PDA

View Full Version : Katherine Legge Futility Thread

Dr. Corkski
07-29-07, 09:38 PM
« Lap 13 - YELLOW FLAG #11 LEGGE is in the wall in Turn 2.

Methanolandbrats
07-29-07, 09:40 PM
Chassis problem.................too much understeer :gomer:

mapguy
07-29-07, 09:47 PM
Chassis problem.................too much understeer :gomer:

Fun bags getting in the way.

tantra
07-29-07, 10:47 PM
I wasn't at the race, but I can imagine KL saying the same thing to Dale as she said tp him at Cleveland. "Dale, you're gone'a f...ing kill me."

Seems to me, after listening to her pit communication at Cleveland for three days, that she has engineeing problems. At the 'roar by the shore', she reported snap oversteer each day and they were never able to improve the situation for her.

It may be that she just over-drove the car at San Jose, but her car has consistently been a beast and she has been trying her best to help them sort things out.

Perhaps she doesn't have what it takes, but she (and Bruno) have been all over Dale asking for help and it doesn't seem to be happening.

Anybody here know anything about engineering a PanozDP01? Looking for a job?

Methanolandbrats
07-30-07, 08:49 AM
Anybody here know anything about engineering a PanozDP01? Looking for a job?
solution------------->
http://www.phila.gov/streets/images/jimmy_dumpster.gif

spinner26
07-30-07, 11:22 AM
I'd put Milka Duno against that friggin limey and betcha I'd get better results. This attempt at monkey see monkey do has failed miserably. Get her out of the car asap.:thumdown:

Just one more case to prove KK has more money than sense.:shakehead

cameraman
07-30-07, 01:14 PM
I'd put Milka Duno against that friggin limey and betcha I'd get better results.
:saywhat:

That is complete and utter bollocks

Methanolandbrats
07-30-07, 01:19 PM
I'd put Milka Duno against that friggin limey and betcha I'd get better results. This attempt at monkey see monkey do has failed miserably. Get her out of the car asap.:thumdown:

Driving to the grocery store pegs Milkers talent meter..........no f'n way she outdrives Legge.

Insomniac
07-30-07, 02:04 PM
I'd put Milka Duno against that friggin limey and betcha I'd get better results.

You've lost your mind.

TrueBrit
07-30-07, 02:57 PM

I hate to pile-on, but you are completely out of your tree if you think that the 'friggin limey' is worse than Milko Don'tKnow...Out of your tree....

spinner26
07-30-07, 04:19 PM
That's why I love this forum, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it can be stated w/o all the BS you end up with at other sites.

Respectfully I say ya'll are nuts. KL was / is a PR stunt to counter the opposition , was thrown at the wall and has yet to stick, IMHO.;)

Methanolandbrats
07-30-07, 04:23 PM
Remember Legge's run at Road America last year? Before the wing fell off, she was P5 or something and having a good run. Milkers would not even be within 10 seconds of Legge's lap time there. Ever watch Milkers "race" in sports cars..............she's SLOOOOOOOOWWWW.

Gnam
07-30-07, 04:45 PM
1. KL was / is a PR stunt to counter the opposition...
2. I'd put Milka Duno against that friggin limey and betcha I'd get better results.
Two separate topics. You can debate KK's reasons for hiring KL, but one thing she isn't is a ride buyer.

BTW if Milka could take KL, what does that say about Figge? :laugh:

Fio1
07-30-07, 06:05 PM
Saying Milka is better then Katherine is ridiculous beyond belief. But, saying that katherine Legge belongs in CCWS after these 2 seasons is pushing it as well. It was a publicity stunt to put her in the series and it has generated 1-25th of the publicity Danica generated. The fact that she keeps making mistakes and hasn't really improved means that she doesn't deserve a seat for next year.

jcollins28
07-30-07, 08:08 PM
Remember Legge's run at Road America last year? Before the wing fell off, she was P5 or something and having a good run. Milkers would not even be within 10 seconds of Legge's lap time there. Ever watch Milkers "race" in sports cars..............she's SLOOOOOOOOWWWW.

