PDA

View Full Version : Shiggy Meets SAFER

Chief
05-06-03, 05:24 PM
IRL ace Shiggy Hatori made contact with the turn 1 wall at Indy today. Shiggy was taken to Methodist Hospital complaining of facial and back pain.

Wheel-Nut
05-06-03, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Chief
IRL ace Shiggy Hatori made contact with the turn 1 wall at Indy today. Shiggy was taken to Methodist Hospital complaining of facial and back pain.

He will be downgraded tomorrow.

devilmaster
05-06-03, 06:52 PM
The IRL way of injury reporting reminds me of a great Simpsons quote:

"He was taken to Springfield Hospital, where he was pronounced 'dead'. He was then taken to a better Hospital where his condition was upgraded to 'alive'.

:D
Steve

pchall
05-06-03, 08:00 PM
At IMS the drivers are as interchangeable as drill bits.

The real handwringing comes over the condition of the tub.

Chief
05-06-03, 09:14 PM
Yaah, Tuesday nite medical update: Shiggy has a concussion and broken finger. All concerns are now on whether Epson money stays with Foyt w/o Shiggy in the car, w/ Dare in the seat. Drill bits, you said it right pchall.

pchall
05-06-03, 09:16 PM
The back pain is understandable.

But did his face meet AJ's fist?

Railbird
05-06-03, 09:34 PM
I'm hearing the mighty Shigster managed to miss the padding.

He seems to be talented in such matters.

rabbit
05-07-03, 12:03 PM
I remember the first time I saw Shiggy race was a Lights race at Gateway. He spun the car in turn two and backed it into the wall. ESPN showed the onboard camera and as the car was sliding up towards the wall, he took his hands off the wheel AND PUT THEM BEHIND HIS HEAD! :eek: :shakehead

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, that's for sure.

cart7
05-07-03, 12:28 PM
A couple of pix on TF show Shig's helmet partially off his head due to the impact! :eek:

Could this be a new warning device the league has installed to warn safety teams of the possible severity of the drivers injuries??

Helmet still on head - Driver probably OK. Tub repairable for the 500.

Helmet partially on head - Driver may have concussion, broken limbs, tub may not be repairable for the 500.

Helmut shot completely off drivers head during impact - Get a stretcher, call G-Force or Dallara and tell them to put factory on double OT.

mapguy
05-07-03, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by cart7
A couple of pix on TF show Shig's helmet partially off his head due to the impact! :eek:

Could this be a new warning device the league has installed to warn safety teams of the possible severity of the drivers injuries??

Helmet still on head - Driver probably OK. Tub repairable for the 500.

Helmet partially on head - Driver may have concussion, broken limbs, tub may not be repairable for the 500.

Helmut shot completely off drivers head during impact - Get a stretcher, call G-Force or Dallara and tell them to put factory on double OT.

What was funny about that thread is that webbie-poo came out and flat out blamed the HANS device for his helmet coming off kilter. Going into a detailed 'explaination' of how it happened. Then someone in the know stated that Shiggy doesn't wear the HANS.

Nice to see that Harold Webb Collings is still a clueless putz.

pchall
05-07-03, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by mapguy

Nice to see that Harold Webb Collings is still a clueless putz.

As if we didn't all recognize this for the last seven+ years... :)

cart7
05-07-03, 04:23 PM
I rarely see him post anymore, I wonder if he's changed Pseudo's?

mapguy
05-07-03, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by cart7
I rarely see him post anymore, I wonder if he's changed Pseudo's?

E-Stand, Northshore aka Harold Webb Collings is posting as hwc on the brownshirt forum.

RacinM3
05-07-03, 04:31 PM
Wasn't Enzo Ferrari quoted saying something to the effect thet drivers are like light bulbs? You unscrew one and screw another one in. The IRL is REALLY taking us to yesteryear, and it ain't all good.

Turn7
05-07-03, 05:49 PM
I heard a blurb that Shiggy was recovering from his surgery today. Why did he have surgery? For his finger?

Ziggy
05-07-03, 06:18 PM
No, Foit had them go after his wallet

Ziggy

JLMannin
05-07-03, 07:16 PM
The tub is fine. Only the expendable parts of the car were damaged - wings, suspension, driver.:shakehead

DaveL
05-07-03, 08:31 PM
And in other Japanese driver news, Shinji Nakano will be driving for Beck.

Good thing the IRL was created so that Japanese drivers with backing from engine manufacturers could have the OPPORTUNITY* to land rides at Indy while far more accomplished and deserving drivers are out in the cold.

*What we were told the IRL was all about.

cart7
05-07-03, 09:00 PM
I was told if you play back TG's interviews from '94 - '95 backwards, you can here the asteriks. :p

Say it everyone...OPPORTUNITY

JLMannin
05-08-03, 01:28 PM
The opportunity is there for the first five funded "arrive and drive" participants. An analysis of the car driver combinations tested so far indicates 28 drivers.