PDA

View Full Version : RA CC/ALMS Viewing Present

NismoZ
07-23-07, 04:46 PM
Having attended races art RA every year since 1962 (except '70:( ) I can say without reservation the greatest improvement in spectator/photog viewing has been completed. After years of encroachment by undergrowth, overgrowth, spreading trees, unmaintained walking paths, cement block, chain link, and made for TV billboards the track has gifted us with a wide and unobstructed view of Thunder Valley and the run all the way to T14. :thumbup: The addition of 5 mini-bleachers resting on the former road surface to the old Mitchell bridge is an added plus. Great sight lines, perfect sun location. Now all they need is a concession stand on the inside of the tunnel and some closer porta-potties and a Jumbo-Tron across the track for the big weekend! I think many of you will enjoy the new vista as I did at the Brian Redman Vintage get-together! See you over there for morning practice and qualifying sessions for sure. Many seem to be braver there now that the concrete bridge abutment no longer exists. Hope no tall catch-fencing is installed there but I wonder. It looks too good to be true!:D (spectator berm, small bleachers and much better overhead view due to tree and bridge removal and landscaping on the inside of the old bridge turn as well!:thumbup: )

RTKar
07-23-07, 06:44 PM
Definitely, a great sight line, as of yet unobstructed by catch fencing but I'm guessing that'll change sooner rather than later. It sure does look different without the bridge. It's great seeing RA make improvements over the years a little at a time rather than allowing the facility fall into disrepair.