See that's the problem. He thought he was watching Milka in the Sporty cars. Little did he know he was watching Andy Wallace. :rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
07-30-07, 08:30 PM

Just one more case to prove KK has more money than sense.:shakeheadWrong.:rolleyes:

shaggy_socal
07-30-07, 08:57 PM
It was a publicity stunt to put her in the series and it has generated 1-25th of the publicity Danica generated. The fact that she keeps making mistakes and hasn't really improved means that she doesn't deserve a seat for next year.

The reason she never got the publicity is that CC never pimped her out like the IRL did with Danica.

How good is Kat's technical feedback?
Is she able to give detailed feedback to the engineers so that they can make better decisions on how to set the car up?

Dr. Corkski
07-30-07, 09:26 PM
The reason she never got the publicity is that CC never pimped her out like the IRL did with Danica.Which just shows how useless CC marketing is when they won't actually use her for the only thing she would remotely be worth anything to CC, especially since they have been seeing that she has been just about worthless on racing tracks the last two years.

How good is Kat's technical feedback?
Is she able to give detailed feedback to the engineers so that they can make better decisions on how to set the car up?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FTG
07-31-07, 08:32 AM
I think we can consider the experiment a failure. Although, I thought she was brought up when the merger talks were going on so she could get some experience. I thought the plan was probably to start hyping Danica versus Katherine - post remergification - which might've worked if it had ever happened.

It would've made the racing at the back of the field more meaningful to some people and maybe some sponsors.

Andrew Longman
07-31-07, 09:22 AM
I somehow think Kat will not be in a car next year, but we'll see.

Keep in mind that for much of last year, the first half especially, PKV was in engineering disarray. And this year Coyne hasn't exactly shown engineering brilliance (as always). Bruno sometimes manages to throw the car up the field but it never lasts.

Kat has shown she can drive a car solidly at mid pack. But either she can't give useful feedback or the team doesn't know what to do with it.

robot9000
07-31-07, 10:08 AM
I don't think she is gonna storm the podium any time soon, but I think she is a moderatly talented driver stuck in a Coyne car. She did moderatly better in the PKV car, but they were new and not exactly setting the world on fire then either.

Coyne is around only because he's become CC's holding pen for drivers CC wants to keep on the radar, but don't bring money. He's like Champcars tempoary staffing agency or somthing. I am sure he has good guys working there and all, but he's a perpetual back marker team for some reason. Its like he learned to run a team from Dick Simon or AJ. I am not sure how well Legge would do if she was with a better team, but ya gotta belive it would be better. Yeah, I know, that the Standard Issue Excuse for poor driver performance :p But hey, look how a lot of us thought Nelson was some rich kid ride buyer out of his league. Just needed a few seasons and a decent team and several millions of dollars and he became quite the respectable mid-packer :D

Insomniac
07-31-07, 11:47 AM
I think she has the skill to drive the car (she's not in over her head), but lacks the consistency needed to contend.

Race - Qualified/Finished/Fastest Lap
Houston - 15th/14th (-15)/13th (out of 17)
Monterrey - 17th/14th (-2)/7th (out of 16)
Milwaukee - 8th/6th (-2)/7th (out of 16)
Portland - 15th/13th (-2)/15th (out of 18)
Cleveland - 14th/8th (-1)/8th (out of 17)
Toronto - 15th/14th (-21, Contact)/4th (out of 17)
Edmonton - 15th/13th (-12)/10th (out of 17)
San Jose - 15th/12th (-7)/2nd (out of 17)
Denver - 15th/9th (-1)/11th (out of 15)
Montreal - 16th/13th (-6)/13th (out of 17)
Road America - 8th/16th (-6, Contact [CC doesn't have a classification for lucky to be alive])/11th (out of 17)
Australia - 16th/15th (-17, Contact)/15th (out of 17)
Mexico City - 13th/16th (-3)/12th (out of 18)

Las Vegas - 13th/6th (-1:21.260)/10th (out of 17)
Long Beach - 18th/10th (-9.886)/6th (out of 17)
Houston - 17th/16th (-27, Contact)/17th (out of 17)
Portland - 16th/17th (-4, Mechanical)/14th (out of 17)
Cleveland - 15th/15th (-57, Mechanical)/15th (out of 17)
Mont-Tremblant - 16th/11th (-46.590)/12th (out of 17)
Toronto - 16th/16th (-73, Contact)/No Lap Time Recorded
Edmonton - 15th./16th (-60, Mechanical)/17th (out of 17)
San Jose - 16th/16th (-94, Contact)/16th (out of 17)

After compiling all that, I'm not sure what to think. She had a better 2006 season it seems like. Although, she never finished on the lead lap, so it seems she is pushing harder this year (if she actually finishes, it's on the lead lap).

