 PM
And sell it to ISC.

:thumbup: Good one.:D