PDA

View Full Version : From the crazy rumor mill, the 2008 schedule

emjaya
07-31-07, 09:55 AM
Don't be surprised if the 2008 Champ Car schedule presents a few rearrangements, particularly concerning the distribution of races throughout the year and several date switches.

It appears that Champ Cars is considering a second half of the season where races would be first held in Europe (during the summer; three dates are "reserved" but no venues are associated to them; it is expected that the events in Assen and Zolder will be repeated), followed by a North American leg (with two American or one American and one Canadian or Mexican race; the future of the Mexico City race is so-so and it may well be jettisoned from the calendar...) and then by an excursion to Asia. It appears that three dates are being "reserved" for Asia - China, Australia and... possibly New Zealand (in this tentative sequence).

Once again, this is Rumor Mill Radio so please take it from a grain of salt. But the sources are good.

Make of it what you will.

From here (http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98914)

Kiwifan
07-31-07, 02:26 PM
Ha! New Zealand? Nobody down here would know about Champ Car apart from a few long suffering fans. Now if it was on TV,,,,,

Nice find em'.

Rusty.

RHR_Fan
07-31-07, 02:48 PM
China again? :rofl: :saywhat:

extramundane
07-31-07, 03:15 PM

http://www.snoopygift.com/prodimg/1005.jpg

Chief
07-31-07, 03:53 PM
With the exception of China....that sounds like the 2007 rehash. No news is just no news here.

RTKar
07-31-07, 09:14 PM
They oughta race in China 5 or 6 times...build a huge following, there's zillions of 'em just waiting for ChampCar. :rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
07-31-07, 09:22 PM
They oughta race in China 5 or 6 times...build a huge following, there's zillions of 'em just waiting for ChampCar. :rolleyes: Thousands of the poor bastards have been standing in line for three years to buy tickets :(

NismoZ
08-01-07, 12:09 AM
Heck, there's even talk still of getting Ansan on line! Also perhaps two 2-race European tours separating Assen and Zolder as they are so close to one another. I've heard Donnington and Athens mentioned most often but there are others asking CC for info. Even the IRL is mentioning Estoril for cryin' out loud. That Grand Vision continues to grow.:D I think CC needs more teams, cars and cash not more tracks. If that cash is coming my guess is most of it will be from Europe and they'll want another race or two.

Fio1
08-01-07, 12:11 AM

Na, South Korea! :rofl:

Indy
08-01-07, 02:23 AM
No RA, no interest.

jonovision_man
08-01-07, 06:26 AM
Ha! New Zealand? Nobody down here would know about Champ Car apart from a few long suffering fans. Now if it was on TV,,,,,

Nice find em'.

Rusty.

That applies to many of the new markets they go into.

With enough promotion it seems to work. Edmonton is a good example, I know a lot of people who didn't know the sport at all that have attended every race there now.

jono

Kiwifan
08-01-07, 06:43 AM
It was a bit rough, tongue in cheek throw away line jono. I know there are a lot of fans who do know about Champ Car. Thousands of us cross the ditch to see them every year and did so BEFORE the V8s came to the party. Hi oow. ;) If the V8s are on, cool, all the more racing but if not I'd still go.

I really hope someone can sort out the TV deal World Wide because I fear without it it the series won't grow.

Spot ya at the track.

Rusty.

Spicoli
08-01-07, 07:33 AM
No RA, no interest.

:confused:

where'd you get that?

jonovision_man
08-01-07, 08:06 AM
It was a bit rough, tongue in cheek throw away line jono. I know there are a lot of fans who do know about Champ Car. Thousands of us cross the ditch to see them every year and did so BEFORE the V8s came to the party. Hi oow. ;) If the V8s are on, cool, all the more racing but if not I'd still go.

How long ago was that? The series has ... errrm... changed a lot in the last decade.

Anyone else notice that the new races being talked about align with the F1 calendar? Even a race in Australia Lite. ;) :D

jono

Ed_Severson
08-01-07, 08:45 AM
:confused:

where'd you get that?

I think he's just sayin' that if Road America isn't on the schedule, he ain't watchin' anymore.

Methanolandbrats
08-01-07, 09:11 AM
No RA, no interest. This is correct. And add a couple more NATURAL terrain road courses.

KLang
08-01-07, 09:12 AM
I think he's just sayin' that if Road America isn't on the schedule, he ain't watchin' anymore.

You are probably right, but RA wasn't mentioned one way or the other in the rumor.

FTG
08-01-07, 11:51 AM
You are probably right, but RA wasn't mentioned one way or the other in the rumor.

But if you don't start worrying about losing RA next year, you might actually enjoy RA this year and if you actually enjoy a race, you will be,,,, taunted,,, with commas,,,,

(I enjoy the races more than I fear punctuation, but some people are terrified of being attacked by commas.)

Methanolandbrats
08-01-07, 12:24 PM
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

jonovision_man
08-01-07, 12:48 PM
This is correct. And add a couple more NATURAL terrain road courses.

Where?

In the U.S.? Not a chance. Not enough support.

Europe possibly, if the tracks are willing to pick up the tab.

Canada no, Mexico might lose one if anything...

jono

pchall
08-01-07, 12:54 PM
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

http://www.sondrak.com/archive/skpics/monty%20python%20french.jpg

The Quest for the Holy Vanderbilt Cup is tougher than you think, especially when you must race in France.