At the end of the day, does she deserve a ride in CC based on performance? I say no. But, then again, that stopped being the criteria for a ride a long time ago. She isn't a moving chicane out there like Milka, that's for sure. She needs to up her qualifying pace and keep her nose clean to have a better year this year than last (and the car needs to stop breaking).

pressdog
07-31-07, 05:20 PM
I read that when Speedy Dan Banzai-ed under Legge at San Jose, he cut her right rear with is nose wing (which he lost) and the tire went down as she came into turn 2. Hence, the wall. (Sorry, I have no link.) The DP01 is about as durable as wedding cake.

cameraman
07-31-07, 05:23 PM
Seems to be the case.

Katherine Legge's run of miserable luck in the Champ Car World Series continued in San Jose where she was forced to retire after a mechanical failure pitched her Dale Coyne Racing car into the wall early in the race.

Already frustrated at having to start 16th after gearbox problems had blighted her second qualifying session, the Briton had hoped to take advantage of both the sort of pace she had shown in free practice and the rate of attrition expected of the tough Redback Raceway street circuit to make up places and score some decent points. Instead, contact from a rival began the downward slide towards an early exit.

Having been held up by Robert Doornbos stalled and damaged car at the hairpin on the opening lap, Legge was in the wrong place at the wrong times as the Dutchman's Minardi team-mate, Dan Clarke, attempted to make up time after his own early problem.Scything inside Doornbos, Clarke was unable to slow enough for the hairpin without clipping the back of Legge's car, breaking his own front wing - for the second times in six laps -and nicking the right rear tyre on the #11 car.

Seven laps later, the damaged tyre gave out at just the wrong moment, Legge turning into the quick second corner. Unable to get the car turned as the tyre deflated, she was a passenger as it hit the wall, the resulting damage enough to end her race on the spot.

"It was disappointing to have another early end to my race," Legge sighed,"I was hit by Dan Clarke early in the race and the hit cut my tyre. Then, a couple of laps later, the tyre went as I was going into turn two. It locked up my front left and put me into the wall.""

Legge now has a week off before the series returns to Road America, the scene of an even bigger accident in her rookie season last year. Undeterred by the memory, however, the Briton is confident that she and the Dale Coyne team can turn their current fortunes around.

"At least we tested at Road America, so we have some knowledge of how the car will be there," she reasoned, "Right now, I just want to come out and do well in two weeks' time - and get out of this cycle of exiting races early."

cameraman
07-31-07, 05:29 PM
The DP01 is about as durable as wedding cake. Name the open wheel race car that continues racing after slamming into a wall at a rather steep angle.:saywhat:

Gnam
07-31-07, 05:33 PM
At least Kat didn't break her back. :p

edit: what was the reason for Clarke's retirement? No more wings, busted suspension, or no more chances from Race Control?

cameraman
07-31-07, 06:11 PM
They said on the TV coverage that Minardi was out of nose wings and they were back in the paddock trying to build another in case Doorknob needed another. Then they made some crack about the Haas parts trailer.

Insomniac
07-31-07, 06:16 PM
Seems to be the case.

I wonder if the pressure on the tire was dropping and DCR missed it?

Insomniac
07-31-07, 06:18 PM
They said on the TV coverage that Minardi was out of nose wings and they were back in the paddock trying to build another in case Doorknob needed another. Then they made some crack about the Haas parts trailer.

Yeah, they broke 3 of them. I guess they only had one spare front wing per car. But they are much cheaper than the Lola ones. :) Speedy Dan over Nelson Phillipe was a stupid decision.

nrc
07-31-07, 07:05 PM
The DP01 is about as durable as wedding cake.That #14 wedding cake looked pretty durable climbing over someone on lap one, going to the back and then coming through the field to win the race.

