PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Room at Osthoff available for CC weekend

Indy
08-01-07, 11:42 AM
Room at Osthoff Resort, Champ Car Weekend, Elkhart Lake:

Arrival: 8/8
Departure: 8/12
I believe you could adjust this to arrive Thursday, depart Monday if you wish.

Style: Woodland Room
This is a regular hotel room with fridge, microwave, whirlpool bath, etc. Very nice. The resort is in the heart of Elkhart Lake. The Woodland rooms are recently remodeled.

Price: $902 for the four night minimum, taxes included. Occupancy of the room is two, per the fire marshall.

I have held this reservation since last year's race. To get it, you will need to replace my credit card number with yours and will then be responsible for all charges. PM me for details.

Spicoli
08-01-07, 01:52 PM
:hardcard:

grungex
08-01-07, 06:07 PM
I have held this reservation since last year's race. To get it, you will need to replace my credit card number with yours and will then be responsible for all charges. PM me for details.

Not going to the race???

Spicoli
08-01-07, 06:50 PM
Not going to the race???

:camping:

Indy
08-01-07, 07:05 PM
Not going to the race???

You going? :gomer:

grungex
08-01-07, 07:17 PM
Probably raceday only, I think my GF has something planned for Saturday, and we're going to see the White Sox on Friday. No hardcard this year, though :cry: , might still try for a couple of overcrews. I hate asking for favours...

So you're camping?

Spicoli
08-01-07, 07:27 PM
Probably raceday only, I think my GF has something planned for Saturday, and we're going to see the White Sox on Friday. No hardcard this year, though :cry: , might still try for a couple of overcrews. I hate asking for favours...

So you're camping?

more like drinking and passing ooot.:laugh:

Indy
08-01-07, 07:49 PM

So you're camping?

GF has something planned? Babysball game?

Damn, dude, you gotta work on your priorities!!! :gomer:

grungex
08-01-07, 07:54 PM

:D I'll be at the race without fail. Getting lodging up there is not easy, even when you know people, and I sure as hell am not sleeping anywhere near Spicoli! Thus my apparent lack of priorities. Friday would be unpossible, anyway, because I've been called to grand jury duty in Chicago. :flame: :mad:

Ed_Severson
08-01-07, 07:54 PM

Especially if you're going to see the Sux. I hope you're being compensated for your inconvenience. :D

grungex
08-01-07, 07:55 PM
I hope you're being compensated for your inconvenience. :D

You could say that ;-)

I picked a hell of a year to get re-acquainted with baseball... :p

Indy
08-01-07, 08:00 PM
Do you know that the ALMS is running on Saturday?

You may as well go. Grand jury duty in Chicago? Your days are numbered, man. Live it up. :D

Ed_Severson
08-01-07, 08:00 PM
Just curious, but are you gonna want pit access or no?

Spicoli
08-01-07, 08:06 PM

Yes. :D specifically I want to sit hotpit with NHL.

Indy
08-01-07, 08:07 PM

Oooooh, me too! :rofl:

grungex
08-01-07, 09:06 PM

Hell yeah. :)

Ripped
08-01-07, 09:35 PM

So you're camping?

You aren't g... Oh, never mind.

grungex
08-01-07, 09:38 PM

:llama::rofl: :rofl:

Spicoli
08-01-07, 09:39 PM

his vaginal area is sore. :D

RHR_Fan
08-01-07, 09:48 PM
his vaginal area is sore. :D

Dear lord! :eek:

TRDfan
08-01-07, 09:54 PM
For those wanting a cheaper (non-camping) alternative - I just cancelled a
room at the Manitowoc AmericInn - about 35 miles from the track.

Since my group will only be there two nights, we're heading to the general admission area at Plymouth Rock.

Indy
08-02-07, 08:56 PM
Still available.

Methanolandbrats
08-02-07, 09:40 PM
I'll open the bidding at $375 :)

Spicoli
08-02-07, 11:22 PM
I'll open the bidding at $375 :)

http://i13.tinypic.com/4muceba.jpg

Indy
08-06-07, 01:10 PM
Just had another potential suitor leave me at the altar. The room is available yet again.

Everyone needs to stay at the Osthoff at least once. This means you. :D

TrueBrit
08-06-07, 02:00 PM
Just had another potential suitor leave me at the altar. The room is available yet again.

Not for bloody $900 they don't!!

gpflepsen
08-06-07, 02:00 PM

If we end up with monsoons all weekend, I might call ya! :)

Spicoli
08-06-07, 02:24 PM
If we end up with monsoons all weekend, I might call ya! :)

mid 80's hi
mid 60's low

20% chance of precip.

RHR_Fan
08-06-07, 02:30 PM
mid 80's hi
mid 60's low

20% chance of precip.

Any word on humidity?

