PDA

View Full Version : Brickyard Speed

racer2c
05-06-03, 04:29 PM
I read Takagi turned a 229 yesterday. With three weeks until the race you can bet there will be a 'two thirty-something' pole. I remember the first IRL 500 when the PR was all about reducing speeds in the name of safety. Those evil Champ Cars running 245 without their pop offs (remember Pages' snide comments?) in practice and qualifying speeds in the 230's, it was deemed 'UNSAFE' from the Ministry of Tony.
Chevy must be dreading this one for sure.

Chief
05-06-03, 05:13 PM
The Lemming is quite adept in it's adaptation of changing environments. This will be accepted with a deep throat.

nrc
05-06-03, 06:33 PM
How could they possibly have anticipated that if they relaxed the engine rules, bring in new cars and allowed Honda and Toyota to dump tons of money into sealed engine development that speeds would go up this year? :gomer:

rabbit
05-07-03, 12:16 PM
The difference now is that Lord Sagamore has blessed us all with a SAFER wall and safer cars. CART could never be trusted to protect the drivers.

Railbird
05-07-03, 02:51 PM
I expected the speeds to be much higher at this point in time and I still think you might see a pretty fair bump as Toyota and Honda break out the qual motors.

They have a slow down fix "waiting in the wings" so to speak.

and it's not mandated angles or lower revs.

Of course I say let 'em rip.

but then pc will start with his paleolithic schtick again...