PDA

View Full Version : kid's headsets?

rosawendel
07-28-07, 11:34 AM
when I was at mid-ohio last weekend, i saw small children with headsets, presumably for sound muffling. with the newest pickle maybe being ready to go to the races in a year or so, i was wondering where to get these, so as to preserve of the hearing and coolness of attire?

devilmaster
07-28-07, 11:51 AM
What you would be looking for is 'sound cancelling' headsets.

You can pretty much pick them up anywhere, from the track by racing radios or the like;

But you can also get them at places like bestbuy....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7899722&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08353&id=1149206404858

devilmaster
07-28-07, 12:55 PM
oh yeah, almost forgot, try them all out.

When I went looking at the RR trailer at MIS one year, I was quite surprised at the sound deadening quality between headsets. There can be a major difference, with the best being really expensive - of course.

chop456
07-28-07, 02:52 PM
http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/Peltor_Kid_Earmuffs

Andrew Longman
07-29-07, 10:45 AM
I've just bought ordinary ear protection available at every hardware store. I make sure they can be adjusted to fit their head (almost all do), and let them pick the color so they be more motivated to wear them.

Its worked for three kids and about 12 years and while they don't always listen to me I know their hearing is just fine.;)

ferrarigod
07-31-07, 02:51 PM
who needs headsets???? The thing I mostly remember from the 1987 Columbus 500 was the sounds reverberating off the buildings. Loudness makes it kewl.

:thumbup:

buy a megaphone.

oddlycalm
07-31-07, 04:16 PM
who needs headsets???? The thing I mostly remember from the 1987 Columbus 500 was the sounds reverberating off the buildings. Loudness makes it kewl.

:thumbup:

buy a megaphone. Where would you like your Pete Townsend Tinnitis Achievement award delivered...? :D

oc

TrueBrit
07-31-07, 04:51 PM
Where would you like your Pete Townsend Tinnitis Achievement award delivered...? :D

oc

What?

WHAT?

WHAT??