Don Quixote
07-31-07, 07:29 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

FTG
08-02-07, 03:40 PM
Which just shows how useless CC marketing is when they won't actually use her for the only thing she would remotely be worth anything to CC, especially since they have been seeing that she has been just about worthless on racing tracks the last two years.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cork nails another one out of the park.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/champ/2007-08-01-legge_N.htm

trauma1
08-02-07, 04:27 PM
she is better than milk and donuts:rofl:

indyfan31
08-02-07, 04:36 PM
« Lap 13 - YELLOW FLAG #11 LEGGE is in the wall in Turn 2.

Yeah, if piss and vinegar are a science, then Cork's a freakin' genius.

trauma1
08-02-07, 04:37 PM
and the gomertards wants this:rofl: :rofl:
Looks like Erin Crocker is jobless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No link. But she is gone from her NASCAR ride. She will probably end up in the IRL.

opinionated ow
08-02-07, 05:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No link. But she is gone from her NASCAR ride. She will probably end up in the IRL.

where did you come across that? she has spent most of her time doin ARCA anyway

nissan gtp
08-02-07, 05:58 PM

Ray musta got tired of her :D

Spicoli
08-03-07, 12:21 AM
Legge has six DNFs (did not finish) — double the amount of her rookie season — through nine races, including the last three in a row. In April, she was sixth in Las Vegas and 10th in Long Beach, but those have been her lone top-10s all season.

:\

Tim
08-03-07, 01:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=99&id=2951523

Chief
08-03-07, 01:29 AM
Mayfield the "jilted" lover. Hahahhaha....I remember when he dumped his fat wife for a hottie when with Penske, prolly to keep up the image. Now he sues cause Evernham is banging Crocker and she stinks. Hahhahahha:rofl:

trauma1
08-03-07, 10:15 AM
where did you come across that? she has spent most of her time doin ARCA anyway

where do you think dumbnuts crackforum, use your homer simpson peabrain for once:gomer:

RHR_Fan
08-03-07, 11:01 AM
Legge has six DNFs (did not finish) — double the amount of her rookie season — through nine races, including the last three in a row. In April, she was sixth in Las Vegas and 10th in Long Beach, but those have been her lone top-10s all season.

Talk about a stat.

Now we know DCR has the potential. It's been sporadic, but they have had good results. Is Katherine just not improving (I'm pretty sure you can't get worse, maybe in another league) or is DCR just that crappy. PKV wasn't a stand-out last year, but they're better than DCR.

~Nicole

shaggy_socal
08-03-07, 04:45 PM
Talk about a stat.

Now we know DCR has the potential. It's been sporadic, but they have had good results. Is Katherine just not improving (I'm pretty sure you can't get worse, maybe in another league) or is DCR just that crappy. PKV wasn't a stand-out last year, but they're better than DCR.

~Nicole

DCR can put a decent car on the track but they do best when they have a driver that can...
1. Provide good technical feedback on what the car needs and
2. Can take an underperforming car and make it perform on the track.

Dr. Corkski
08-12-07, 11:40 AM
Practice 1
17 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:47.303 +3.859 (+0.491)

Practice 2
15 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:47.417 +4.390 (+0.920)

Qualifying 1
17 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:46.901 +4.516 (+1.469)

Practice 3
17 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:46.697 +3.598 (+0.475)

Practice 4
17 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:47.450 +4.052 (+1.788)

Qualifying 2
16 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:47.271 +5.736 (+0.139)

Warm-up
17 K. Legge 11 Dale Coyne Racing 1:48.257 +3.612 (+0.259)

Ankf00
08-12-07, 05:14 PM
Danicle, Crocker... when's Legge supposed to get a grandpa of her own? :D

ferrarigod
08-12-07, 05:58 PM
on the interview she said that they just couldn't figure out what part is wrong wih the car. in and out of the pits and fixing stuff and all that mess.

i found the solution to the teams problem. its not the lumpy suspension or the lump hooked to the engine mounts. its the lump tied in holding the steering wheel.

HI Champ Car Milky! Now where is our Chavez cashola?????

nrc
08-12-07, 11:12 PM
That clever limey set the engine on fire to deflect the blame from her fun bag impaired driving!

Insomniac
08-13-07, 07:48 AM
I blame Derek Daly. He told all of us to look at her chest.

Chief
08-13-07, 08:18 AM
During the RA broadcast she said she wasn't that excitedd about going to Europe because she wasn't so keen on destroying her career there like she has here (America). She's pizzed to be stuck w/ Coyne and I don't blame her....Junky isn't blowing his opportunity nor is Cookie Boi though.

opinionated ow
08-13-07, 10:32 AM
During the RA broadcast she said she wasn't that excitedd about going to Europe because she wasn't so keen on destroying her career there like she has here (America). She's pizzed to be stuck w/ Coyne and I don't blame her....Junky isn't blowing his opportunity nor is Cookie Boi though.
example number 1 of piss poor career management, and the worst bit is it isn't even her fault! it really pisses me off to see Katherine screwed over so bad. I was one of the ones who said bring her up last year, and after last year (despite a horrific team environment) she had some real moments of glory (the mile, RA pre-crash etc.). I fully expected her to develop further, but it seems the opposite has occurred. perennial underdog team (said with the greatest respect-dale coyne is a personal hero) with a driver needing coaching and instruction. was always going to be tough :(

(right about now, i think i need a katherine hug to cheer me up :laugh: )

Jag_Warrior
08-13-07, 10:56 AM
Cork nails another one out of the park.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/champ/2007-08-01-legge_N.htm

"It wasn't a publicity stunt," says Champ Car World Series co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven, who also is Legge's business manager. "My job is to develop her as a driver. I didn't want to drape her over the front of the car for publicity. I wanted to see if she could drive."

I wonder if he had one of those Duhbya style smirks on his face when he said that?

Kalkhoven didn't bring Legge back to PKV in 2007. Instead, he put her with Dale Coyne Racing, a team that's been a back-marker for most of its two decades.

"Definitely our friendship has suffered," Legge says. "I will always be massively grateful to Kevin. … Everybody says, 'Thousands of people would kill to be where you are right now,' and they would be right. But at the end of the day, I'm the only one who has my best interests at heart."

Well, live & learn.

Legge is less upbeat when it comes to her future than when she was announced with much fanfare before the start of last season. Kalkhoven says she'll be back in 2008, but Legge says she's not certain of that.

I have no objection to exploiting personal characteristics, assuming both parties are aware and have some chance to benefit. But this was an ill planned bank heist. I don't think she's as bad as her results suggest. But I think she needed extra coaching... since she was moved up too soon. And I think Kalkhoven didn't get the job done to make sure that happened.

I was never a huge fan of Legge. But to see a potential asset get wasted like this is kind of sad. The Amigos (or Brothers or whatever) have done a great job in securing important physical assets... the nuts & bolts (as I think Indy put it). But in making the machine work efficiently, thus far, I can't say that I'm all that impressed, considering how much time has passed. 2008 will be the big test of whether or not these guys are serious about this, or if they're just in cost containment/survival mode. If it's semi-pro club racing that they're going to be satisfied with, that's OK. I'll stop expecting anything more and I'll get off their cases.

As for Katherine in '08, my guess is... been nice knowing you. Good luck with whatever you plan on doing going forward.

Insomniac
08-13-07, 03:52 PM
example number 1 of piss poor career management, and the worst bit is it isn't even her fault! it really pisses me off to see Katherine screwed over so bad. I was one of the ones who said bring her up last year, and after last year (despite a horrific team environment) she had some real moments of glory (the mile, RA pre-crash etc.). I fully expected her to develop further, but it seems the opposite has occurred. perennial underdog team (said with the greatest respect-dale coyne is a personal hero) with a driver needing coaching and instruction. was always going to be tough :(

(right about now, i think i need a katherine hug to cheer me up :laugh: )

She needs to perform better than or equal to her teammate before it's not her fault.

Warlock!
08-14-07, 12:39 PM
Good luck with whatever you plan on doing going forward.
Introducing the newest member to Vision Racing...

Katherine Legge!

w00t!

Insomniac
08-14-07, 01:58 PM
Introducing the newest member to Vision Racing...

Katherine Legge!

w00t!

One step closer to the new vision. Men vs. Women. :)