Spicoli
08-06-07, 02:38 PM
Any word on humidity?

www.weather.com

:gomer:

:wave:

spinner26
08-06-07, 02:42 PM
Any word on humidity?

Humidity is the amount of water vapor in air. Absolute humidity, relative humidity, and specific humidity are different ways to express the water content in a parcel of air. Relative humidity is the most frequently used of these expressions because of its importance in weather forecasting.

Relative humidity indicates the likelihood of precipitation, dew, or fog. High relative humidity makes people feel hotter outside in the summer because it reduces the effectiveness of sweating to cool the body by preventing the evaporation of perspiration from the skin. This effect is calculated in a heat index table. Warm water vapor has more thermal energy than cool water vapor and therefore more of it evaporates into warm air than into cold air.
Contents

that wipiki place:laugh:

Methanolandbrats
08-06-07, 03:17 PM
The dewpoint is the best way to measure the impact of humidity on human comfort. Dewpoint of 50 or below everyone is comfortable, around 60 and it's a little muggy, 65 and people are sticky all the time and the weather sucks. Above 70 and everyone is miserable. Dewpoints will be upper 60s and trending toward low 60s at RA friday to sunday. In other words the weather will trend from awful to uncomfortable as the weekend progresses.

gpflepsen
08-06-07, 03:49 PM
The dewpoint is the best way to measure the impact of humidity on human comfort. Dewpoint of 50 or below everyone is comfortable, around 60 and it's a little muggy, 65 and people are sticky all the time and the weather sucks. Above 70 and everyone is miserable. Dewpoints will be upper 60s and trending toward low 60s at RA friday to sunday. In other words the weather will trend from awful to uncomfortable as the weekend progresses.

Shat, I'm leaving 98°F behind for the weekend, and 82°F looks damn comfy for Sunday!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67.

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 89.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 64.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 64.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Rosco
08-06-07, 04:18 PM
I Hear the weather is just great in Indy today, not hot or humid, should be a good day for mowing the grass, the weather here in the desert is very comfortable, nice day for golf, feels like winter time here, 20 percent humidity, 93 the high :D

A special note for my 3 loved ones below, GFU and the top one twice

Spicoli
08-06-07, 05:18 PM
Hear the weather is just great in Indy today, very comfortable, nice day for golf, winter time here 93 today, 20 percent humidity :D

HUH? :saywhat:

you not good at the sentence.:shakehead

RHR_Fan
08-06-07, 06:37 PM
Guess I should have "spoken" more clearly. :D I can deal with heat, but if it's going to be humid that won't be as nice.

cameraman
08-06-07, 06:59 PM
Even better, you could have "spoken" more clearly.:D

RHR_Fan
08-06-07, 08:57 PM
Even better, you could have "spoken" more clearly.:D

I wasn't sure if it was clear or clearly. Don't hate! :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
08-06-07, 09:22 PM
Guess I should have "spoken" more clearly. :D I can deal with heat, but if it's going to be humid that won't be as nice.
It will be seasonal, not tropical like it is today. Humidity will be DECREASING as weekend progresses. :thumbup:

Ripped
08-07-07, 09:51 AM
It will be seasonal, not tropical like it is today. Humidity will be DECREASING as weekend progresses. :thumbup:

Right now there is only one way for the freaking humididity to go.

robot9000
08-07-07, 11:25 AM

Try this:

Room is Still there......Still there......Still there.....Still there......Still there....

Man, I kill me. :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
08-07-07, 11:43 AM
Try this:

Room is Still there......Still there......Still there.....Still there......Still there....

Man, I kill me. :laugh: That's because most people are staying outside....outside.....outside.....outside........ ..

RHR_Fan
08-07-07, 11:49 AM

That's what I've been hearing. Channel 15, 3, 27 and the Weather Channel all say different for the weekend!

Spicoli
08-07-07, 12:21 PM
That's what I've been hearing. Channel 15, 3, 27 and the Weather Channel all say different for the weekend!

OMG! OMG! OMG! TTYL8R!!!!!!

:p

RHR_Fan
08-07-07, 02:53 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG! TTYL8R!!!!!!

:p

Shut up you! :p :tony:

Spicoli
08-07-07, 03:05 PM
oopsie

Spicoli
08-07-07, 03:06 PM
Shut up you! :p :tony:

http://i9.tinypic.com/4y8o6cj.jpg

Hesketh
08-10-07, 02:50 PM

There's more entertainment value if you sit in FCR's pit.

:laugh:

Bob_S.
08-10-07, 04:29 PM
I Hear the weather is just great in Indy today, not hot or humid, should be a good day for mowing the grass, the weather here in the desert is very comfortable, nice day for golf, feels like winter time here, 20 percent humidity, 93 the high :D

A special note for my 3 loved ones below, GFU and the top one twice

http://www.joe-cool.dk/blog/wp-content/oldlady1.jpg
:shakehead :tony: